Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Any New Yead Bandscanners today? Thanks!
    This is what I got, there may be others.

87.5 Unidentified
    87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Easy
    92.0 Retro FM
    102.5 Kiss
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Xtreme

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Oops - left out the 90s Network from the bandscans - they have been on air 24/7 on 98.4

' Phever ' 94.3 is very weak in Rathmines and Rathgar - BBC Crymu on 94.2 is stronger and BBC Scotland is wiping Phever in Rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Listening to Phever this evening in the city center and also in Rathfarnham and to say the least and without been disrespectful it was brutal. You would be better switching the station off until you get the signal correct because unfortunately it’s not listenable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I did a bandscan this evening while driving from Drogheda to south Dublin via the M1 and then the M50. This is what I found as I drove.

Between Drogheda and Julianstown, my car picked up Storm NE on 104.2. What was interesting about this was that I could also pick up FM104 on 104.4 and they did not seem to be interfering with each other!

From Julianstown (Co. Meath) on until I reached my destination in Dublin 16, I could pick up 1025 Kiss whenever I tried. This is one powerful signal.

While I was about to leave Julianstown and head towards north Dublin, I picked up a station sporadically on 105.7. As I got nearer to Lusk, the signal got stronger and a presenter identified the station as 1057 The Vault. He was very polished and I thought he sounded vaguely familiar. He gave out a text number for requests. That is the first time I heard any live broadcast on this station.

At Lusk, Retro FM could be picked up on 92.0. This had a reasonably good signal all the way home, whenever I tried.

Just after the Dublin Airport area and heading towards the M50, I picked up Xtreme on 107.1. The signal was quite strong. This is my first time hearing this station.

Around the Liffey valley, after the M50 toll, there was interference on 105.7. I could not hear The Vault properly. At some point along the M50, I think there could have been two stations clashing and the other one briefly got the upper hand around the Clondalkin exit. Maybe that was RetroNow.

Xtreme suddenly was gone after the Firhouse exit, having been very good less than a minute before that!

There was practically nothing from 105.7 at this point until the Dundrum exit, when it began to improve until on the Ballinteer Road, where The Vault had a reasonable signal.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Thanks Declan for the info on 105.7. I could never get the The Beach or The Vault out my direction, and I never knew they had streams (they don't seem to be promoted or listed anywhere).

From their web sites, they have streams for each available:

The Vault (https://thevault1057.com) - Stream Link
    The Beach (https://thebeach1057.com) - Stream Link

I just went online to thevault1057.com and it is loud and clear. That is probably the best way to get it. Incidentally, I also went online to thebeach1057.com and it immediately broadcasted The Vault - same stream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any bandscanners out and about today? Stuck in bed with flu and no radio! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Any bandscanners out and about today? Stuck in bed with flu and no radio! Thanks

In Dublin Kiss fm 102.5 is off air. Easy radio is off as well but there is a carrier on the frequency. There is still a carrier signal on 105.2.

Fresh fm have not returned to 99.5 and Phever remain off as well. Xtreme is the only city wide pirate broadcasting audio on fm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

hibits wrote: »
    In Dublin Kiss fm 102.5 is off air. Easy radio is off as well but there is a carrier on the frequency. There is still a carrier signal on 105.2.

Fresh fm have not returned to 99.5 and Phever remain off as well. Xtreme is the only city wide pirate broadcasting audio on fm today.
    Oh dear, I hope they where not raided, Its the longest 1025kiss have been off.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Pirate FM are on 88.1FM in Dublin this evening, this has been an internet station up to now.

Pirate FM are on 88.1FM in Dublin this evening, this has been an internet station up to now.

So Easy Radio have lost their latest frequency then? Or...maybe Easy is relaying Pirate FM.

• Advertisement

So Easy Radio have lost their latest frequency then? Or...maybe Easy is relaying Pirate FM.

It’s a different signal pattern to Easy so it’s not them

What stations are still on in dublin Today and any live shows on them? Thanks.

I picked up Pirate FM on 88.1 and The Vault on 105.7 around Ballinteer area about an hour or so ago. There was no live shows at that stage. The Vault have had some live shows over the last few days.

Have 1025kiss gone?

Something happened yesterday a number of stations went off. Not sure if they where taken off.

I picked up Pirate FM on 88.1 and The Vault on 105.7 around Ballinteer area about an hour or so ago. There was no live shows at that stage. The Vault have had some live shows over the last few days.

A little bit later, I could pick up Xtreme on 107.1 between Ballinteer and Dundrum, particularly when near Dundrum. Pirate FM on 88.1 fades in and out around the general area.

A little bit later, I could pick up Xtreme on 107.1 between Ballinteer and Dundrum, particularly when near Dundrum. Pirate FM on 88.1 fades in and out around the general area.

I meant to say in the second post above that I heard a live broadcast on The Vault later this afternoon. The presenter sounded polished and vaguely English. I'm fairly sure it was not the same presenter that I heard a few evenings back. Does anybody know who is involved with The Vault 1057?

I meant to say in the second post above that I heard a live broadcast on The Vault later this afternoon. The presenter sounded polished and vaguely English. I'm fairly sure it was not the same presenter that I heard a few evenings back. Does anybody know who is involved with The Vault 1057?

Didn't hear it myself. Sorry. Theyve some ood music on there when I listened last week a bit.

Kiss 1025 off I wonder are they going on the freedab thing? Off a long time now

Why off fm for Freedab?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Why off fm for Freedab?

That's one of the conditions FreeDAB set for a station joining them - they must abandon FM.

That's one of the conditions FreeDAB set for a station joining them - they must abandon FM.

That's interesting. Thought FM gets a bigger audience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the condition is so that the dab network doesn't end up being a duplication of fm i would imagine. seems fair enough to me tbh.
    i would imagine that the condition only exists where an fm station plans to join the mux in their area. if only joining muxes outside their broadcast area they can stay on fm in the area they are not on the freedab platform.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the condition is so that the dab network doesn't end up being a duplication of fm i would imagine. seems fair enough to me tbh.
    i would imagine that the condition only exists where an fm station plans to join the mux in their area. if only joining muxes outside their broadcast area they can stay on fm in the area they are not on the freedab platform.

Expensive to join I imagine?

Expensive to join I imagine?

apparently not.
    costs will vary of course depending on bitrrate and the amount of muxes a station wishes to join.

Yippee, It’s another frequency hop for Easy Radio, I’m picking them up on 99.5 FM this evening

Hope they come back on. There very quiet on social media. There not active at all

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

Seems to be suffering from the same audio problems NowFm had with two streams interfering with each other. Possibly a link to a new station from NowFm!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Xtremes Signal has made a massive Improvement tonight picking them up stronger in places they were quite bad.Seems to be a big change in the station in the last days with the image change looks to me some big changes are been carried out well done .

Really enjoying the station at the moment seems to be great afford being put in by there team.

Sorry to see kiss not on enjoyed flicking back and forward from kiss to xtreme I hope kiss returns.

So the E dropped for X

Xtreme 107 Dublin on the RDS
    New imaging is much better
    Was there a power increase? It stops on a scan at Lucan but not Blanch on the M50

Other news TheBeach is back on 105.7 FM replacing TheVault

xtreme increased power last night.

• Advertisement

xtreme increased power last night.

That’s why I asked the question today, I did a scan on the M50 earlier and Xtreme stopped in Lucan but wouldn’t stop in Blanchardstown

Advertisement