Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

So Now seem to be gone - once Fresh is gone the band will be much less polluted. Hot will go in time

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

now fm's stream is back on.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Were did you see that
    There were lightning strikes on Tuesday. Now reported a power outage at transmission site with no updates since.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

hibits wrote: »
    There were lightning strikes on Tuesday. Now reported a power outage at transmission site with no updates since.

It was on their Insta too, hopefully lightening hit the playout system too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fisherman Sam

It was on their Insta too, hopefully lightening hit the playout system too.

Hahaha pitty it didnt knock out hot fm while it was at it

• Advertisement

Hahaha pitty it didnt knock out hot fm while it was at it

Ha! If only Spain had lightening storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

I’m enjoying The Cube on 93.2 FM, Nice signal, audio & jingles, Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to get it just right, loving the song information on the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Storm NE now doing tests in Dab+ .really interesting seeing it now been done in other parts of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Picked up some possibly German relay on 88.0 while driving out the n7 past saggart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I’m enjoying The Cube on 93.2 FM, Nice signal, audio & jingles, Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to get it just right, loving the song information on the RDS.
    Agree with this. Just needs consistency with broadcast hours in order to gain momentum.

• Advertisement

Spoke to soon, The Cube is gone now it’s F U N on 93.2, I just wish the owners would pick a station name and go with it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FunRadio

MASSIVE Thank You to all the kind folks in The Cube, Energy AM and others behind the scenes who donated their airtime to FUN RADIO and allowed us to broadcast 13.5 hours of live free radio today. We had a ball playing music picked and played by humans rather than by computers, playing songs that haven't been played on the air in a while. And no voice tracking!
    We assume normal operations have resumed by our kind hosts.

Keep radio FUN and have a great weekend everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Spoke to soon, The Cube is gone now it’s F U N on 93.2, I just wish the owners would pick a station name and go with it
    FunRadio wrote: »
    MASSIVE Thank You to all the kind folks in The Cube, Energy AM and others behind the scenes who donated their airtime to FUN RADIO and allowed us to broadcast 13.5 hours of live free radio today. We had a ball playing music picked and played by humans rather than by computers, playing songs that haven't been played on the air in a while. And no voice tracking!
    We assume normal operations have resumed by our kind hosts.

Keep radio FUN and have a great weekend everybody!

Dipole Keith: this is something that has happened before. A number of oldies-oriented stations come together and do a joint broadcast for the day. What was unusual this time was that it seems only two frequencies were involved: 93.2 FM (The Cube) and 1395 mh (Energy AM). Maybe, some of the other players have left the scene (where is Retro FM?) or they were just not available this time.

Energy AM is always involved with these joint broadcasts. Indeed, I was listening to it yesterday morning when the presenter mentioned that Paul Murray would be on later that day. He is one of the guys behind Energy. I'm not sure who the presenter was - Brian Kelly of Energy maybe? Paul Wilson of Easy Radio (and a few others beside!) took over at lunchtime and I heard him briefly. What struck me was that I could pick up 93.2 load and clear in Ashbourne, Co. Meath, yesterday morning. In fact, the reception on 93.2 was better around that area and the M2 heading towards the M50 then it was around Ballinteer!

Has Retro left the actual airwaves and is Chill 87.6 gone?

Out to all pirates:
    I just wanna say this - it’s not easy to run a station, produce/present a show etc added to the fact that’s always the slight risk that you’ll lose everything you’ve put in. If you’re going to take the risk and spend time money, blood, sweat and tears building up a station make it worthwile. Don’t fill your playout system with the syndicated podcasts every dance station is playing - if you can’t get live or pre-recorded shows of your own, at least curate your own automated playlists: make the station yours. Make the playout library plentiful: use mixes, get music sent in etc.
    Just make it worth it, that’s all I’m saying. Be consistent, be proud of your sound and make your station your own. That’s all.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Has Retro left the actual airwaves and is Chill 87.6 gone?

Just listening in on 92 fm and I hear Retro FM back on be it on low power obviously they must have some technical issue because there signal is always a lot better than it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Country music on 96.0 and the 90s Network stronger on 98.4 though the audio quality is lacking bass and treble ie it's a bit thinny !

Fresh audio distorted on high frequencies on 99.5 , strong carrier on 99.3

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

I seem to recall someone here is in charge of the "8073" online SDR.
    There is no reception of MW stations whereas "8074" is working well.
    Sorry if in the wrong section .

1025Kiss blank all morning, No RDS

1025Kiss blank all morning, No RDS

Kiss is back now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    I seem to recall someone here is in charge of the "8073" online SDR.
    There is no reception of MW stations whereas "8074" is working well.
    Sorry if in the wrong section .

It is the Hobby Radio forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057777569&page=14

Any one know what kinda power are stations pushing in dublin aprox. ?

Any one know what kinda power are stations pushing in dublin aprox. ?

Guessing, the most would be around 1kw, most of them would be less.

Guessing, the most would be around 1kw, most of them would be less.

I guess hot fresh and phever would be on the lower end? Find them hard to get in places when retronow and kiss come in grand

Many factors to consider like site location, antenna type and configuration. Also listener location too is a factor. Hot is actually one of the stronger stations out my direction (lucky me?).

From a good site, an ERP of 1kw is sufficient for reasonable coverage. If your antennas have decent gain, you could get away with a 200/300w TX.

Thanks for the info thought it would have been alot more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Thanks for the info thought it would have been alot more
    You don't need a lot of power to cover Dublin - it's site location that's key .

The max allocated power in Dublin is 10kw for an independent with most on a lot less than that. (Only 100.3 and 106.0 have that allowed power iirc)

Today must have a good site on 0.5kW

Infoanon wrote: »
    Country music on 96.0 and the 90s Network stronger on 98.4 though the audio quality is lacking bass and treble ie it's a bit thinny !

Fresh audio distorted on high frequencies on 99.5 , strong carrier on 99.3

I'm not a sports fan, so not sure about this - but in the past didn't the IRFU use 96.0 for ref link at the Aviva, or is that long gone?

• Advertisement

Today must have a good site on 0.5kW

Which Today site uses .5kW?

Advertisement