Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

99.5 in Dublin have finally stopped their rolling RDS. Just says FRESH FM now
    Stopped a few weeks ago. They had no RDS ,added it back in and distorted their audio at the same time - which could be related depending on their set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

does fresh have it's own automation now or does it just relay other station's streams?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

does fresh have it's own automation now or does it just relay other station's streams?
    It has had its own automation for a few months. It can be repetitive at times, maybe I'm just unlucky and just keep hearing the same tunes!

The 90s Network is to continue on low power on 98.4 for the moment apparently - primary broadcast area is North Dublin.

Ironically BBC Radio 1 is strong(est) in North Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

ODTR wrote: »
    The outages at Now fm continue. Why cant they fix this. Hot fm also no audio. Maybe they want the listeners of dublin to tune into the many other stations that are actually playing music!!

Was tuned in on Monday afternoon when Joe Harte was on air. Seemed to be 2 audio playout systems interfering with each other even when Joe was apparently talking on air the music system with cut in on top of his voice, Very poor set up. It went on for about 20 minutes then I just switched off, No doubt it was voice tracked or he should have caught on to the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Now FM blank at the moment, Surely someone has remote access to fix the problem, it’s happening a lot lately.

Now FM blank at the moment, Surely someone has remote access to fix the problem, it’s happening a lot lately.

Yes, noticed that too - signal up with stereo and RDS, just no audio. The audio is working on the stream.

The cube are now on 93.2 moving from 101.2

Blank carrier on 107.4 for a period yesterday.

99.3 blank carrier hasn't been on so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fresh dj

Fresh fm Dublin ,has remote access and not relayed station
    It is going live in the next week ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Fresh dj wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i am delighted to hear this.
    will you have an online stream going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Next week of what year?

Now FM currently putting out a noise/tone on FM.

Note there is an low powered temporary station on 88.1 this weekend.

Update: audio back on Now.

Infoanon wrote: »
    The cube are now on 93.2 moving from 101.2

Blank carrier on 107.4 for a period yesterday.

99.3 blank carrier hasn't been on so far

The Cube sounding much improved on this frequency, very strong in city. Was never a fan of 101.2.

99.3 is on but didn't catch any ID.

Managed to catch these today. Have The Beach made signal improvements? Got it a bit further out than before.

87.6 - Chill FM
    88.1 - Now FM
    88.8 - Easy Radio
    91.0 - Hot FM
    93.2 - The Cube
    94.3 - Phever
    99.3 - Unknown
    99.5 - Fresh FM
    102.5 - Kiss Dublin
    105.7 - The Beach
    107.1 - RetroNow

JDxtra wrote: »
    Managed to catch these today. Have The Beach made signal improvements? Got it a bit further out than before.

87.6 - Chill FM
    88.1 - Now FM
    88.8 - Easy Radio
    91.0 - Hot FM
    93.2 - The Cube
    94.3 - Phever
    99.3 - Unknown
    99.5 - Fresh FM
    102.5 - Kiss Dublin
    105.7 - The Beach
    107.1 - RetroNow
    99.3 is relaying Energy 1395 stream

98.4 the 90s Network is also on - audible in the South East of Dublin and across the Northside of the city.

101.2 is a decent frequency so can see it being used again very soon.

Changes at Now FM? Imaging dropped. RDS now reads Now 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Changes at Now FM? Imaging dropped. RDS now reads Now 90s.

One way to get shut down quicker! Legals won't like that. Remember Non Stop 90s?

Sound processing is good though ;)

any further updates on 99.3 and fresh 99.5? i believe fresh 99.5 had a live show at the weekend?

• Advertisement

It's not clear if the changes at Now are permanent or a test, or daytime output only. Some imaging and the ads are back in the schedule.

It's not clear if the changes at Now are permanent or a test, or daytime output only. Some imaging and the ads are back in the schedule.
    Great to hear Phever radio almost back to full programs on FM badly missed

any further updates on 99.3 and fresh 99.5? i believe fresh 99.5 had a live show at the weekend?

signal only in mono

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    signal only in mono

Yes, Fresh is mono but with RDS (like Newstalk!). Haven't heard any live shows. The station on 99.3 is weak and doesn't travel out my way.

Yes, Fresh is mono but with RDS (like Newstalk!). Haven't heard any live shows. The station on 99.3 is weak and doesn't travel out my way.

FRESH has been in mono for a while now - 99.3 is directional and strong in eg South East

Now 90s is a Dance station as opposed to NonStop90s which was more general (and upset 4FM a lot )

Now 90s is a Dance station as opposed to NonStop90s which was more general (and upset 4FM a lot )
    They just played Take That - How Deep Is Your Love. I heard some dance, but it's mostly been fairly soft 90s pop - Simply Red, Michael Jackson, George Michael etc. No posts on their social media pages about the changes yet. They seem to be in a state of flux. Too many similar dance stations I think, so something different is welcome.

They just played Take That - How Deep Is Your Love. I heard some dance, but it's mostly been fairly soft 90s pop - Simply Red, Michael Jackson, George Michael etc. No posts on their social media pages about the changes yet. They seem to be in a state of flux. Too many similar dance stations I think, so something different is welcome.
    It was all dance earlier - Retro definitely in vogue

It was all dance earlier - Retro definitely in vogue

Yes, I heard some of that. Listeners must be very confused! If they are making changes I presume its a work in progress, good luck to them. Lets see what comes out of it.

No audio on Hot FM all morning (FM only, stream is OK).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Hot FM back on there, Now 90s must have increased power slightly & worked on audio

Advertisement