Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

There’s a few on this evening - Easy on 105.2, The Beach & RetroNow on 105.7, Blank carrier on 107.1

Interesting, and not long since Extreme vacated it either. Wonder is this the same carrier that was on 99.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Interesting, and not long since Extreme vacated it either. Wonder is this the same carrier that was on 99.5?

Extreme carrier afaik

Dance music on 94.3 tonight - possibly the Unid that was on 87.5

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

castle2012 wrote: »
    I flipped over to DAB in Dublin. Not a bad selection there. They probably just need to fine tune the coverage. Its still a bit glitchy in parts of North Dublin

Freedab is really hit and miss around Dublin. Very inconsistent. Depending on where you go it often just disappears. Any thoughts anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Infoanon wrote: »
    Extreme carrier afaik

Heard 94.3 with dance music on this morning would that be .......Phever making a comeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Extreme carrier afaik

same tx appear have been on 105,2fm earlier that evening just before easy tx arriving on air not the brightest of things to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

I don't say this lightly and I'm all for encouraging radio etc. Check out the latest RDS on Fresh 99.5. A completely ridiculous story as it can only be described. You'll need half a day to (A). fully read it (B). decipher the appalling spelling and grammar and (C). understand what they are actually trying to say. Needless to say if they xant even get any of that correct it speaks volumes about their ability to get anything right. Comreg do us all a favour etc etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

I don't say this lightly and I'm all for encouraging radio etc. Check out the latest RDS on Fresh 99.5. A completely ridiculous story as it can only be described. You'll need half a day to (A). fully read it (B). decipher the appalling spelling and grammar and (C). understand what they are actually trying to say. Needless to say if they xant even get any of that correct it speaks volumes about their ability to get anything right. Comreg do us all a favour etc etc.....

What does it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Fresh FM

Their current RDS message is that there is a pending power increase that will boost their signal into louth and meath - that the signal will be (wait for it !) 100 times stronger.

Not the cleverest message to be scrolling imho

Contrary to other postings , their signal at the moment is not muck - it's one of the best and most consistent, their audio is not muck but is the worst sounding of all the pirates .

After x years there is still no programming and personally I think its a waste of a frequency - it'poses no threat to legals which is perhaps why it remains on air (though better filters are needed going by the overspill on 99.3......)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Dance music on 107.1 now, RDS says "Testing"

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Dance music on 107.1 now, RDS says "Testing"

Anyone have any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Anyone have any ideas[/quote

Xtreme came up first thing when I tuned in so the PI code is the same, plus it’s the same signal, play out system a bit ruff, but it’s on test so we’ll have to give them a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Anyone have any ideas[/quote

Xtreme came up first thing when I tuned in, same signal, play out system a bit ruff, but it’s on test so we’ll have to give them a chance
    Really how can you know same signal I cant get it out my way as good as extreme was but clear in dublin city
    Also how can you know its same play system just Curious

Really how can you know same signal I cant get it out my way as good as extreme was but clear in dublin city
    Also how can you know its same play system just Curious

It’s the same signal to my house as Xtreme was 18db weak, I never said it was the same play system, I said the play out system was ruff (Overlap of songs)

Fresh’s signal was never the worst when I used to live in North Dublin
    A Facebook search would suggest some of the Heat FM crew might be connected

They’ve a little height which helps, good view of the city centre & the northside. It’s not the signal that people complain about it’s the audio levels & processing (If any).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

a couple of former heat djs did a show or 2 on fresh but that's the only link.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

I don't think there has ever been a show on Fresh. They can cover parts of Dublin that some other stations cannot. However it is just a plaything for a broadcast fanatic and I agree that it is a waste of a frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Fresh FM

Their current RDS message is that there is a pending power increase that will boost their signal into louth and meath - that the signal will be (wait for it !) 100 times stronger.

Not the cleverest message to be scrolling imho

Contrary to other postings , their signal at the moment is not muck - it's one of the best and most consistent, their audio is not muck but is the worst sounding of all the pirates .

After x years there is still no programming and personally I think its a waste of a frequency - it'poses no threat to legals which is perhaps why it remains on air (though better filters are needed going by the overspill on 99.3......)

Yea seen this silly RDS yesterday while in Dublin. Honestly a 4 year old could do better. I reckon it's someone having a laugh. There's no way these guys know what there doing

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

The people that ran 'heat fm' hadn't a clue about broadcasting or running a radio station. If fresh want to continue broadcasting their ****e let them! Someone just turn on a tx and blow them off the band! waste of time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

99.5 has been Space fm, then Base fm, then Heat fm, then Space fm again, and is currently Fresh fm. It was also relaying dance one radio for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

hibits wrote: »
    99.5 has been Space fm, then Base fm, then Heat fm, then Space fm again, and is currently Fresh fm. It was also relaying dance one radio for a while.

What a waste of electricity

hibits wrote: »

Fairly confident Fresh and Space are from the same stable, DanceOne Radio was definitely Fresh FM on relay duty

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The people that ran 'heat fm' hadn't a clue about broadcasting or running a radio station. If fresh want to continue broadcasting their ****e let them! Someone just turn on a tx and blow them off the band! waste of time!!

i can't comment on the quality or not of the fm side of things as i never heard them on fm but only online, being out of the area.
    i found heat fm/base fm to be a decent enough station tbh, some decent trance and old school shows on there. sure the hum drum "deep" house that was the rage around 2012 to 2015 got a little bit to much airtime but at least it offered something decent.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

i can't comment on the quality or not of the fm side of things as i never heard them on fm but only online, being out of the area.
    i found heat fm/base fm to be a decent enough station tbh, some decent trance and old school shows on there. sure the hum drum "deep" house that was the rage around 2012 to 2015 got a little bit to much airtime but at least it offered something decent.

Sorry i ment base fm the heat wasn't bad

Agreed

Surprised we still have no Irish online FM tuners, none that I can find anyway
    Be nice to have one for Dublin

There wasn’t much wrong with their FM either, sound quality was fairly good and signal was reasonable. They had a fair few issues with their RDS alright

What’s the story with 94.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What’s the story with 94.3?
    No story. :)

I can't get anything on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Pirate FM sounding well on 88.1. Nice alternative to have.

Advertisement