Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Another station testing on 91.6 in Dublin. RDS is K TST TX.

Yes, getting that very clear. Radio Text is a little unusual!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Audible (91 6) but not particularly strong in Dublin West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Infoanon wrote: »

What music?

Audio stopped now. RDS data indicates it's not some official test.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Audio stopped now. RDS data indicates it's not some official test.

Is it another dance station

• Advertisement

Blank carrier on 101.6 as far as Longford anybody have any info on this

As far as Longford from Dublin?

Getting a carrier on 92.0 this evening as well, no audio/stereo or RDS.

Is it another dance station

It was a mix of 90s, some dance music was included - nothing too heavy. Audio stopped around 5pm-ish. Clearly only a test, audio wasn't going through a proper playout system - huge gaps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

As far as Longford from Dublin?

Yes sorry I didn't clarify

JDxtra wrote: »
    Getting a carrier on 92.0 this evening as well, no audio/stereo or RDS.

An update on this one, it appears to be Retro FM which have moved back to 92.0 after some time on 91.9.

• Advertisement

Picked up Now, Hot, Fresh, Kiss, No.1FM and RetroNow in Dublin this morning

The Beach on air also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ODTR

The outages at Now fm continue. Why cant they fix this. Hot fm also no audio. Maybe they want the listeners of dublin to tune into the many other stations that are actually playing music!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What I assume is fresh FM on 99.5 now has rolling RDS. "Stay tuned lo power 99.5 testing" If it is them they are totally trolling.

What I assume is fresh FM on 99.5 now has rolling RDS. "Stay tuned lo power 99.5 testing" If it is them they are totally trolling.

It’s them alright

So stupid but what do u expect. Testing for 6 years still sounds rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

any further updates on 91.6 and 101.6?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

any further updates on 91.6 and 101.6?

The test on 91.6 went off air late on Wednesday night and has not (yet!) returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

ODTR wrote: »

So stupid but what do u expect. Testing for 6 years still sounds rubbish.
    Yes there was someone on a few months ago having a rant on the tread claiming to be from fresh .I wish comreg or someone would shut them down.pure waste of a frequency .

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yes there was someone on a few months ago having a rant on the tread claiming to be from fresh .I wish comreg or someone would shut them down.pure waste of a frequency .

Yes a very poor signal and audio is horrendous way over modulated packed with distortion a complete mess I would say, it has been like that a long long time.

• Advertisement

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »

Yes a very poor signal and audio is horrendous way over modulated packed with distortion a complete mess I would say, it has been like that a long long time.
    A very poor signal. ...no - signal is strong across Dublin , with a SE bias.

Audio was over modulated when the RDS was dropped but has since improved.

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »

A very poor signal. ...no - signal is strong across Dublin , with a SE bias.

Audio was over modulated when the RDS was dropped but has since improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Great, looking forward to the next 5 years of tests.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 should call it the comedy channel very apt

Its transmitter in a biscuit tin stuff. What's the value in broadcasting if u have no one listening. Coming soon what a joke. Nothing is coming soon.

Someone slap a transmission on 99.5 and force this fella off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ODTR wrote: »
    Its transmitter in a biscuit tin stuff. What's the value in broadcasting if u have no one listening. Coming soon what a joke. Nothing is coming soon.

Someone slap a transmission on 99.5 and force this fella off.

at this stage i completely agree as by the looks of it fresh have no plans for anything other then a constant test. it's taking up a frequency that could be used by a station that will actually provide something.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Yesterday evening I picked up a relay of Energy Power AM on 99.3 around the Leopardstown area. This is like the relay I came across on the 2nd of June of the same station on 99.2. Meanwhile, Fresh FM could be picked up on 99.5 (only .2 away). As I came towards the Ballinteer / Dundrum direction, that relay on 99.2 faded away.

99.3 Energy relay on air today as well , low modulation but clear across the SE ,audio also in sync with the AM output.

Iirc there was a short lived FM for Energy AM - around the same frequency but dreadful audio - pre 2003.

The Cube are sounding good on 101.2 but no Easy or Retro this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

99.3 Energy relay on air today as well , low modulation but clear across the SE ,audio also in sync with the AM output.

Iirc there was a short lived FM for Energy AM - around the same frequency but dreadful audio - pre 2003.

The Cube are sounding good on 101.2 but no Easy or Retro this weekend

The Cube was coming in loud and clear all around the southside today. I also picked up that 99.3 relay. Incidentally, The Beach was coming in very strong on 105.7 around Stillorgan today.

Apart from recent relays and joint broadcasts, I know nothing about Energy AM's history on FM. Tell me more!

• Advertisement

at this stage i completely agree as by the looks of it fresh have no plans for anything other then a constant test. it's taking up a frequency that could be used by a station that will actually provide something.

I think your wasting your time commenting on this guy or guys ?They have no interest in presenting themselves with any sort of quality broadcasting just listen to what’s coming out of your radio on 99.5 absolutely awful,they now have the audio roaring and please don’t start saying that the audio is fine I’m fed up with that ridiculous quote,

Advertisement