Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

JDxtra wrote: »
    FM...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh 99
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Xtreme

Unknown status for 87.5, 98.4, 99.3, 105.7 as can't receive indoors.

DAB...

Atlantis
    CFM Canaries
    Coast 2 Coast
    Dublin's ABC
    Golden Oldies
    Hit Music Radio
    Kiss Cork
    Nineties (x2)
    Polish Radio IRL
    Soul City
    Sovereign Gold
    Spektrum
    Storm North East
    Trance Pulse
    Trax Dublin
    Wild Country
    Zenith Rock

Thanks for the regular scans mate
    Is Fresh still broadcasting the same sort of stuff it was before?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

FM...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh 99
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Xtreme

87.5 was on through much of Wednesday. It and 87.6 are both wiping each other out. Meanwhile RTE1 on 87.8 are wiping them both out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

FM...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh 99
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Xtreme

DAB...

Atlantis
    CFM Canaries
    Coast 2 Coast
    Dublin's ABC
    Golden Oldies
    Hit Music Radio
    Kiss Cork
    Nineties (x2)
    Polish Radio IRL
    Soul City
    Sovereign Gold
    Spektrum
    Storm North East
    Trance Pulse
    Trax Dublin
    Wild Country
    Zenith Rock

does spektrum radio actually broadcast anything?

they have no working stream or website to my knowledge or up to date social media from what i can find.
    i see kiss cork on your list also, has this station given any information about itself do you know?
    cheers.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

they have no working stream or website to my knowledge or up to date social media from what i can find.
    i see kiss cork on your list also, has this station given any information about itself do you know?
    cheers.

Looking at the DAB list very few have a Dublin association, It’s like a League of Nations, A completely random list of automated stations that are mostly available on the internet anyway, I’m sorry but apart from a few radio anoraks who is really interested.

Looking at the DAB list very few have a Dublin association, It’s like a League of Nations, A completely random list of automated stations that are mostly available on the internet anyway, I’m sorry but apart from a few radio anoraks who is really interested.

funnily enough if the pages of the odd one of them where people do comment in relation to dab are anything to go by it's ordinary people rather then anoraks listening. small numbers are listening i would suspect but still, the stations are getting access to a terrestrial radio platform which is a potential new audience. it's also a fixed cost unlike internet radio where a station is charged more the more listener slots they have on their server.

mw, sw and fm are more the anoraks thing then dab anyway i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

FM...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh 99
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Xtreme

DAB...

Atlantis
    CFM Canaries
    Coast 2 Coast
    Dublin's ABC
    Golden Oldies
    Hit Music Radio
    Kiss Cork
    Nineties (x2)
    Polish Radio IRL
    Soul City
    Sovereign Gold
    Spektrum
    Storm North East
    Trance Pulse
    Trax Dublin
    Wild Country
    Zenith Rock

Dublin's ABC was a pirate in the late 1990s and early 2000s. It is had an online presence for a number of years now. It's interesting to see it connected to Freedab. Storm North East operates as a pirate around the north-east, i.e. Co. Louth, which can be picked up in nearby parts of Meath and possibly north Dublin and, apparently, up in the Dublin Mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Thanks for the regular scans mate
    Is Fresh still broadcasting the same sort of stuff it was before?
    No problem. The last few days it seems to be broadcasting early 90s break beat style music. I didn't recognise the tracks to be honest.

cheers.
    Spektrum is on DAB, yes. I think they are making system changes which may explain why the public stream is not available at the moment. Not sure about Kiss Cork. Wasn't this a long running pirate on FM (87.8) until a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Infoanon wrote: »
    Phever , though not my type of music,definitely deliver something unique to the listener, unfortunately they have had to leave the airwaves in both current and previous forms while arguably offering the most diverse programming compared to legals.

Don't know if a section 71 licence and a DAB run is an option ?

They really have some set up. I wonder would Free dab be the best option for them now

Spektrum is on DAB, yes. I think they are making system changes which may explain why the public stream is not available at the moment.

Thanks. found their facebook as well and they do update it.
    Not sure about Kiss Cork. Wasn't this a long running pirate on FM (87.8) until a few years ago?

yes, started in 2004 and lasted on and off until 2013.

• Advertisement

104.7 church TX and 105.4 unid oldies pirate still on in New Ross

UCB Ireland relay also on in Wicklow on 87.6

UCB Ireland relay also on in Wicklow on 87.6

Who is doing the relay?

Who is doing the relay?

No clue, according to a number of posts on another forum it’s been on air for years

No clue, according to a number of posts on another forum it’s been on air for years

UCB pay for relays around the country

UCB pay for relays around the country

Does that mean UCB are indirectly involved in unlicensed activity? I know that during the '90s they were more directly involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any Friday bandscanners about? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Enjoying Pirate FM on 88.1 in Dublin, good signal, good audio.
    A Jack FM type format , not to sure how long it will last given how mainstream it is.

The UNID on 87.5 has been off the last few days allowing clearer reception of Chill on 87.6 (and no interference from 87.8.....).
    THE BEACH continue on 105.7 ,seem to be down on powet or perhaps Retro Now have increased power.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Enjoying Pirate FM on 88.1 in Dublin, good signal, good audio.
    A Jack FM type format , not to sure how long it will last given how mainstream it is.

The UNID on 87.5 has been off the last few days allowing clearer reception of Chill on 87.6 (and no interference from 87.8.....).
    THE BEACH continue on 105.7 ,seem to be down on powet or perhaps Retro Now have increased power.

Fresh 99.5 not on when I checked today. Seemed to have a ton of interference yesterday when I checked wasnt even sure it was them. Ton of static etc.

Still no sign of kiss 102.5 . Gone a good few days now....?

The Beach was good and clear on 105.7 in clontarf today as was Energy 1395 AM Audio sounded very good. Maybe been tweaked but definitely better.

Was out and about earlier and Xtreme sounded good on 107.1.

Any I missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Fresh 99.5 not on when I checked today. Seemed to have a ton of interference yesterday when I checked wasnt even sure it was them. Ton of static etc.

Still no sign of kiss 102.5 . Gone a good few days now....?

The Beach was good and clear on 105.7 in clontarf today as was Energy 1395 AM Audio sounded very good. Maybe been tweaked but definitely better.

Was out and about earlier and Xtreme sounded good on 107.1.

Any I missed?

Yea with the nice calm day today taught 1025kiss would have fixed there mast and be back on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This relay must be on the air with 15 years at this stage.

Black carrier on 107.1 in Dublin, Xtreme I’d say but I’m not getting any RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

It is xtreme they should be back shortly apparently updating equipment, power etc.

Any other happenings on the band fellas?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

Phever and kiss still off blank carrier on 107.1 pirate fm were off that gick still on 99.5 something was on 87.6 last night poor signal no RDS

Sunday out my direction...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    99.5 Fresh 99
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 <strong carrier>

From the back of Dublin Airport today a scan on the car radio

87.5 Unid Dance station (Weak)
    87.6 Chill FM (Weak)
    88.1 Pirate FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh 99
    104.2 Storm NE (Weak)
    105.2 Easy
    105.7 The Beach
    107.1 Blank carrier (Weak)

No sign of 1025Kiss, Phever or Energy 103

Couldn’t get Energy AM

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Does that mean UCB are indirectly involved in unlicensed activity? I know that during the '90s they were more directly involved.

They used to have an impressive scale of a network in the early 00s. They had 105.0 in Killarney and 106.5 in Tralee, also 102.9 from Nowen Hill in West Cork which was very high power along with an outlet on 106.9 in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Additional stations on air:

98.4 90s Network
    99.3 Energy relay

99.5 blank carrier - jamming Flash

88.1 Pirate FM appear to be down on power - 8db and suffering poor reception in some areas

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    This relay must be on the air with 15 years at this stage.

Not on high power I wouldn’t think. That’s fair going though

Advertisement