Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Two transmitters on 94.3 FM in Dublin tonight, The strongest has a blank carrier, the other playing dance music, The dance station was winning out around Clondalkin

There is the original All 80s relay which has been on and off at weekends for a while and then there is the UNID Dance station that appeared last week with awful audio.

Retro Now signal has deteriorated over the last while on 102.5.

The 87.5 Unid, Chill remain off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

That's hardly the same station that was on 94.3 over the weekend playing dance music, with a very weak signal around Ballinteer and Nutgrove.

94.3fm All 80s on tonight with djs. High power and sounds very pro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

castle2012 wrote: »
    94.3fm All 80s on tonight with djs. High power and sounds very pro

I heard it last night around Goatstown, Dundrum and near Donnybrook. Very strong sign. I heard one deejay briefly and he sounded quite professional. Have these deejays previous radio experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

But when I got near the Square in Tallaght a dance station was coming in on top of 94.3 All80s, sounded dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

ITV2 wrote: »
    But when I got near the Square in Tallaght a dance station was coming in on top of 94.3 All80s, sounded dreadful.

I flagged two transmitters on 94.3 the other night, One was a strong blank carrier the other a dance station with distorted audio playing heavy hardcore tracks, the signal pattern would suggest the Unid station that was on 87.5 up until recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Whoever is operating this TX on 87.5/94.3, assuming it’s the same operator, needs to be taken off or move freqs
    I’d love to be able to pick up a hard dance station when I’m in Dublin, But interfering with other stations is not on

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

RDS on 99.5fm flashing message says Real, Boost, Keep, Checkin, This, Week.

I flagged two transmitters on 94.3 the other night, One was a strong blank carrier the other a dance station with distorted audio playing heavy hardcore tracks, the signal pattern would suggest the Unid station that was on 87.5 up until recently.

The signal patterns are different, as is the sound quality.

The original Unid was strong in the city centre / Dublin 6/12 etc but weak in eg Tallaght(with Chill off), the Unid on 94.3 is almost the opposite.

The Unid on 87.6 had above audio quality, 94.3 is pure junk.

It's possible that it's the same operator but from a different location and that there is an issue with the up link .

hibits wrote: »

hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dbmicrovolt

The dance station tx on 94.3 seems to be sited in D24; based on signal contour it is probably mid-elevation, home-based rather than mountain site. Signal is strongest arcing along Kingswood/Belgard heights/Kilnamanagh. A 3-point triangulation would be more accurate but not for sharing on a public forum.

• Advertisement

The dance station tx on 94.3 seems to be sited in D24; based on signal contour it is probably mid-elevation, home-based rather than mountain site. Signal is strongest arcing along Kingswood/Belgard heights/Fettercairn. A 3-point triangulation would be more accurate but not for sharing on a public forum.

So, is it the same one that was unidentified on 87.5 up until recently? I remember that, when this dance station first popped up on 94.3, someone here said that it was identified as Dizzy FM...assuming of course that it was in fact the same dance station as now!

Incidentally, I could pick up this dance station, just barely, around the Goatstown area (Dublin 14). You will recall that I was picking up All 80s loud and clear on the same frequency in the same area last night!

VHF Band II is notoriously difficult to DF due to reflections and depolarisation, a road trip maybe called for.....

An AT 40 100 top hits of 85 currently airing on All 80s 94.3

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

hibits wrote: »

Anybody listening into 99.5 FM at this time would thing that their hearing has gone crazy. Just listen into it, it’s like an earthquake taking place in your radio, maybe it’s the chocolate boost bar that he has promised has now attacked the radio today. Absolute rubbish and muck coming out of 99.5 fm an embarrassment.

Encountered a station on 99.5 this afternoon with mono audio and excessive deviation due to unprocessed audio (strongly clipping lower audio frequencies). Strongest signal toward Sandyford/Leopardstown heading.
    Over-deviation may cause overshooting and unlocking on PLLs with undesired RF spurii if the tx is unfiltered/unbuffered, especially problematic in proximity to high power Band II tx on nearby 3 Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Encountered a station on 99.5 this afternoon with mono audio and excessive deviation due to unprocessed audio (strongly clipping lower audio frequencies). Strongest signal toward Sandyford/Leopardstown heading.
    Over-deviation may cause overshooting and unlocking on PLLs with undesired RF spurii if the tx is unfiltered/unbuffered, especially problematic in proximity to high power Band II tx on nearby 3 Rock.

Welcome to boards.ie, We speak English on this forum, Not everyone knows this language you use to basically say there’s a station on 99.5 in mono where the audio to too loud

The assault on your ears was Fresh FM. The TX is not properly filtered imho.

Re 3 Rock - the nearest TXS are 98.1 and 100.3 so there should be no issues

I didn't hear any announcements. The carrier is\was quite clean but the audio baseband was pretty awful, mpx was greater than 9%, severe clipping on low frequencies (bass uncontrolled for those who 'speak English').

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I didn't hear any announcements. The carrier is\was quite clean but the audio baseband was pretty awful, mpx was greater than 9%, severe clipping on low frequencies (bass uncontrolled for those who 'speak English').

Thank you for sharing your findings in recent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Live programming on Chill FM tonight it would appear

• Advertisement

Tuned into the new Club Fm 107.1fm while in Dublin today. I have to say the audio is excellent, coverage needs a little boost.
    Does anyone know if there the same crowd which had Club fm in the 90s?
    It would be great to see them bring back some of the original djs. I reckon it would be some hit.

Impressive imaging on it, slickly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

JDxtra wrote: »
    Impressive imaging on it, slickly done.

So I reckon it's not the original crew then 🀣

That said there is certainly a nod to it in some of the liners, C.L.U.B. etc.

All80s is back on again this evening on 94.3. The signal is very strong around Dundrum, Ballally and Sandyford areas. There was a live broadcast tonight with a very professional sounding presenter. He sounds like someone who has done it before! Any ideas who he might be and anyone else that might be involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

All80s is back on again this evening on 94.3. The signal is very strong around Dundrum, Ballally and Sandyford areas. There was a live broadcast tonight with a very professional sounding presenter. He sounds like someone who has done it before! Any ideas who he might be and anyone else that might be involved?

https://www.all80sjukebox.com/ Same audio on FM and on the stream. I think Dusty Rhodes could possibly be involved. This is probably just someone relaying the stream I'd say.

*Edit* Just checked out they're Facebook page, looks like it is actually them broadcasting on 94.3. Funny, I actually thought All80s was a legal stream as in licensed to webcast only. Maybe someone else here can confirm that?

They've posted on FB this afternoon with 'Standby'

They must have hit some problems. They have disappeared off Facebook again.

castle2012 wrote: »
    They must have hit some problems. They have disappeared off Facebook again.

Later last night, the unidentified dance station appeared again on that frequency and it was a bit stronger in an estate in Sandyford, where I was collecting a member of family. It was very weak near Dundrum and Ballinteer.

Two stations still doing battle on 94.3. Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Windy old day. Any casualties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭KildareP

KFM on 97.6 and iRadio on 104.7 and 105.0 off air.

Digital glitching noises on Classic Hits on 94.6 and East Coast on 99.9.

Assume Saggart is getting a hammering.

Advertisement