Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

JDxtra wrote: »
    Back now. RDS says "Dub City" - has that changed? Looks different. Maybe it was all capitals before.

Correct, it was DUB CITY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Don't agree with you at all. Define doing so well? Doubt they'd be making a ton of cash. Might be loud, might be giving impression that they are up there but seriously...? They use their presence to promote their own nights out. Define well run? Not that well run, off air frequently etc. Phever not on air. They have said nothing...How is KB jealous? He has a license so think the Kiss and Phevers etc of this world be the jealous ones tbh.

First of all its not about 'making money' at least its not for most pirate stations at the moment. Yes some have 2 or 3 ads for certain companies and that will generate a small few quid for running costs etc..

Secondly whats the problem with them advertising their own gigs or in your words 'their own nights out' as if its just a pi*s up with the lads?!
    Have you any idea how much planning, organisation, structure and cost goes into these type of stations and 'nights out' as you put it??
    The simple answer is A LOT!

Thirdly, the likes of kiss and phever are very well run and for you or anyone to say they arn't is the height of disrespect for any of those involved with these stations.
    By well run I mean they are well organised, well funded and they both have a broad audience and especially phever they have been going for years and i believe will continue to do so! They had the great ideas of the likes of the hd cams in studio etc which none of the others will do also some big names have been on it over the years

as for them being on and off air all the time is directly as a result of KB and his actions several months ago they are clearly worried that if they push their luck authorities will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.
    And yes KB has a licence now but he didnt always have one lets not forget that!
    Another thing i have a serious issue with is the fact that he says pirates today are 'stealing' listeners from licenced stations!! Absolute bollix what person that listens to Nova would flick over to phever, kiss, extreme or any of the other pirates you answer me that! Utter bollix it is. These well run pirate stations cause no harm and provide a service simple as. 'filling a gap in the market' if you will.
    And yes i do understand that there is absolute muck on some of the other pirates i dont think anyone will disagree on that!

Now i hope that answers your question and makes sense!

Just to clarify I am not involved with either Phever or Kiss!
    I Just want to make that very clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    First of all its not about 'making money' at least its not for most pirate stations at the moment. Yes some have 2 or 3 ads for certain companies and that will generate a small few quid for running costs etc..

Secondly whats the problem with them advertising their own gigs or in your words 'their own nights out' as if its just a pi*s up with the lads?!
    Have you any idea how much planning, organisation, structure and cost goes into these type of stations and 'nights out' as you put it??
    The simple answer is A LOT!

Thirdly, the likes of kiss and phever are very well run and for you or anyone to say they arn't is the height of disrespect for any of those involved with these stations.
    By well run I mean they are well organised, well funded and they both have a broad audience and especially phever they have been going for years and i believe will continue to do so! They had the great ideas of the likes of the hd cams in studio etc which none of the others will do also some big names have been on it over the years

as for them being on and off air all the time is directly as a result of KB and his actions several months ago they are clearly worried that if they push their luck authorities will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.
    And yes KB has a licence now but he didnt always have one lets not forget that!
    Another thing i have a serious issue with is the fact that he says pirates today are 'stealing' listeners from licenced stations!! Absolute bollix what person that listens to Nova would flick over to phever, kiss, extreme or any of the other pirates you answer me that! Utter bollix it is. These well run pirate stations cause no harm and provide a service simple as. 'filling a gap in the market' if you will.
    And yes i do understand that there is absolute muck on some of the other pirates i dont think anyone will disagree on that!

Now i hope that answers your question and makes sense!

Sounds to me like you have a PR gig with one of them.!

Im well aware what planning goes into events etc. I didn't say anything about a piss up, if you read my post it implied that they mostly promoted their own event nights. A webcam in the studio, what...that's innovative ?Considering all the legal stations did it 10 years ago, but its different cause a pirate does it. Lol. Not a pirates original idea...You see, perception is everything and that's where you got hooked in by it all but hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Was in Belfast today, did a band scan and came across Juice on 103.8, Is it a pirate? Sounds like it. I heard a familiar voice from the pirates in Dublin doing ads. On the way home 1036Wild stopped around Craigavon, Banbridge & Newry, Someone needs to edit the song information coming up, I got Artist, Title & bit rate 320.

• Advertisement

Sounds to me like you have a PR gig with one of them.!

Im well aware what planning goes into events etc. I didn't say anything about a piss up, if you read my post it implied that they mostly promoted their own event nights. A webcam in the studio, what...that's innovative ?Considering all the legal stations did it 10 years ago, but its different cause a pirate does it. Lol. Not a pirates original idea...You see, perception is everything and that's where you got hooked in by it all but hey!

Sounds like we have a comedian on our hands here folks!
    No i have nothing to do with either station however i know good radio when i hear it and them two stations are well up there with the best of them.
    I never said a web cam in studio was innovative i said no other pirate has done it moron! Nobody said it was an original idea either!
    Tbh your opinion means nothing to me its your opinion and your entitled to it but at the end of the Day so am I and in my opinion those two stations are up there with the best of them so say what you will.

Sounds like we have a comedian on our hands here folks!
    No i have nothing to do with either station however i know good radio when i hear it and them two stations are well up there with the best of them.
    I never said a web cam in studio was innovative i said no other pirate has done it moron! Nobody said it was an original idea either!
    Tbh your opinion means nothing to me its your opinion and your entitled to it but at the end of the Day so am I and in my opinion those two stations are up there with the best of them so say what you will.

When someone’s arguments take the form of personal attacks and name-calling it’s a pretty clear admission that they don’t have anything valid or worthwhile to say. You used the following word 'moron'in your reply to me.

By devolving into name-calling you’ve revealed the bankruptcy of your position. Thanks for making my point for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Don't agree with you at all. Define doing so well? Doubt they'd be making a ton of cash. Might be loud, might be giving impression that they are up there but seriously...? They use their presence to promote their own nights out. Define well run? Not that well run, off air frequently etc. Phever not on air. They have said nothing...How is KB jealous? He has a license so think the Kiss and Phevers etc of this world be the jealous ones tbh.

if the pirates are jealous of any licensed station, it certainly won't be nova 100 to be fair.
    now if the original radio nova had got a license back in 1989/90 and was stil on today and hugely successful, then perhapse they might, but even then, it's probably unlikely.
    When someone’s arguments take the form of personal attacks and name-calling it’s a pretty clear admission that they don’t have anything valid or worthwhile to say. You used the following word 'moron'in your reply to me.

By devolving into name-calling you’ve revealed the bankruptcy of your position. Thanks for making my point for me !

except to be fair he hasn't made your point for you, and his position is actually solvent.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Personal attack? 😂😂😂😂😂
    You need to lighten up pal and take your head out of your hole.

If you have any further complaints or queries please send them to

KB
    Radio Nova
    Dublin
    😘

Just to clarify what point were you making exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

As it happens, Kevin Brannigan ran a few pirates from the south-east in his day, the same area as The Vault!
    ??? Lost me on that post....explain please

I was referring to the “south-east” of Dublin, i.e. Stillorgan and associated areas - as per Dipole Keith. I mentioned Kevin Brannigan because FMradiofan brought his name up, in the context of The Vault playing some rock music.

Sequence of related posts:
    The Vault - Same signal pattern as The Beach so I’m guessing it’s the same owners, Blew the car radio out of it around Lepoardstown, Stillorgan area. Didn’t travel well after that.
    Yes, that sounds like the same people who brought you The Beach! Does anybody know who is behind these operations and what their previous radio-related experience is?
    I’m not sure but I preferred The Beach, The Vault had rock stuff you’d hear on Nova when I was listening.
    If thats the case i guess we can expect more bitching and moaning from brannigan from nova soon!

Love songs on 94.3 tonight...? Dublin 4/6/Dundrum area

Love songs on 94.3 tonight...? Dublin 4/6/Dundrum area

Phever normally on that frequency, What’s the story with them? There on & off a lot lately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

RTE Gold being relayed on 94.3 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Phever normally on that frequency, What’s the story with them? There on & off a lot lately

They have been on a lot recently - only off since Tuesday.

Easy and Flash also off.The Vault and 90s Network are also off this morning.

Relay of RTE Gold went off air shortly after 11am.

Energy AM is on this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Infoanon wrote: »

You mean Fresh, not Flash. They are off because of Christmas FM.

I wonder if the 94.3 relay earlier was the same person broadcasting a few months back on same frequency. They used to switch off at noon.

Off since Tuesday, Off for a week in November for a college station 18th-24th, that’s a lot to the normal listener

JDxtra wrote: »
    You mean Fresh, not Flash. They are off because of Christmas FM.

I wonder if the 94.3 relay earlier was the same person broadcasting a few months back on same frequency. They used to switch off at noon.

What's strange is good that Fresh did not switch off last year and only went off a few days after Christmas FM had gone on air.

It's possible that the 94.3 is the same as the oldies station that aired recently but the transmission pattern and audio quality are different

Bandscan of a Friday? Thanks

Bandscan of a Friday? Thanks

Chill,Kiss,Extreme and Energy am on air - all others off at the moment.

Dance music has appeared on 94.3 in the last while - reduced power

• Advertisement

Easy Radio are now back on 88.8 FM in Dublin - no RDS ?

Any bandscanners out there today? D
    Didn't get phever today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

Really wish Retro Dance would get back on FM, it's a pain in the hole hooking it up on my phone when driving and it seems to fall off a bit.

Best dance station out there by a mile. Why the **** can't the powers that be just grant them all a licence, we don't all want to hear Ed Sheeran 4 times an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Really wish Retro Dance would get back on FM, it's a pain in the hole hooking it up on my phone when driving and it seems to fall off a bit.

Best dance station out there by a mile. Why the **** can't the powers that be just grant them all a licence, we don't all want to hear Ed Sheeran 4 times an hour.

I know where your coming from, Retro, Trax excellent and i'm loving Kiss 1025.

I really don't understand the BAI, they encouraged the pirates back in 99 to apply for a Youth licence (perhaps mistaken for a dance license), we got Spin, it sounds the same as every other dublin station, but with more of a trying to be cool cringe to it now.

The legals don't really fill the gap, Al Gibbs is good on 104, but not at a time i can listen properly, would you like some proper dance music with dinner honey? Salt?

2FM 626 is sorely missed too, but RTE is a different **** show now so no point even....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I really don't understand the BAI, they encouraged the pirates back in 99 to apply for a Youth licence (perhaps mistaken for a dance license), we got Spin, it sounds the same as every other dublin station, but with more of a trying to be cool cringe to it now.

The legals don't really fill the gap, Al Gibbs is good on 104, but not at a time i can listen properly, would you like some proper dance music with dinner honey? Salt?

2FM 626 is sorely missed too, but RTE is a different **** show now so no point even....

I know you are referring to RetroNow. It's confusing to refer to it as Retro as that is the name of a weekend only oldies pirate - very different station!

Easy now has RDS - slightly altered Display, PI code changed and a new strapline - Dublins relaxing music mix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

Kiss 102.5 is grand, but RetroNow, gahd :pac: They just always get the playlists right- I do be driving the car having flashbacks to either the head being blown off me in a sweat dripping from the roof room in the Tivoli, Vaults etc in the mid 2000's, or a gang of us muntered on a couch freezing at 5am in a gaff as a compilation CD plays :D

Mainstream radio, Gibbs is great, I was listening to Dec Pierce for ages on Today FM but it seemed he was playing near on the same tunes every weekend, didn't really give the new girl a look, first show wasn't great and I remembered Jenny Green was on the other side, it's usually solid.

What was 2FM 626?

Irish mainstream radio should take a leaf out of BBC Radio 1, they manage to fill in everyone's tastes in their schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Kiss 102.5 is grand, but RetroNow, gahd :pac: They just always get the playlists right- I do be driving the car having flashbacks to either the head being blown off me in a sweat dripping from the roof room in the Tivoli, Vaults etc in the mid 2000's, or a gang of us muntered on a couch freezing at 5am in a gaff as a compilation CD plays :D

Mainstream radio, Gibbs is great, I was listening to Dec Pierce for ages on Today FM but it seemed he was playing near on the same tunes every weekend, didn't really give the new girl a look, first show wasn't great and I remembered Jenny Green was on the other side, it's usually solid.

What was 2FM 626?

Irish mainstream radio should take a leaf out of BBC Radio 1, they manage to fill in everyone's tastes in their schedules.

6 2 6 was the name for the dance programming on 2fm at the weekends during the 2000s and possibly beyond.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

6 2 6 was the name for the dance programming on 2fm at the weekends during the 2000s and possibly beyond.

Oddly, they do play Corsten's Countdown by Ferry Corsten very late, on a Saturday or Sunday night I think. At like 12 or 1am. 2FM is listed on his website as a syndicated station, but I've never heard 2FM promoting it in any way.

Used to love John Power on a Friday and Saturday night back in the early 2000s. He was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Easy now has RDS - slightly altered Display, PI code changed and a new strapline - Dublins relaxing music mix

Sunshine use that phrase for their day time shows during the week.

Advertisement