Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭turbocab

Why are Retro Fm on 3 different frequencies in Dublin today? There covering the same area so what’s the point. All out of sync with each other.
    92.0, 94.3 & 99.3

no different to rte and today fm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Why are Retro Fm on 3 different frequencies in Dublin today? There covering the same area so what’s the point. All out of sync with each other.
    92.0, 94.3 & 99.3

For starters the three transmitters cover different areas - it's like arguing why are Nova on 100.1/.3/.5 and 95.7.

Re the bandscans - 98.4 60s are back and 87.5 Unid on air today

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Infoanon wrote: »
    For starters the three transmitters cover different areas - it's like arguing why are Nova on 100.1/.3/.5 and 95.7.

So that’s the way the forum has gone, you ask a question and get smart answers, A pirate station on 3 frequencies is asking for trouble, for starters 92.0 is Finglas/Glasnevin, So are you telling me that two mountain sites won’t cover that area. Nova are covering Dublin, Meath, Wicklow & Kildare, Three Rock, Bray head, Balbriggan & Saggart.

turbocab wrote: »
    no different to rte and today fm

Two nationwide stations

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

castle2012 wrote: »
    Now Fm stream is putting out pirate fm, they must be behind Pirate FM. To be fair to them Pirate fm (while not my type of music) sounds good and is very consistant. Best of luck to them with there venture

From what ive heard they are the same yes. But pirate fm sounds much more organised i think they will do really well

• Advertisement

Nice one, I'll have a listen tomorrow, hopefully there isn't a prisoner request show on Sundays.

What does a prisoner request show on a sunday mean?

The 60s network now carrying promos about the change - RDS now static with 'The 60s! '

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Bandscanners about today?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

What does a prisoner request show on a sunday mean?

There was a dance pirate in dublin in the 90s called Club FM that had a prisoner request show on a sunday night, the prisoners would write in with their requests.

A band scan for pirate radio activity in the Dublin area from Liffey Valley car park at 11.30am Sunday Feb 2nd 2020

87.5 Blank carrier
    87.5 Unid Dance station
    87.6 Chill FM
    88.0 Church transmitter (Blanch)
    88.1 Pirate FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    94.3 Retro FM
    98.4 90s Network (playing 60s) Weak
    99.3 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh
    105.2 Easy Radio
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Club FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I wonder is it anything to do with the guys that ran club fm in the 90s? They where a really decent pirate at the time

I wonder is it anything to do with the guys that ran club fm in the 90s? They where a really decent pirate at the time

Same jingles as the old club fm so i assume so!

Exactly the same signal as Xtreme FM, low transmitter site, Good out west Dublin but fades quickly on the M50 at the airport. I’d say it’s just a name change

Exactly the same signal as Xtreme FM, low transmitter site, Good out west Dublin but fades quickly on the M50 at the airport. I’d say it’s just a name change

If it is them which i doubt it is, why would they change a name just as they were getting good?? Doesn't make any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Different operation Completely I have been told

Different operation Completely I have been told

Using the same site

Very little coverage in North Dublin. They must have bought the xtreme gear, it's a shame its low power. 107.1 is a great frequency as there's very little over lap from other stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Same jingles as the old club fm so i assume so!

No, they're different liners. The phrase in a lot of the old liners was 'Dublin's Original Dance Mix'.

Very little coverage in North Dublin. They must have bought the xtreme gear, it's a shame its low power. 107.1 is a great frequency as there's very little over lap from other stations.

It’s a great frequency for Dublin, suffers interference from Newstalk on 107.0 & 107.2 on the outskirts of the city, That Newstalk 107.2 is Mount Leinster so it’s a whopper of a signal.

1395 AM I heard sung jingles for 'Metro' ....Energy change its name???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

I had delivers in balbriggan last night could get club fm there could nerver get xtreme fm that side of dublin .
    It's nice to have a dance station with nice audio all I will say is best of luck to them it says on there Facebook that they are only testing so i will look forward to see the station progress

1395 AM I heard sung jingles for 'Metro' ....Energy change its name???

That’s Retro, Retro FM getting replayed on 1395AM today. So that’s 92.0, 94.3, 99.3 FM & 1395AM

That’s Retro, Retro FM getting replayed on 1395AM today. So that’s 92.0, 94.3, 99.3 FM & 1395AM

Thanks. Signal not clear this evening so hence me thinking metro! Picking it up in wexford but bit noisy.

Why are retro taking up 3 fm freqs?? Very very silly carry on. Attention will be drawn to them very soon i would imagine and rightly so!

Why are retro taking up 3 fm freqs?? Very very silly carry on. Attention will be drawn to them very soon i would imagine and rightly so!

Not for the first time (and hopefully not the last) a number of stations are relaying each other - call it for fun - but far more importantly call it what it is - providing a wider audience the opportunity to listen to live programming from one station.

No pirate station in Dublin has anything approaching city wide coverage hence relays improve coverage area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Not for the first time (and hopefully not the last) a number of stations are relaying each other - call it for fun - but far more importantly call it what it is - providing a wider audience the opportunity to listen to live programming from one station.

No pirate station in Dublin has anything approaching city wide coverage hence relays improve coverage area.

I heard Retro FM on 92.0 FM, 94.3 FM and 1395 kh MW this evening in Dundrum. The latter two frequencies were about 10 seconds behind. The reception from the middle frequency (All 80s yesterday) was particularly strong. I did not pick up the relay from 99.3. That tends to relay whatever happens to be on 1395 (usually Energy Power AM). Later tonight, when Retro was off, Energy was back on 1395. Incidentally, tonight I picked up a very strong signal from Club FM on 107.1 around Harold’s Cross and Rathgar.

It Will cause unwanted attention to them selves

I had delivers in balbriggan last night could get club fm there could nerver get xtreme fm that side of dublin .
    It's nice to have a dance station with nice audio all I will say is best of luck to them it says on there Facebook that they are only testing so i will look forward to see the station progress

You must have been up a hill in Balbriggan, Cant be got till after lusk driving to Dublin

You must have been up a hill in Balbriggan, Cant be got till after lusk driving to Dublin

I picked it up in the car at exit 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Club FM is coming in very strong around Goatstown and Dundrum this morning.

Advertisement