Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

MrPops wrote: »
    paulwilson wrote: »
    You have that correct guys connect used the 92.0fm when retro was on 91.0 I was one half of the partnership at that stage they also used 94.3 just before Christmas of last year were putting out oldies as they were testing on 94.3 they were jamed by PVR after they left 88.1 just before Christmas and again when PVR decided to return after nearly three months absent from the band think the guys behind connect have had enough of the dirty tactics by zed station and are determent that they are not going to be bullied by anyone they intend to stand firm against bullying and threats and dirty tactics I have spoken to the owner of connect FM and that's what I have been told I agree with some of you guys their is a choice of Freq out their on the band Henze what's wrong with 91.6 I myself used that for a very long time and no interference from comreg what can I say sense should provail before it's to late with the tit for tat I'm sure it's come to the attention of comreg especially right next to a licenced operator and the clock is ticking it will be like black Tuesday all over again

Turn it off paul
    Turn what of can u indulge me with to what you are talking about I must be missing something some were in what I wrote I'm confused by your statement so please feel free to clarify what you are refairing to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Bandscan from today (Leixlip, Co. Kildare)...

87.6 - Chill FM 28 dB
    87.8 - RTE R1 (Clermont Carn) 28 dB
    88.1 - <blank carrier> 37 dB
    88.5 - RTE R1 (Three Rock) 52 dB
    89.1 - RTE R1 (Kippure) 70+ dB
    89.6 - RTE R1 (Mount Leinster) 33 dB
    89.9 - SPIRIT (Three Rock) 50 dB
    90.7 - RTE 2FM (Three Rock) 54dB
    91.0 - HOT FM 50 dB
    91.3 - RTE 2FM (Kippure) 70+ dB
    91.8 - RTE 2FM (Mount Leinster) 34 dB
    92.2 - SPIRIT (Saggart Hill) 43 dB
    92.5 - PHOENIX (Blanchardstown) 24 dB
    92.9 - RTE RnaG (Three Rock) 58 dB
    93.2 - EASY <mono> 41 dB
    93.5 - RTE RnaG (Kippure) 70+ dB
    94.0 - RTE RnaG (Mount Leinster) 31 dB
    94.3 - Connect FM <no RDS, mono> 27 dB
    94.6 - 4FM (Saggart Hill) 50 dB
    94.9 - 4FM (Three Rock) 60 dB
    95.2 - RTElyric (Clermont Carn) 34 dB
    95.5 - LMFM (Saggart Hill) 58 dB
    96.2 - ECoastFM (Bray) 33 dB
    96.4 - LIFFEY (Lucan) 33 dB
    96.7 - RTElyric (Three Rock) 57 dB
    97.0 - RTE 2FM (Clermont Carn) 31 dB
    97.6 - KFM (Saggart Hill) 50 dB
    98.1 - 98FM (Three Rock) 60 dB
    98.7 - RTElyric (Kippure) 67 dB
    99.2 - RTElyric (Mount Leinster) 26 dB
    99.5 - Fresh FM n/a dB
    99.9 - ECoastFM (Saggart Hill) 46 dB
    100.3 - NOVA (Three Rock) 60 dB
    100.5 - NOVA (Saggart Hill) 52 dB
    100.9 - Today FM (Kippure) 64 dB
    101.4 - Today FM (Mount Leinster) 27 dB
    101.8 - Today FM (Three Rock) 46 dB
    102.2 - Q102 (Three Rock) 54 dB
    102.7 - RTE RnaG (Clermont Carn) 22 dB
    103.2 - DUB CITY (Three Rock) 41 dB
    103.8 - SPIN1038 (Three Rock) 54 dB
    104.4 - FM104 (Three Rock) 54 dB
    104.7 - iRadio (Saggart Hill) 48 dB
    105.5 - Today FM (Clermont Carn) 27 dB
    106.0 - NEWSTALK (Three Rock) 57 dB
    106.4 - RNA LIFE (Three Rock) 46 dB
    106.8 - SUNSHINE (Three Rock) 55 dB
    107.1 - RetroNow 38 dB
    107.6 - NEWSTALK (Saggart Hill) 50 dB
    107.9 - NEWSTALK (Clermont Carn) 25 dB

• Registered Users Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Newstalk on 107.9 from Clermont Carn is supposed to be either 0.3 KW or 4 KW, on two sources I found. RTE is 40 and Today FM 80 KW from Clermont.

It does struggle around Newry when I go north in the car. But I have heard it in Longford and Leitrim as clear as the other stations.

Now FM seem to be in the process of returning to 88.1 as some audio has appeared. Hot FM have no audio on 91.0. Easy seems to have a tone underneath - maybe a second transmission on 93.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Newstalk into south only yagis - around 300 or 400w I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

JDxtra wrote: »
    Now FM seem to be in the process of returning to 88.1 as some audio has appeared. Hot FM have no audio on 91.0. Easy seems to have a tone underneath - maybe a second transmission on 93.2?
    was sitting at home with me feet up enjoying a relaxing day no it was an attempt to jam the 93.2 which failed miserably hence we no the location of this stupid move it was traced to the clonee area of the city I couldn't give a two hoots about it but my partner on the outher hand not so laid back yeh he's a very hot headed guy who was not a happy camper and shows you how hot headed he was the one who went looking lucky for who ever was behind it as it was turned off shear stupidly I will state here again I am not involved in any actions been taken against one radio station in the city I have no involvement with the radio station involved in actions currently taken place it's not something I do but if I did I'd say it was me and would not back down from what I believe is right so if the jamming is anything to do with the current situation on the band give over lads I'm inocent all myself and partner want to do is provide a radio service that we have been providing for a lot of years I'm not here to bother or anoy or upset anyone just trying to provide a service and want to be left alone to get on with the job in hand
    Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Where abouts is Mix fm on 102.5 being transmitting from? Dublin, Meath or Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Where abouts is Mix fm on 102.5 being transmitting from? Dublin, Meath or Kildare?

According to FB it’s a Dublin station anyways

According to FB it’s a Dublin station anyways

Much stronger last few days than previously. On a blank carrier at the moment. Doesn't appear to have any RDS.

This station has rebranded already - it is now Dublin's 102.5 Kiss FM.

• Advertisement

It’s probably the Kiss FM that wqs on 93.2 a few months back

It’s probably the Kiss FM that wqs on 93.2 a few months back

No, definitely not - very different music style. Kiss FM is such a common name. Not the best choice in my opinion if you want to be found in a sea of Kiss FMs online.

No, definitely not - very different music style. Kiss FM is such a common name. Not the best choice in my opinion if you want to be found in a sea of Kiss FMs online.

Ah OK, am not in the area so wasn’t sure

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

Has there ever been a bandscan for galway

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

maniac2003 wrote: »
    Has there ever been a bandscan for galway

there aren't any pirates there as far as i know. radio filoo and rascal radio i think were the last ones.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lovebuddy

What’s going on with 94.3 in dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Lovebuddy wrote: »
    That nonsense will end in tears...

More intrigued by an oldies dance station on 98.4 earlier...

Bit more on Energy 103 - it's coming from Ratoath and also has an online presence though that is currently 'off air'.
    Energy claims to play the oldies the others have forgotten - and from my hour or so of listening I can confirm that the claim is pretty much true ! Some great Energy 80s being played.

Finally audio modulation on 99.5 has gone to the other extreme of being barely audible - what Phever or Connect wouldn't do for that frequency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ODTR

Two stations are trying to use 94.3 fm last week or two and neither refusing to back down.

Any reason why 91.6 has been abandoned? Phever used that before and many others before them too.

Infoanon wrote: »
    That nonsense will end in tears...

More intrigued by an oldies dance station on 98.4 earlier...

Bit more on Energy 103 - it's coming from Ratoath and also has an online presence though that is currently 'off air'.
    Energy claims to play the oldies the others have forgotten - and from my hour or so of listening I can confirm that the claim is pretty much true ! Some great Energy 80s being played.

Finally audio modulation on 99.5 has gone to the other extreme of being barely audible - what Phever or Connect wouldn't do for that frequency.

According to their Facebook page 98.4 is The 90s Network. Also claiming to be on DAB in Cork.

ODTR wrote: »
    According to their Facebook page 98.4 is The 90s Network. Also claiming to be on DAB in Cork.

Right in the middle of 98 and Lyric... I wouldn’t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Plenty of pirate activity last night on the FM band in Dublin

88.1 NOW FM
    91.0 HOT FM
    93.2 EASY
    94.3 Complete Mess
    99.5 Ongoing Fresh Fm
    102.5 Kiss Fm
    107.1 Retronow

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lovebuddy

It’s childish really, only playing into regulators hands, both places will be busted and equippment lost.
    ODTR wrote: »
    Two stations are trying to use 94.3 fm last week or two and neither refusing to back down.

Any reason why 91.6 has been abandoned? Phever used that before and many others before them too.

It’s childish really, only playing into regulators hands, both places will be busted and equippment lost.

Both should know better. Nobody owns a frequency but this is childish behaviour. Not doing pirates in general any credit here.

A relay of Phever is currently on 91.6 FM. Not sure if this is permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

A relay of Phever is currently on 91.6 FM. Not sure if this is permanent.

Phever on 91.6 and 94.3 now - 94.3 the main frequency.

Connect also on 94.3

Also to add to last nights list - Chill providing great music on 87.6 on a regular basis.

It’s here, ladies and gents
    hotfmireland.com, hosting Hot FM’s Dance, R&B and rock/alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Yea just downloaded it. And yea it's great there is an app. However the audio is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

More apps than listeners. All the reviews on the play store are from the staff!

More apps than listeners. All the reviews on the play store are from the staff!

The seller is listed as Francis Mcdowell. I take it that's Frank Kennedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the r&b and indie station seem to be spotify playlists rather then actual stations.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement