Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

JDxtra wrote: »
    Now FM had no audio this evening, then came on at 8pm exactly with a liner, a bunch of ads, and a promo. Then went back to no audio.

Seems to me like the playout system schedule is messed up. Should be easy enough to fix that.

Indeed, easy stuff. Wonder what playout system they use? If they sorted that out along with everything else they could be big.

All the effort and all that cash behind them, and yet they can't get something so simple right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ODTR

Indeed, easy stuff. Wonder what payout system they use? If they sorted that out along with everything else they could be big.

All the effort and all that cash behind them, and yet they can't get something so simple right.
    Is it gone or moved frequency? 88.1 has nothing today.

Infoanon wrote: »
    It's 2 different TXS - hopefully sense will prevaIl

Mishmash of 80s v's dance music on the freq. now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FMRadiojunky

ODTR wrote: »
    Is it gone or moved frequency? 88.1 has nothing today.

Apparently their engineers are upgrading equipment and they wont be back on FM till sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FunRadio

NOW FM disappears and Phever appears with a very similar signal profile. Coincidence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FMRadiojunky

FunRadio wrote: »
    NOW FM disappears and Phever appears with a very similar signal profile. Coincidence?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Apparently their engineers are upgrading equipment and they wont be back on FM till sunday!

Monday would be a better choice due to a licenced temp. allocated 88.1 for use at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Apart from Fresh FM which I can always pick up around Dublin 16, strange things were happening on the airwaves (on FM) this evening as I traveled around the Ballinteer and Marlay Park area!

Firstly, I picked up an RDS of Connect but no audio. I assume that was a carry over on my radio from yesterday, because after that I got an RDS of Phever (with letters slightly jumbled around) on 94.3. I could hear dance music around Marlay area on that frequency. Also, I briefly picked up a station on 102.5 without RDS playing dance music - Mix Radio? I briefly heard Hot FM playing on 91.0 quite clearly, which was unusual. But the most unusual thing of all was hearing RetroNow on 107.1 around this area, and the reception was pretty good. They must have done something with that station to increase its reach, because I could never pick it up properly before (RDS with no audio)....and it comes from Co. Meath I believe!

A couple of hours later, I had to go to the Leopardstown area. Initially, there was an RDS of Connect on 94.3 with blank audio. Then it changed to a blank RDS, playing a dance tune in a loop with some voice-over about something about to happen. The reception was very good all around the area. Along the Leopardstown Road, I could pick up Mix Radio loud and clear on 102.5 but it did not last.

Incidentally, iRadio was picked up very clearly on 105.0 around White's Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Retronow on 107 1 is Dublin based and has a good signal across Dublin (think Trax)
    94.3 - presently it's a battle between SE Connect and Phever SW - fear this will end in tears

Not aware of any temp appearing on 88.1 88.1 is not normally used for Dublin temps

• Advertisement

Just to add 99.5 horribly over modulated and no rds for the last few days

Infoanon wrote: »
    Retronow on 107 1 is Dublin based and has a good signal across Dublin (think Trax)
    94.3 - presently it's a battle between SE Connect and Phever SW - fear this will end in tears

Not aware of any temp appearing on 88.1 88.1 is not normally used for Dublin temps

I had been told before that Retronow originated in Co. Meath. Maybe they moved.

From what I heard tonight, Phever were coming in very well in a south-easterly direction and no sign of Connect, bar a couple of RDS displays. The opposite was the case the previous evening around Ballinteer/ Marlay: Connect FM was in the ascendant!

I thought some temps did use 88.1 in Dublin in the past. In any case, it has been an issue for multi-location temps such as Christmas FM, where one of the frequencies aimed for outside Dublin, could still be picked up in Dublin.

The temp for 88.1 is outside Dublin, it's in Mondello Park. I don't know if Now FM signal stretches out that way.

There's another temp due in July on 88.1 in City West. Both would be very low power.

94.3 is a mish mash of Connect and Phever in the city centre at the moment - ridiculous behaviour considering both stations have been raided in the past - Phever multiple times in its various guises and it's known that Comreg particularly do not like stations retuning that have previously been raided.

There are other frequencies available....

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Easyradio being jamed southwest Dublin this afternoon blank carrier apeard this afternoon what's up with all this jamming it's rediculous I myself have nutting to do with any jamming taken place on the band so if it's in relation to any jamming at the moment get the facts right first before pointing my way inocent untill proven outherwise and not a shed of profe out their which links me or the station to it rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Shame to hear of two seemingly professional operators (94.3) having this sort of carry-on

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FunRadio

Wasnt Connect on 94.3 a while before Phever re-appeared after a break (courtesy of comreg) of months?

I thought Connect was on 101.2

94.3, the Cube was on 101.2

Re Paul Wilsons posting - I thought Easy was on a blank carrier - there has been a carrier on since mid week on 94.3 in that case , the jamming being perfect in the south East as well

Connect, All 80s, Cube FM, Energy FM relay, Choonz FM and others I cant think of all seem very similar. I would assume this is from same site that was using 101.2 and just moved down to 94.3.

Phever could re-brand as new operation. Not bad idea if were targeted before.

Any reason one of them cant use 91.6?

• Advertisement

As far as I was aware before their raid Connect mainly used 92.0 and 101.2 at different times - this is all from memory

As far as I was aware before their raid Connect mainly used 92.0 and 101.2 at different times - this is all from memory
    101.2 never 92

ODTR wrote: »

Connect, All 80s, Cube FM, Energy FM relay, Choonz FM and others I cant think of all seem very similar. I would assume this is from same site that was using 101.2 and just moved down to 94.3.

Phever could re-brand as new operation. Not bad idea if were targeted before.

Any reason one of them cant use 91.6?
    A lot of assumptions being made at the moment. ...

Mix 102.5 now across the city with a constant signal

I can assure you Connect have used 92.0 in the past as a primary frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

A bit of cop on required in Dublin right now. From a distance, it just seems like musical frequencies and constant testing

That's correct. Plus Retro FM were using 91.0 at the time, had forgotten about that.

Looks like Hot FM have two new stations on the way - an RnB station and a rock/indie station. Not sure if these will be on FM or online only.

Not before the raid

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

You have that correct guys connect used the 92.0fm when retro was on 91.0 I was one half of the partnership at that stage they also used 94.3 just before Christmas of last year were putting out oldies as they were testing on 94.3 they were jamed by PVR after they left 88.1 just before Christmas and again when PVR decided to return after nearly three months absent from the band think the guys behind connect have had enough of the dirty tactics by zed station and are determent that they are not going to be bullied by anyone they intend to stand firm against bullying and threats and dirty tactics I have spoken to the owner of connect FM and that's what I have been told I agree with some of you guys their is a choice of Freq out their on the band Henze what's wrong with 91.6 I myself used that for a very long time and no interference from comreg what can I say sense should provail before it's to late with the tit for tat I'm sure it's come to the attention of comreg especially right next to a licenced operator and the clock is ticking it will be like black Tuesday all over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 MrPops

paulwilson wrote: »
    You have that correct guys connect used the 92.0fm when retro was on 91.0 I was one half of the partnership at that stage they also used 94.3 just before Christmas of last year were putting out oldies as they were testing on 94.3 they were jamed by PVR after they left 88.1 just before Christmas and again when PVR decided to return after nearly three months absent from the band think the guys behind connect have had enough of the dirty tactics by zed station and are determent that they are not going to be bullied by anyone they intend to stand firm against bullying and threats and dirty tactics I have spoken to the owner of connect FM and that's what I have been told I agree with some of you guys their is a choice of Freq out their on the band Henze what's wrong with 91.6 I myself used that for a very long time and no interference from comreg what can I say sense should provail before it's to late with the tit for tat I'm sure it's come to the attention of comreg especially right next to a licenced operator and the clock is ticking it will be like black Tuesday all over again

Turn it off paul

Advertisement