Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Only change today is Extreme 107.1 fm off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Energy 1395 am sounding good in clontsrf but not as strong as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

On 99.5, where Fresh FM has been back on lately, there is an RDS of 2020 being displayed this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

On 99.5, where Fresh FM has been back on lately, there is an RDS of 2020 being displayed this evening!

Perhaps they've got some vision.

So sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Bandscan for Dublin for pirate radio activity from Kilinarden hill

87.5 Unid dance station
    87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    98.4 90s Network
    99.5 Blank Carrier
    102.5 Kiss off the air
    103.0 Energy
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 Easy
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Xtreme

1395 KHZ AM Energy AM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

87.5 Unid dance station
    87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    98.4 90s Network
    99.5 Blank Carrier
    102.5 Kiss off the air
    103.0 Energy
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 Easy
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Xtreme

1395 KHZ AM Energy AM
    1025kiss was on this morning but coverage was bad. I would say there mast was damaged with the high winds

castle2012 wrote: »
    1025kiss was on this morning but coverage was bad. I would say there mast was damaged with the high winds

Clontarf this afternoon . Same list as bandscan above with two additions

105.7 The Beach - strong
    107.7 Carrier weak and disappeared by earl afternoon

87.5 Unid dance station
    87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    98.4 90s Network
    99.5 Blank Carrier
    102.5 Kiss off the air
    103.0 Energy
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 Easy
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Xtreme

1395 KHZ AM Energy AM

That was Fresh FM on 99.5 which was on again this evening.

Around Dundrum /Ballinteer, 105.7 has The Beach. On the M50, which I was on not too long ago, it's a mess on 105.7, presumably because of the two stations.

Incidentally, i could not pick up the stations on 87.5, 87.6 and 98.4 anywhere on the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

in relation to 87.5, what type of dance music is it playing? is it commercial dance or more non-commercial dance?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

in relation to 87.5, what type of dance music is it playing? is it commercial dance or more non-commercial dance?

And where can it be picked up? I have never heard it.

The first pirate to play dance music exclusively was Sunset FM in September 1991. We are now in January 2020 and there are still dance pirates around Dublin more than 28 years later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's hard dance and trance. Very crudely put together to be honest for example playing individual tracks from mixed albums, big gaps between tracks, no imaging, no processing and no RDS.

And where can it be picked up? I have never heard it.
    Don't worry, you're not missing out! Signal doesn't travel too well.

I can get it strong in Ballymount, then around south inner city.

Out of all the pirates on at the moment Easy have the best audio

castle2012 wrote: »
    That's disappointing might be off for a while. Not back long after their last outage.

Out of all the pirates on at the moment Easy have the best audio

I picked up Easy this evening in Julianstown, Co. Meath, in north Dublin on the M1 and on the M50, and I can nearly always pick them up around Dundrum, Ballinteer and Nutgrove. They certainly have a wide coverage area at the moment.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Is it known in pirate circles who is behind fresh?

It is playing skipping audio and going on and off today sounding ridiculous. Station was off for December which was loads of time to sort things out. Its no secret who is behind Fresh.

hibits wrote: »
    It is playing skipping audio and going on and off today sounding ridiculous. Station was off for December which was loads of time to sort things out. Its no secret who is behind Fresh.

It seems to be one here though!

I did another scan this afternoon. This is what I picked up at different stages.

FM:
    88.1 - Pirate FM
    92.0 - Retro FM - Paul Wilson was a presenter on Retro FM this afternoon.
    99.3 - Relay of Energy Power AM
    99.5 - Fresh FM
    105.2 - Easy Radio - It was belting away the mid-tempo tunes, while its owner was presenting on Retro FM!
    105.7 - The Beach
    107.1 - Xtreme FM

AM (Medium Wave)
    1395 kh - Energy Power AM - There was a live broadcast seeking requests from listeners. I think it was Brian Kelly I heard.

That's disappointing might be off for a while. Not back long after their last outage.

Yea they have a post on social media, hopefully they won't be off to long

Still no sign of 1025Kiss or Phever in Dublin, Phever still online but FM off awhile now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

Who is behind fresh?

• Advertisement

Still no sign of 1025Kiss or Phever in Dublin, Phever still online but FM off awhile now.

Yea kiss was knocked out with the high winds on Saturday. It may be a while before there back

Bandscan anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Was talking to a lad that DJs on Phever and apparently they were raided at some stage so had to shut down on the radio.

I'm assuming just their site was raided and not the studio itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Not exactly sure, was on a night out and short conversation so don't remember all the details :pac: but they were raided and the radio bit shut down. Presume broadcasting equipment would be confiscated?. Pity, was some nice tunes on it.

Studio not impacted in this case. It's the transmission sites that are normally targeted. For Phever to return once again would be extremely risky. They are still active through online streaming.

I'd say if they were to come back they would have to change the name as they have dodged too many bullets and have had a good run! Better safe than sorry if comreg were to get their studio it would be a massive blow to them as everything in it is worth a small fortune and has taken them an awful lot of time to acquire and set it up to a T

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Phever , though not my type of music,definitely deliver something unique to the listener, unfortunately they have had to leave the airwaves in both current and previous forms while arguably offering the most diverse programming compared to legals.

Don't know if a section 71 licence and a DAB run is an option ?

Completely agree with you there it was a unique brand and they did well to last that long. Its a shame really but it means there is a gap now that needs to be filled as they have lots of loyal followers.

• Advertisement

Bandscan anyone?
    FM...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh 99
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Xtreme

Unknown status for 87.5, 98.4, 99.3, 105.7 as can't receive indoors.

DAB...

Atlantis
    CFM Canaries
    Coast 2 Coast
    Dublin's ABC
    Golden Oldies
    Hit Music Radio
    Kiss Cork
    Nineties (x2)
    Polish Radio IRL
    Soul City
    Sovereign Gold