Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »
    Tribute FM now on 88.1 in Dublin.

Suffering some interference from a blank carrier (assume XMAS FM) and BBC R2 which is clear across Dublin along with all the other BBC s due to weather conditions.

There is a Tribute FM thread as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Infoanon wrote: »
    Suffering some interference from a blank carrier (assume XMAS FM) and BBC R2 which is clear across Dublin along with all the other BBC s due to weather conditions.

There is a Tribute FM thread as well.
    Yes, getting some UK DAB stations this evening perfectly.

On FM, Tribute FM is by far the strongest FM pirate out my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Real Dublin pirate

Extreme fm really the same people/individuals that was on now fm on this so called great station, before we get into it their reception is absolutely awful on the south side of Dublin rathmines / Harold’s cross kimmage areas . For me kiss fm is miles ahead of this so called station extreme and the quality and reception on kiss fm is top class great job lads your blowing extreme away. Be great to hear kiss go live with real djs instead of these here boysss shout out to Rayo and mago out in blanch get with it lads do it right or don’t do it at all!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any bandscanners do a trawl today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Extreme fm really the same people/individuals that was on now fm on this so called great station, before we get into it their reception is absolutely awful on the south side of Dublin rathmines / Harold’s cross kimmage areas . For me kiss fm is miles ahead of this so called station extreme and the quality and reception on kiss fm is top class great job lads your blowing extreme away. Be great to hear kiss go live with real djs instead of these here boysss shout out to Rayo and mago out in blanch get with it lads do it right or don’t do it at all!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. I think it's over rated. I was corrected on this thread for saying it sounds like now fm. And the coverage is brutal. 1025kiss all the way for me or the New Free dab for dublin

• Advertisement

Any bandscanners do a trawl today?

On FM...

87.6 Chill
    88.1 Tribute
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 Extreme

Some FM stations are off and others I just can't receive out my way today.

Then on DAB, quite the selection...

Atlantis
    Coast 2 Coast
    Coast Gold
    Dublin's ABC
    Hit Music
    Nineties
    Polish Radio IRL
    Soul City
    Sovereign Gold
    Spektrum
    Storm North East
    Trance Pulse
    Trax Dublin
    Wild Country
    Zenith Rock

On FM...

87.6 Chill
    88.1 Tribute
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 Extreme

Some FM stations are off and others I just can't receive out my way today.
    Above plus
    87.5 Unid 24/7 Dance
    98.4 90s Network
    105.7 The Vault

88.1 Depending on location - Tribute FM or Xmas FM

For completeness :

88.1 Also BBC R2
    91.6 BBC R3 - Easy off temporarily afaik
    92.0 BBC R3 - Retro due back tomorrow Sunday
    94.2 BBC Crymu - Phever off
    99.4 BBC R1 - Fresh FM off and Xmas TX off

All clear with RDS

Btw contrary to the posting above Extreme is crystal clear in Kimmage / Rathmines etc , there is complete loss above a certain height in Dublin SE as per previous postings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    For completeness :

88.1 Also BBC R2
    91.6 BBC R3 - Easy off temporarily afaik
    92.0 BBC R3 - Retro due back tomorrow Sunday
    94.2 BBC Crymu - Phever off
    99.4 BBC R1 - Fresh FM off and Xmas TX off

All clear with RDS

Btw contrary to the posting above Extreme is crystal clear in Kimmage / Rathmines etc , there is complete loss above a certain height in Dublin SE as per previous postings.

Around Ballinteer, Dundrum, Clonskeagh and Goatstown, I was picking up Tribute on 88.1 earlier this evening. When I first went onto it, Easy was displayed on the RDS in my car before changing to Tribute. There was some interference in places and this could possibly be BBC Radio 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

I have to say I really liking extreme ok I would agree with reception is too be worked on.
    I will add kiss 102.5s reception is non Existent in one of the biggest population areas of Dublin Tallaght just to name one place . Kiss is on some months now and doent seem to be moving anywhere fast with the same tracks replayed Constantly.
    Also I dont know what another station Previous is got do with a station that is on air now at this moment in time. I dont much about the djs I haven't heard many on but what I have heard were ok. I would always say give any station a chance Negative Views on stations can sometimes do a U turn on the grounds that Operators work hard to make Serious improvements I would not say it's the easiest thing to Achieve running a station that has djs, studio and everything else that goes with it Compared to the one only coming from a mountain site. Just my views....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Apparently they are only putting out low power atm and which individuals are you referring to exactly?
    Havnt heard any 'shout outs to rayo mago either buddy so dont really know what thats all about.

I have to say I really liking extreme ok I would agree with reception is too be worked on.
    I will add kiss 102.5s reception is non Existent in one of the biggest population areas of Dublin Tallaght just to name one place . Kiss is on some months now and doent seem to be moving anywhere fast with the same tracks replayed Constantly.
    Also I dont know what another station Previous is got do with a station that is on air now at this moment in time. I dont much about the djs I haven't heard many on but what I have heard were ok. I would always say give any station a chance Negative Views on stations can sometimes do a U turn on the grounds that Operators work hard to make Serious improvements I would not say it's the easiest thing to Achieve running a station that has djs, studio and everything else that goes with it Compared to the one only coming from a mountain site. Just my views....

Absolutely agree, its far easier to control and manage a 'playlist' being broadcast from a site which is exactly what kiss is.
    As far as i am concerned a radio station is not just an automated playlist and consists of so much more.
    Yes kiss are good at what they do but they are not a radio station. They are a playlist with ads and liners.
    A radio station consists of a studio, djs, presenters, interaction with listeners etc... Which is a lot harder to get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Real Dublin pirate

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    Apparently they are only putting out low power atm and which individuals are you referring to exactly?
    Havnt heard any 'shout outs to rayo mago either buddy so dont really know what thats all about.
    If they are pushing out only “low” power well then why go live ??? All I’m saying is they need it to be a bit more professional and do things right instead of people saying there great and this and that. For instance nrg, nineties and so on there guys that got it spot on and new how to do it right. I didn’t see those guys coming on with “low” power and half doing it no they did it right from the get go. I hope they pick up and push there “low” power to high power so they can be listenable in areas were I named I couldn’t hear it.as for the djs there shocking seems to be same djs on all the time and seems to be run exactly how now fm was. Same djs same this same that, to top it off do it right if you want to be judged right instead of half doing it and going live on the so called low power and get good djs like the lads on the stations named above did 😘

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smash Dublin

New Stations added on FreeDab Box UK & Dance UK

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

in Dublin ?, not on my radio yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

If they are pushing out only “low” power well then why go live ??? All I’m saying is they need it to be a bit more professional and do things right instead of people saying there great and this and that. For instance nrg, nineties and so on there guys that got it spot on and new how to do it right. I didn’t see those guys coming on with “low” power and half doing it no they did it right from the get go. I hope they pick up and push there “low” power to high power so they can be listenable in areas were I named I couldn’t hear it.as for the djs there shocking seems to be same djs on all the time and seems to be run exactly how now fm was. Same djs same this same that, to top it off do it right if you want to be judged right instead of half doing it and going live on the so called low power and get good djs like the lads on the stations named above did 😘
    NRG and 90s all were great stations I fully agree with you I still remain what I sad and all Operators have different Approaches running low power what ever the case might be or whatever djs they have. I still say well done and I cant wait to see the progression of the station .
    I also listened to now and I think extreme is far ahead I have heard progress with extreme in the last wile I believe it will progress. If one would say extreme and kiss are in a battle for listeners I will say extreme is winning in the progress race kiss is the same as it was when it came on how can one Compare a station with an online presence and djs to one without any of that.

And I'll dare say that kiss will probably not go that road if they do it will be only because that might feel that they are been left behind who know best of luck to all of the stations Mentioned here on this .....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Caught Wild Country earlier on this evening. It's on 103.6FM and it's got a decent signal in and around Newry. Didn't hear any jocks on it though it has some generic hot jock type stings and VO's and a couple of small ads on it. Music wise it was mainly modern hot American country with some upbeat Irish thrown in for good measure.

As far as im aware the main operator of the station is new to all of this and maybe they are putting out low power till they get everything right and that they are happy with everything and everyone involved. No point in coming in on full power when they arnt happy enough with what they are broadcasting and how they portray themselves if they came on full whack and things arnt as professional as they need be it just causes unwanted attention to themselves.
    This is all just words from third parties im not sure for certain just passing it on!
    As for the djs ive heard i think they are doing a great job for the most part and fairplay to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    As far as im aware the main operator of the station is new to all of this and maybe they are putting out low power till they get everything right and that they are happy with everything and everyone involved. No point in coming in on full power when they arnt happy enough with what they are broadcasting and how they portray themselves if they came on full whack and things arnt as professional as they need be it just causes unwanted attention to themselves.

This is all just words from third parties im not sure for certain just passing it on!
    As for the djs ive heard i think they are doing a great job for the most part and fairplay to them!

The signal pattern would suggest low mountain site, It’s good out west Dublin, City centre poor, you might pick it up on a car radio but not on a house radio. I think we need to appreciate the pirate stations while their on the air they could be gone anytime.

Slight brand tweak for 107.1 in Dublin. Station has new imaging and name altered to Xtreme 107.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Here are the stations I could pick up yesterday evening and last night between Dundrum, Stillorgan and Blackrock at different points and between Leopardstown and Ballyogan.

88.1 - Easy Radio - RDS but no information at the time.

92.0 - Retro FM. Hitting Info button gave me "Retro FM Oldies Music Radio"

102,5 - 1025Kiss, Hitting Info button gave me "Oldskool & Anthems"

105.7 - The Vault. No RDS but hitting Info button gave me "Streaming Live thevault1057.com"

Thanks Declan for the info on 105.7. I could never get the The Beach or The Vault out my direction, and I never knew they had streams (they don't seem to be promoted or listed anywhere).

From their web sites, they have streams for each available:

The Vault (https://thevault1057.com) - Stream Link
    The Beach (https://thebeach1057.com) - Stream Link

Here are the stations I could pick up yesterday evening and last night between Dundrum, Stillorgan and Blackrock at different points and between Leopardstown and Ballyogan.

92.0 - Retro FM. Hitting Info button gave me "Retro FM Oldies Music Radio"

102,5 - 1025Kiss, Hitting Info button gave me "Oldskool & Anthems"

105.7 - The Vault. No RDS but hitting Info button gave me "Streaming Live thevault1057.com"
    The Vault does have RDS and decent processing. In Dublin South West RetroNow drowns out the signal.

The only extra stations that I am aware of being on air last night:
    87.5 Unid Dance - clear in the city centre
    87.6 Chill FM - strongest in Dublin South West

No Energy / Connect / Fun etc

As am aside the only stations to have survived the year are Easy/Chill & Retro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Picking up phever or should I say FIABHRAS loud and clear in leixlip on 94.3

By the way, Easy RDS radio text is "Your Relaxing Music Mix".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Thanks Declan for the info on 105.7. I could never get the The Beach or The Vault out my direction, and I never knew they had streams (they don't seem to be promoted or listed anywhere).

From their web sites, they have streams for each available:

The Vault (https://thevault1057.com) - Stream Link
    The Beach (https://thebeach1057.com) - Stream Link

thanks for these, i actually never thought of googling to see if they had web presences.
    still no sign of streams for 102.5 kiss and flash i presume?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any New Yead Bandscanners today? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Picking up phever or should I say FIABHRAS loud and clear in leixlip on 94.3

Is that what you say for phever on alexa? I tried it there and it played 8 radio.

Is that what you say for phever on alexa? I tried it there and it played 8 radio.

No, FIABHRAS is the Irish translation for Fever and that is currently displayed on the RDS on 94.3.

• Advertisement

Still no ID on 87.5. Signal was strong enough around Ballymount but doesn't travel very well.

88.1 currently a very strong blank carrier.

Advertisement