Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

So what are anybody's views on level of professionalism of FM pirates. As in music, imaging, sound etc. We are all aware of the various levels of signals strength etc so leaving signal issues aside etc....
    Be interesting to assess people's views.

Dab is a different discussion I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

hibits wrote: »
    Kiss fm were off air at the start of January too remember. Seems like the dream was failing and then the wind then killed it off.

There back really soon. They had a huge amount of damage after the high winds. I believe it takes time to ship equipment in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

castle2012 wrote: »

Strange one - the station in question is Kiss 106 and 101.2 which was a very professional station with a good signal in North leinster and mid Ulster. An output power of 32kw is mentioned. The Edentubber site was the old Boyne side site. Kiss was not audible in Belfast.

The article seems to allege that a station called Wild was on air at the time of the raid. What's unusual is if a station in Ireland is causing interferance a phone call is made and the TX is switched off. In Northern Ireland the approach has been to raid and then allege interference.

Comreg raid when warnings (especially interference )are ignored

Infoanon wrote: »
    Strange one - the station in question is Kiss 106 and 101.2 which was a very professional station with a good signal in North leinster and mid Ulster. An output power of 32kw is mentioned. The Edentubber site was the old Boyne side site. Kiss was not audible in Belfast.

The article seems to allege that a station called Wild was on air at the time of the raid. What's unusual is if a station in Ireland is causing interferance a phone call is made and the TX is switched off. In Northern Ireland the approach has been to raid and then allege interference.

Comreg raid when warnings (especially interference )are ignored

Yes they where very professional, both stations are connected. At the start kiss played country music but later the guys split the two. Kiss playing more modern music and wild playing country.
    Very professional outfit, kiss had there own studio on a main street in Dundalk back in the day.
    There is some utube videos on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Don't let this run away lads - it's factually incorrect !

Kiss Dance (7pm to 7am) became Storm 106 in 2002

Kiss continued on and off until 2008 - then split into Frog FM and Lite FM after numerous comreg raids

Frog then morphed into Wild - Kiss came back briefly in 2014

Kiss and Wild were never on at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Franko87

Still wish FreeDAB would sort out the muxes they have, instead of always setting up new ones. What’s the point of any of it if hardly anyone can pick it up
    They claim to be broadcasting to all these places, reality is they’re not. I’m sorry

Have you tried to us a DAB radio .just asking the obvious. It just seems you are the only person who seems to have massive issues with the FreeDAB network. However I will comment with this (first hand experience ) all appart form one multiplex is high powered (300watt rms is the minimum) Waterford is a minimux 100watts rms all multiplexes are performing perfectly. (Dublin is on reduced power due to damage on the amplfier (which is being rectified ) .I would do my research first rather than just come out all with tunnel vision claiming you have all the facts .our Facebook page is regularly updates on new multiplexes signal and services that comes from listeners rather than freedab itself. All the above is food for taught. ðŸ˜

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Don't let this run away lads - it's factually incorrect !

Kiss Dance (7pm to 7am) became Storm 106 in 2002

Kiss continued on and off until 2008 - then split into Frog FM and Lite FM after numerous comreg raids

Frog then morphed into Wild - Kiss came back briefly in 2014

Kiss and Wild were never on at the same time

Interesting. Never heard of Frog FM. But I'm sure your right, would I be right in saying kiss played country music for a period. I do remember listening to Country during the day and dance at night

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

They had a some country with "Big O" on Sunday mornings and a limited amount on his weekday shows - but generally it was CHR - anyway this thread going off topic.
    Anyone know where the carrier on 99.5 is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I have noticed that the BAI have not updated their list of upcoming temporary licence stations for some time (since October/November?). Maybe there are no new additions? Maybe they forgot? Or could it be deliberate? It was useful to see what was coming.

kazoo106 wrote: »
    They had a some country with "Big O" on Sunday mornings and a limited amount on his weekday shows - but generally it was CHR - anyway this thread going off topic.
    Anyone know where the carrier on 99.5 is from?

This the one in Dublin with the rds fresh? Signal seems very strong round the Tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Franko87 wrote: »
    Have you tried to us a DAB radio .just asking the obvious. It just seems you are the only person who seems to have massive issues with the FreeDAB network. However I will comment with this (first hand experience ) all appart form one multiplex is high powered (300watt rms is the minimum) Waterford is a minimux 100watts rms all multiplexes are performing perfectly. (Dublin is on reduced power due to damage on the amplfier (which is being rectified ) .I would do my research first rather than just come out all with tunnel vision claiming you have all the facts .our Facebook page is regularly updates on new multiplexes signal and services that comes from listeners rather than freedab itself. All the above is food for taught. ðŸ˜

I apologise if my comments seem flippant. All I can say is I struggle to pick up the muxes in Cork, or at least I did a month ago the last time I was there
    If it’s my radio, fantastic! Glad everyone else is enjoying it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Curious things with the Dublin oldies stations tonight. Retro FM was on 92.0 but it was also on 94.3 with an RDS of Testing! Last weekend, All 80s was on that frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Came across a station on 94.3 this evening in Dublin playing easy listening with ‘Testing’ on the RDS, Good signal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Came across a station on 94.3 this evening in Dublin playing easy listening with ‘Testing’ on the RDS, Good signal

Look at the post just above yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lord Nelson

JDxtra wrote: »
    I have noticed that the BAI have not updated their list of upcoming temporary licence stations for some time (since October/November?). Maybe there are no new additions? Maybe they forgot? Or could it be deliberate? It was useful to see what was coming.

It only seems to get updated sporadically these days. Typical of their careless, slipshod approach to most things I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Anybody do bandsxan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Now receiving FreeDAB from Waterford City Centre as far as the outer-ring road Without drop-out
    Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Does anyone know anything about "With the allowing of many new am licences in Ireland as from January 2020" please?
    See here -- https://mediumwave.info/news.html

Looks like now fm on the way back

Looks like now fm on the way back

Oh no, the playlist was all over the place the last time, They didn’t know if they where a dance station or a pop station, Please say it’s not true 😂😂

• Advertisement

Oh no, the playlist was all over the place the last time, They didn’t know if they where a dance station or a pop station, Please say it’s no true 😂😂

There back active on social media, first time in months

There also saying there the new pirate fm

There also saying there the new pirate fm

Just what we need, do you need a locksmith?, you’ve tanned at the rest now tan at the best ffs

Just what we need, do you need a locksmith?, you’ve tanned at the rest now tan at the best ffs

Now Fm stream is putting out pirate fm, they must be behind Pirate FM. To be fair to them Pirate fm (while not my type of music) sounds good and is very consistant. Best of luck to them with there venture

FM bandscan for this evening...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    94.3 Blank carrier (was All 80s earlier)
    99.5 Fresh 99
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Blank carrier

Not able to get a signal for 87.5, 98.4 or 105.7.

DAB scan this evening...

Free-DAB Dublin (5A):

Atlantis (AAC 56kbps stereo)
    CFM Canaries (AAC 40kbps stereo)
    Coast 2 Coast (AAC 64kbps stereo)
    Dublin's ABC (AAC 64kbps stereo)
    GOLDEN Oldies (AAC 32kbps stereo)
    Hit Music (AAC 64kbps stereo)
    NINETIES+ (AAC 128kbps stereo)
    NINETIES- (MP2 64kbps mono)
    Polish Radio IRL (AAC 64kbps stereo)
    Radio Sylvia (AAC 56kbps stereo)
    Soul City (AAC 64kbps stereo)
    Sovereign Gold (AAC 32kbps stereo)
    Spektrum (AAC 64kbps stereo)
    Storm North East (AAC 96kbps stereo)
    Trance Pulse (AAC 64kbps stereo)
    Trax Dublin (AAC 72kbps stereo)
    Wild Country (AAC 64kbps stereo)
    Zenith Rock (AAC 64kbps stereo)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

JDxtra wrote: »
    DAB scan this evening...

Free-DAB Dublin (5A):

:confused: I did an autotune on my Pure One Midi Series 3 DAB radio in Dublin this evening and can't find anything other than the RTE stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Starting the night shift just came across audio on 107.1 rds as club fm dance music being played happy days sick listening to CDs for my dance fix

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Starting the night shift just came across audio on 107.1 rds as club fm dance music being played happy days sick listening to CDs for my dance fix

Nice one, I'll have a listen tomorrow, hopefully there isn't a prisoner request show on Sundays.

• Advertisement

Why are Retro Fm on 3 different frequencies in Dublin today? There covering the same area so what’s the point. All out of sync with each other.
    92.0, 94.3 & 99.3

Advertisement