Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

105.8 is Newstalk from the midlands I’d say it’s meant to be 105.7 The Beach

105.7 fm had interference on it last night. It was definitely 105.8fm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

castle2012 wrote: »
    105.7 fm had interference on it last night. It was definitely 105.8fm

The Beach is only on at weekends at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Given that the bandscan was in east Meath, maybe it was Newstalk that was coming in on 105.8 from the midlands so.

Both Pirate FM and Club FM are off the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Infoanon wrote: »

I’m hearing the Freedab in Dublin got raided this morning, I’d say the FM pirate stations are off as a precaution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I’m hearing the Freedab in Dublin got raided this morning, I’d say the FM pirate stations are off as a precaution

certainly a great shame if true.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Infoanon wrote: »

Club Fm's stream is off. I hope they where not also taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There is some issue today with LiveRadio.ie on mobile, lots of the stations not working. They are all fine (including Club) when using a computer.

Update: seems to be related to Chrome browser on mobile (Firefox is OK). I've alerted the LiveRadio.ie team.

Club Fm's stream is off. I hope they where not also taken out.

These days TX sites only - too difficult to track studios

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Franko87

Today one of the FreedDAB sites have been hit .this was a heavy handed reckless raid with the removal of our 45 ft tower( legal criminal damage) . Rest assured our second site is standing by and all services will continue soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

So who's on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

So who's on tonight?

91.0 Pulse is on a carrier that's it. I can't get anything else.

Franko87 wrote: »
    Today one of the FreedDAB sites have been hit .this was a heavy handed reckless raid with the removal of our 45 ft tower( legal criminal damage) . Rest assured our second site is standing by and all services will continue soon.

Sorry to hear. Clearly Free-dab is starting to have an impact or the would not have bothered. Hopefully your back up and running soon. Great service for Dublin area.

Fresh 99 was on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Sorry to hear. Clearly Free-dab is starting to have an impact or the would not have bothered. Hopefully your back up and running soon. Great service for Dublin area.

It also means the freedab’s card is marked, So just like FM it’s illegal. Some stations came off FM thinking this platform was safer.

Sure Dusty Rhodes will solve everything on DAB !!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

JDxtra wrote: »
    Fresh 99 was on as well.

That's like opening a tin of quality street and finding a sewing kit.

It also means the freedab’s card is marked, So just like FM it’s illegal. Some stations came off FM thinking this platform was safer.

Keith yes It is illegal and there is no outside way to obtain a licence that's why were illegal not out of choice . Taking out the Dublin multiplex is only opening a can of worms for the pirates to return to fm the very thing that comreg do not want .as for our cards being marked I firmly doubt it this is just one of 6 multiplexes that was taken out if comreg really wanted me gone thay would of executed strategic raid of all sites acasoated with freedab.with that being said this only strengthens our position to a point where were a threat to someone other than comreg. To wich end wont have any means .BAB licenceing is locked out to ony bai members only and comreg wont licence a dab multiplex without the services that wish to be carried have a section 71 licence. To to put it bluntly. I have worked hard to get freedab where it is and I will not submit to a raid to be the reason to run away and hide . What I'm doing has merit and proves the concept that small scale stations can have acess to the platform at an affordable cost while keeping the commercial stations un challenged.and potentially keep fm pirate free.!!

There is no option for permanent dab. Only for rté. Free dab is filling a gap in the market. I would understand if there was an option for these guys to get a licence, but there is not. A real mess we make of everything in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

Where there is a will, there is a way.

• Advertisement

Comreg dont have the resources to carry out multiple raids, simply a lack of manpower, vehicles etc. I'll guarantee they'll come knocking again to Freedabs other sites. They are not going to just let it be. To say it strengthens your hand I completely disagree, sorry. Like everything in this country, we make a balls of it. We are a nation of fools. We never take note or inspiration from other countries as to how they do things. Look at the Scandinavian countries, they get most things right first go. But in Ireland we just cant. It comes down to someone's personal opinion, someone in authority who's decision making is ridiculous and has major impact on an industry, someone being influenced by someone else to prevent progress. Roads, housing, hospitals and healthcare, transport, RTE, Irish Water, BAI, Schools, need I go on. Just an example of everything that is a mess in this country. I don't understand why the BAI etc dont allow people to apply for a license to do what they feel will work as a broadcasting choice . The cream of the crop will survive and work. Its called competition. But no cause vested interests are pulling the strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

@Mr.MooYagi - I posted a very similar post over in the DAB thread. Sometimes the amount of red tape and cronyism involved in Ireland Inc would open one's eyes.
    I can absolutely guarantee you that the reason for what happened yesterday was not soley a breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act.

Over the last year, through my own work, I have witnessed first hand, the stupidity, headstrongism, and downright arrogance of even the highest level of a certain government department. I have absolutely no doubt that similar issues are at play here.

Alas, incumbants and big business rule the roost and devise policy

Whomever in charge here should be actually helping radio and where possible promote the medium. Open up band III for Gods sake to a light licensing scheme and let the market decide what works and what doesnt.

This is the antipole of what is going on in Ireland at the moment, radio listenership is shrinking rapidly and if you don't believe me, ask anyone under 30. I completely disagree with what JNLR say about this.

I feel we may actually have reached the point of no return, helped only by a quango which thinks it is still 1995.

kazoo106 wrote: »
    @Mr.MooYagi - I posted a very similar post over in the DAB thread. Sometimes the amount of red tape and cronyism involved in Ireland Inc would open one's eyes.
    I can absolutely guarantee you that the reason for what happened yesterday was not soley a breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act.

Over the last year, through my own work, I have witnessed first hand, the stupidity, headstrongism, and downright arrogance of even the highest level of a certain government department. I have absolutely no doubt that similar issues are at play here.

Alas, incumbants and big business rule the roost and devise policy

Whomever in charge here should be actually helping radio and where possible promote the medium. Open up band III for Gods sake to a light licensing scheme and let the market decide what works and what doesnt.

This is the antipole of what is going on in Ireland at the moment, radio listenership is shrinking rapidly and if you don't believe me, ask anyone under 30. I completely disagree with what JNLR say about this.

I feel we may actually have reached the point of no return, helped only by a quango which thinks it is still 1995.

My reckoning is that certain established members of the old boys club are getting the ear of BAI and in turn Comreg. They loathe competition, they are afraid of losing market share, they utterly lack any level of creativity and reinvention and resort to stopping anything else in its tracks. Look at Dublin radio. Pretty poor by any standards. All doing the same thing, all sound the same, all punching well below their weight. BAI needs serious overhaul, the act likewise. Outdated, out of touch, far from serving the needs of choice. Lift the news resrtictions, lift irish language restrictions etc etc. Survival of the fittest. Then see just how good the existing operators are. I'll guarantee you, some would fold. But its ireland, land of the eejit, the gombean, the begrudger and things never change.....and on and on we go.

My reckoning is that certain established members of the old boys club are getting the ear of BAI and in turn Comreg. They loathe competition, they are afraid of losing market share, they utterly lack any level of creativity and reinvention and resort to stopping anything else in its tracks. Look at Dublin radio. Pretty poor by any standards. All doing the same thing, all sound the same, all punching well below their weight. BAI needs serious overhaul, the act likewise. Outdated, out of touch, far from serving the needs of choice. Lift the news resrtictions, lift irish language restrictions etc etc. Survival of the fittest. Then see just how good the existing operators are. I'll guarantee you, some would fold. But its ireland, land of the eejit, the gombean, the begrudger and things never change.....and on and on we go.

I totally agree. A total corrupt society we live in and wen someone actually takes it apon them selves to bring something different .its suppressed and buried. Yesterdays tiff is all it was in my eyes .sites can be secured equipment can be built. And the only way this will end is eather a radical change is the licenceing laws or my death. �� comreg are responsible for licenceing the frequencies for all of the spectrum. And that is there primary role !! Delegating DAB to the bai is down right corruption nothing less. Further more . Its convenient that the RTE block 5B with active services . (Some uk )services) and there licence form Comreg expired in may 2019..so let's recap here for a moment ......the freeDAB Dublin multiplex gets hit for well being illegal ...ok .......and rte get away with there campus mux Scot free further more the individual behind said mux. Is pals with another individual who is pushing for a licence . I'm not one for fighting or going off on one ....but I will say this .both the BAI and Comreg know who I am by name and address and yet not one phone call was made to me not one letter nothing. The site owner of the Dublin multiplex who was not cautioned on foot of the warrant now leads me to believe this is total suppression .

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

If you need assistance with identifying the utter incompetance of the powers that be who make the rules for these things, just turn on RTE2 TV before 10am on any given day.
    Since Digital Switchover, there are no platforms which cannot receive RTE Junior.
    Yet it's simulcast on RTE2 - and there is legislation behind why

Likewise with RTE NewsNow - where it is strangled and unable to sell ads or get rid of the ticker/webpage format it has

While no fan of RTE, it serves as another illustration of incompetance at the very highest level among the people who make these decisions and devise legislation.

Perhaps we should demand change, after all it seems the buzzword around at the moment.

Unfortunately though in our little country its not just in this sector where problems exist, I don't know how to fix it, I dont have the solutions, apart from suggesting that a little knowledge on the subject matter is learned from our legislators rather than gombeenism.

kazoo106 wrote: »

This is an excellent point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

A great shame it is that FreeDAB is off air in Dublin, and I about to go over to the DAB thread to ask when the Waterford one would be back on

Pirate FM and Club FM back on now in Dublin. A carrier on 91.0 and also 93.2. Fresh 99 on also.

FreeDab in Sligo is off, just scanned and nothing showing!

• Advertisement

This evening, 104.2fm which was the home of Storm East is playing 80s music with jingles saying Telestar and a blank RDS.

Advertisement