Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Apart from Retro 92fm being live and relayed on 94.3,99.3 and 1395 AM as well as 92.0 it's being an uneventful weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Has the unknown dance station moved to 94.1 (from 94.3)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubbles2020

JDxtra wrote: »
    Has the unknown dance station moved to 94.1 (from 94.3)?

Seems to be same station noticed it had moved yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Seems to be same station noticed it had moved yesterday.

Terrible signal and diabolical audio here in Rathfarnham absolute rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

Some muck on 94.1 today
    93.2 sounding good
    91.0 sounding ok
    88.1 sounding great
    Soomething on 87.6 very low today
    107.1 sounding tops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Some muck on 94.1 today
    93.2 sounding good
    91.0 sounding ok
    88.1 sounding great
    Soomething on 87.6 very low today
    107.1 sounding tops

Here's what I picked up during the course of the day around Ballinteer / Dundrum, Stillorgan and Ballinteer.

88.1 - Pirate FM - sounds great once you go away from the M50 end of Ballinteer

93.2 - Pure FM - reception variable

94.3 - All 80s - signal great around Dundrum

105.2 - Easy Radio - good signal

107.1 - Club FM - signal okay

Fresh FM has been off air since Wednesday,

Apart from that on air this morning :

87.6 Chill
    88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse
    93.2 Pure
    94.1 Unid Dance
    98.4 The nineties network
    107.1 Club FM

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

I'd guess the pirates will all get serious increase in listener numbers over next few weeks thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

I'd guess the pirates will all get serious increase in listener numbers over next few weeks thoughts?

Yea probably, hopefully one or two get a virus as well.

Fun Radio was on again today on 92.0 FM (Retro FM's frequency), 94.3 FM (All 80s frequency), 99.3 FM (frequency which always streams Energy Power AM) and on 1395 kh MW (frequency and wavelength for Energy Power AM).

The presenters include the two Energy guys Paul Murray and Brian Kelly as well as other presenters like Emmet Baldwin, Tony King and Ger O'Reilly, all connected to Brian Kelly with charityradio.ie.

Looking at the Fun Facebook account, I noticed that 94.3 and 1395 got more mention than the other frequencies. I also noticed that all the RDS messages were on 94..3 and that it was a stronger signal than the other frequencies. (RDS was 'F U N ".) It makes me think that 94.3, home of All 80s, has more of a connection with Energy than the others (92.0 is the home of Retro FM).

Incidentally, Easy was on 105.2 as normal. I remember when it used to be involved with these joint broadcasts/relays, Pirate FM were on 88.1 as normal too, with their own automated oldies selection.

For the dance enthusiasts among you, I picked up Pure FM on 93.2 and Club FM on 107.1 .

• Advertisement

Fun Radio 94.3 vs 92.0 all depends on your location eg only 92.0 FM can be received in Greystones.

Good to hear live programming on the 'pirates'

Infoanon wrote: »
    Fun Radio 94.3 vs 92.0 all depends on your location eg only 92.0 FM can be received in Greystones.

Good to hear live programming on the 'pirates'

On Sundays, Retro FM on 92.0 often has live programming - usually Derek Jones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Fun Radio was on again today on 92.0 FM (Retro FM's frequency), 94.3 FM (All 80s frequency), 99.3 FM (frequency which always streams Energy Power AM) and on 1395 kh MW (frequency and wavelength for Energy Power AM).

The presenters include the two Energy guys Paul Murray and Brian Kelly as well as other presenters like Emmet Baldwin, Tony King and Ger O'Reilly, all connected to Brian Kelly with charityradio.ie.

Looking at the Fun Facebook account, I noticed that 94.3 and 1395 got more mention than the other frequencies. I also noticed that all the RDS messages were on 94..3 and that it was a stronger signal than the other frequencies. (RDS was 'F U N ".) It makes me think that 94.3, home of All 80s, has more of a connection with Energy than the others (92.0 is the home of Retro FM).

Incidentally, Easy was on 105.2 as normal. I remember when it used to be involved with these joint broadcasts/relays, Pirate FM were on 88.1 as normal too, with their own automated oldies selection.

For the dance enthusiasts among you, I picked up Pure FM on 93.2 and Club FM on 107.1 .

Fun Fm 94.3fm coming in well in easth meath this afternoon

So today Retro FM was being broadcast on all those frequencies. I heard Mike Doyle on air earlier this afternoon. He is the owner of the station. Some texter alluded to last hearing Mike sixteen years ago! That would have been when he was involved with the temporary licensed stations: Premier FM and Choice FM. The RDS for both 92.0 and 94.3 displayed Retro FM. Mike referred to it as Retro Radio. His take was gentle pop tunes from the 1960s. The RDS information on 92.0 mentioned "oldies music" and 94.3 mentioned "pop music"!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Bandscan from the hill of Tara county Meath for pirate radio activity on St Patrick’s Day

88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 No RDS (Pulse) Weak
    93.2 No RDS (Pure) Weak
    97.5 Church transmitter Mass On
    99.4 No RDS (Unid)Irish Country music, Gaps between songs
    102.5 RetroNow
    104.2 Storm
    107.1 No RDS (Club) Weak

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

99.4 might be misty mountain radio from cavan but i can not confirm that for definite.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

99.4 might be misty mountain radio from cavan but i can not confirm that for definite.

I’m not sure what it was, Irish country music but low audio, Really just sounded like someone playing a cd, I’ve come across this before on my travels

More joint broadcasts going on earlier today, between 1:15 and 1:20pmish, and probably now.

There was a relay of a program and podcast from charityradio.ie playing Irish instrumental folk music on 94.3 FM and 1395kh. I think it was recorded as the presenter, whoever he was, mentioned "this evening". The RDS on 94.3 referred to "Shamrock". I mention 1:20 pm because up to that point Retro Radio on 92.0 had its own programmng. I happened to be listening to it and it had just started playing Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold and suddenly switched to the joint broadcast!

More joint broadcasts going on earlier today, between 1:15 and 1:20pmish, and probably now.

There was a relay of a program and podcast from charityradio.ie playing Irish instrumental folk music on 94.3 FM and 1395kh. I think it was recorded as the presenter, whoever he was, mentioned "this evening". The RDS on 94.3 referred to "Shamrock". I mention 1:20 pm because up to that point Retro Radio on 92.0 had its own programmng. I happened to be listening to it and it had just started playing Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold and suddenly switched to the joint broadcast!

The owners of these stations seem to think it’s great craic to keep changing names, music formats etc, I know it’s pirate radio but I just think it’s amateur, This was done before with low power hobby stations not with big power citywide transmitters. I can’t imagine many listeners to this type of radio only a few anoraks. Anyway Keep washing the hands

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dbmicrovolt

Speaking as a retired person, I heartily enjoy and applaud the efforts of the people behind the network on 92FM, 94.3FM, 99.3FM and 1395AM for providing an innovative range of programming catering for sorely missed music genres not served in any meaningful way by the mainstream media. This network provides wide and consistent coverage, not amateurish in this respect.

The programming output in my opinion puts the so-called formatted/playlisted stations to shame in many respects with high quality presentation and high quality entertainment to old geezers like myself.

I can appreciate the considerable efforts of the enthusiasts dedicating time and efforts for producing and broadcasting such diverse programming without (I presume) any funding or advertising. I see it as a great public-spirited entertainment in my self-isolation.

Formatted stations such as Pirate FM, Retro Radio, All80s, Energy, and Easy Radio serve their audiences, as do the dance stations however each to their own tastes.

Just my personal opinion, of course.

• Advertisement

Speaking as a retired person, I heartily enjoy and applaud the efforts of the people behind the network on 92FM, 94.3FM, 99.3FM and 1395AM for providing an innovative range of programming catering for sorely missed music genres not served in any meaningful way by the mainstream media. This network provides wide and consistent coverage, not amateurish in this respect.

The programming output in my opinion puts the so-called formatted/playlisted stations to shame in many respects with high quality presentation and high quality entertainment to old geezers like myself.

I can appreciate the considerable efforts of the enthusiasts dedicating time and efforts for producing and broadcasting such diverse programming without (I presume) any funding or advertising. I see it as a great public-spirited entertainment in my self-isolation.

Formatted stations such as Pirate FM, Retro Radio, All80s, Energy, and Easy Radio serve their audiences, as do the dance stations however each to their own tastes.

Just my personal opinion, of course.

Great post, I’m with you on the stations the problem I have is when you tune into say 94.3 it keeps changing, I loved it as All 80s and have heard a few gems on it. Retro Radio is on 92.0 so why put it out on loads of frequencies. Again just my personal opinion

On this day in 2014 Phathom 105.2 closed

Across Europe Friday 20th at 7.45am Irish time (8.45CET)
    "You will never walk alone" by Gerry and the pacemakers shall be played on the radio.

RTE,BBC and Nova have confirmed that they shall be joining this European broadcast , many others are also expected to participate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Infoanon wrote: »
    Across Europe Friday 20th at 7.45am Irish time (8.45CET)
    "You will never walk alone" by Gerry and the pacemakers shall be played on the radio.

RTE,BBC and Nova have confirmed that they shall be joining this European broadcast , many others are also expected to participate.
    It was played on 2FM, Nova, Classic Hits, Dublin City FM and even Club FM. Possibly others. Well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The 90s Network

The 90s Network live this evening! Boredom has set in.

Not the only ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Can ya not take the dog off for another walk? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Can ya not take the dog off for another walk? :)

The dog's on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The 90s Network

ouch lads, ouch!

• Advertisement

Any bandscanners this morning? Thanks

Advertisement