Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

the dance station on 91.6 is the same owner that owns easy radio same signal same audio
    coming from the same site near jobstown wouldn't be far from the old radio dublin site just a little bit higher up the other end of the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pirateman1988

the dance station on 91.6 is the same owner that owns easy radio same signal same audio
    coming from the same site near jobstown wouldn't be far from the old radio dublin site just a little bit higher up the other end of the hill

That's a great way to get people's gear taken... Even though your information isn't accurate it's still very irresponsible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I see galaxyfm is back. Not as polished as the likes of NRG but I prefer their music selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They're on/off too often for anybody to care. Radio needs consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Signal on 91.6 not great for its location, 92.2 strong in Tallaght and Saggart area, high pressure causing problems for some pirates due to the good weather and its about to get worse next few days as High Pressure will be coming from the East so we can expect alot of European stations on Fm and Am, Energy sounding fantastic over the weekend on 1386AM best signal ever my way.

• Advertisement

Signal on 91.6 not great for its location, 92.2 strong in Tallaght and Saggart area, high pressure causing problems for some pirates due to the good weather and its about to get worse next few days as High Pressure will be coming from the East so we can expect alot of European stations on Fm and Am, Energy sounding fantastic over the weekend on 1386AM best signal ever my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

Getting possibly Italian station 87.7 and Spanish on 92.0 The usual English station's all around 100Mhz sounding quite clear today .
    Rock Solid wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Blank carrier with RDS 'Heat' now back on 99.5.

Dance 91.6 have turned up the modulation levels today, Galaxy 92.2 suffering from the weather conditions (ie BBC R3 on 92.0/92.3).

No sign of NLR on 87.6 for a week and a half.

Dance 91.6 have turned up the modulation levels today, Galaxy 92.2 suffering from the weather conditions (ie BBC R3 on 92.0/92.3).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Infoanon wrote: »

Nlr isn't my type of music but it was on yesterday evening around 7 when I was flicking.

• Advertisement

NLR were on Saturday, HEAT 99 are testing now on 99.5 with audio, signal seems stronger than BASE FM, are they the same operation ?

Heat using the same VO artist as Base had, and also heard a few familiar voices and names mentioned on the adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

phever off air anyone know? stream been down since yesterday

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

phever off air anyone know? stream been down since yesterday

Phever ok for me on 93.2, Galaxy off on 92.2

Infoanon wrote: »
    Phever ok for me on 93.2

streams back up now

does galaxy still broadcast online anyone know? links i had for them no longer work

Galaxy are a blank carrier again last couple of days. Nothing also on 99.5 this morning.

NRG, Phever and Dance 916 on as normal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Dublins' 98fm and FM104 have appeared with strong signals on 97.4 and 103.1 in north county Dublin. Here in Balbriggan they are stronger than almost everything else on the band, coming in at a similar strength to stations from Clermont Carn, and LMFM from Mount Oriel on 95.8.
    A new relay somewhere? Anyone know?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Very close to Dublin City FM on 103.2

97.4 audible in South Dublin, 103.1 not as clear.

Both frequencies used in Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

No NRG on the way home this eve... Eek where are they!??

No NRG on the way home this eve... Eek where are they!??

Not sure tx went off near 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Listening in on-line as i am based in drogheda, Live DJS still on this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Not sure tx went off near 6pm

Hopefully they're back on soon!

Tonik and the others on so hopefully it's nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

they seem to be suffering with the high pressure lately maybe that's why there off

NRG on air loud and clear

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Any update on the FM104/98FM relays?

Never knew that there was reception problems with either in North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Dublins' 98fm and FM104 have appeared with strong signals on 97.4 and 103.1 in north county Dublin. Here in Balbriggan they are stronger than almost everything else on the band, coming in at a similar strength to stations from Clermont Carn, and LMFM from Mount Oriel on 95.8.
    A new relay somewhere? Anyone know?

They are coming from the Fugitives gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

98FM's website says it is a relay to improve reception in Skerries and Balbriggan. Can only assume it's the same with FM104.

I think this is ridiculous. Drive to Newry and you'll hear both stations quite clearly, so I don't see how two towns in Dublin county should suffer from poor reception. Maybe figures for both stations are low in those towns but may I suggest that the service provided might be the issue and not the reception. Maybe the good people of Balbriggan lean more towards Drogheda, than Dublin city, and by extension maybe LMFM is more relevant than 98FM.

Furthermore, if this departure actually works for both stations I can see the other Dublin stations looking for the same advantage. This will severely reduce the amount of available frequencies for Dublin, and by extension reduce the chance of the authorities from offering and granting new licences/services, reducing choice.

Sad day.

• Advertisement

98FM's website says it is a relay to improve reception in Skerries and Balbriggan. Can only assume it's the same with FM104.

I think this is ridiculous. Drive to Newry and you'll hear both stations quite clearly, so I don't see how two towns in Dublin county should suffer from poor reception. Maybe figures for both stations are low in those towns but may I suggest that the service provided might be the issue and not the reception. Maybe the good people of Balbriggan lean more towards Drogheda, than Dublin city, and by extension maybe LMFM is more relevant than 98FM.

Furthermore, if this departure actually works for both stations I can see the other Dublin stations looking for the same advantage. This will severely reduce the amount of available frequencies for Dublin, and by extension reduce the chance of the authorities from offering and granting new licences/services, reducing choice.

Sad day.
    I wonder where they are TXing from.

I was under the assumption that 98.1 and 104.4 covered the whole of Dublin no problem. You'd often hear of listeners to (the old) FM104 phoneshow from Cavan and Drogheda. I'd say something if 4FM were complaining but 98 & 104 have the two clearest frequencies and use the most power too. As I said previously too, Dublin City FM won't be too happy about a transmission on a direct adjacent frequency starting up in the same county as them.

Surprising that both 98 & 104 have relays starting simultaneously. Did 98 apply for a relay (seeing as they are advertising it), and one was offered to 104 after?

What was wrong with coverage in Balbriggan and Skerries for the first 25 years they were on air?

Advertisement