Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

Any pirates with live programming?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Any pirates with live programming?

Easy, 90s Network, Retro Fm & Energy Am all have live programs but not all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

90s Network on 98.4 displaying rotating RDS saying the 60s are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Anyone know what doing on with xtreme not on today fm or online ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Radioscanner1

Hi all . Firstly I'd like to to thank all in this thread for there constructive criticism and likes regarding Xtreme 107 .

We tried to give it a go but have decided to cease Broadcasting.

Take care all Have a Great new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Hi all . Firstly I'd like to to thank all in this thread for there constructive criticism and likes regarding Xtreme 107 .

We tried to give it a go but have decided to cease Broadcasting.

Take care all Have a Great new year.

Sad news thank you on behalf of myself I was listening 24hrs a day and I have to admit it got very good and the end wasnt big fan at the start but what ever you guys did in the last months it sounded Brill.

Even the Signal was lot better well done to you all and thank you again ..... im very sad .....🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

I heard the running costs were too xtreme!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

So many pirates starting to leave the FM airwaves...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Plenty on dab though?

Oh absolutely... but without full city coverage of any of their muxes and a lack of interest in DAB amongst the people I’m not as optimistic as I’d like to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The following were still around Dublin this weekend by all accounts and I heard a number of them myself:
    FM:
    Chill FM - 87.6
    Pirate FM - 88.1
    Retro FM - 92.0
    The 90s Network - 98.4
    Relay of Energy - 99.3
    Fresh FM - 99.5
    Easy Radio - 105.2
    The Beach - 105.7
    Also Dundalk's Storm NE in some parts - 104.2

AM/MW:
    Energy (Power) AM - 1395 kh

That's still a lot of pirates around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There are a few, yes - however most have part time broadcast hours or limited coverage of Dublin. The exception being Pirate FM.

Three full time FM dance stations have been lost in the space of 6 weeks.

JDxtra wrote: »
    There are a few, yes - however most have part time broadcast hours or limited coverage of Dublin. The exception being Pirate FM.

The oldies-oriented pirates (I include Easy in that, although it is a love songs station and does play the odd more recent song) are now outnumbering the dance-specific pirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Radioscanner1

I heard the running costs were too xtreme!!
    You heared wrong take care .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I don't think 1025kiss is lost, just storm damage. I'm sure they will be back.
    Unfortunately Phever had to go as they where warned many times with ComReg.
    With regards xtreme, pity but that's life. they had a tough start as people where not sure what there market was. In the last while they sorted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Can't see 1025 Kiss fm returning soon if ever. If they were bothered they would have fixed it by now or got an internet stream going as stop gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭turbocab

pirate fm has no coverage in most of south east Dublin ie 1km south of firhouse exit on m50 ,

turbocab wrote: »
    pirate fm has no coverage in most of south east Dublin ie 1km south of firhouse exit on m50 ,

It can be picked up well in Nutgrove, Dundrum, Kilmacud, Stillorgan and sporadically around Ballinteer. It comes and goes along the Ballinteer Road close to the M50.

It can be picked up well in Nutgrove, Dundrum, Kilmacud, Stillorgan and sporadically around Ballinteer. It comes and goes along the Ballinteer Road close to the M50.

Been picked up no problem here in North Drogheda

castle2012 wrote: »
    Been picked up no problem here in North Drogheda

Actually, I have noticed recently that Pirate FM was reaching well into north Dublin and beyond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How many 24/7 pirates do we have in Dublin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

So far as I know at this time there are two pirates on 24/7 they are Pirate FM on 88.1 and that other load of rubbish on 99.5 with horrible audio and signal, sounds like something from Transylvania from Dracula’s castle awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Serious muck on 99.5 Fresh. Nothing fresh sounding there by any means. It is a joke if they think anybody is listening to that. Obviously not a clue as to what they're doing. How is it still on? Get it together lads, you're getting a seriously bad name for yourselves...

Serious muck on 99.5 Fresh. Nothing fresh sounding there by any means. It is a joke if they think anybody is listening to that. Obviously not a clue as to what they're doing. How is it still on? Get it together lads, you're getting a seriously bad name for yourselves...

How they haven't had a visit yet I'll never know

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

castle2012 wrote: »
    How they haven't had a visit yet I'll never know

They will for sure if they keep that ****e on air. It's toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Pirate FM was carrying well into Navan on the car radio today while Sunday I had it almost as far as Drogheda on the M 1 before BBC and some hilly terrain began to hurt it. Admittedly 88.1FM is a gem of a frequency and it is helped by RTE 1's tight low modulated signal and it's own well engineered signal and output but even that aside it's an impressive feat to have such coverage.

Sad day when there are only two FM pirates left on Dublin’s airwaves, if you could even call Fresh a station

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Sad day when there are only two FM pirates left on Dublin’s airwaves, if you could even call Fresh a station

There’s a few on this evening - Easy on 105.2, The Beach & RetroNow on 105.7, Blank carrier on 107.1

I flipped over to DAB in Dublin. Not a bad selection there. They probably just need to fine tune the coverage. Its still a bit glitchy in parts of North Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Pirate FM was carrying well into Navan on the car radio today while Sunday I had it almost as far as Drogheda on the M 1 before BBC and some hilly terrain began to hurt it. Admittedly 88.1FM is a gem of a frequency and it is helped by RTE 1's tight low modulated signal and it's own well engineered signal and output but even that aside it's an impressive feat to have such coverage.

The signal is very good but there are major black spots - Dublin South East and as mentioned by another poster , the M50 past exit 14.
    The signal eg Rathfarnham is below that required for RDS but improves quickly as you go south West.

As for RTE tight low modulated signal - interference of that nature tends only to be an issue on cheaper radios.

Advertisement