Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

91.0 Skipping again Skipping again just plug it out your at noting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

This is what I can get today...

88.1 - Pirate FM
    91.0 - Pulse (blank carrier only)
    93.2 - Pure FM
    94.3 - All 80s
    99.5 - Fresh FM
    102.5 - RetroNow
    105.2 - Easy
    107.1 - Club FM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »
    This is what I can get today...

99.5 - Fresh FM

I haven't been able to receive Fresh for at least the last week or two - nothing on 99.5 tonight in Dublin South City or Dublin SE.

To add to the list : 98.4 90S NETWORK

Infoanon wrote: »
    I haven't been able to receive Fresh for at least the last week or two - nothing on 99.5 tonight in Dublin South City or Dublin SE.

To add to the list : 98.4 90S NETWORK

Fresh was there but weak in the last day or two. This morning there is a much stronger carrier on 99.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Fresh was there but weak in the last day or two. This morning there is a much stronger carrier on 99.5.

New station, hopefully ;)

• Advertisement

Correction, that carrier is on 99.4 but is audible on 99.5 also.

Correction, that carrier is on 99.4 but is audible on 99.5 also.

The carrier tunes to 99.40 , the Energy relay can be heard on 99.30

The Vault has returned in 105.7 FM replacing The Beach.

Some great tunes airing - a lot of classic rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Infoanon wrote: »
    The Vault has returned in 105.7 FM replacing The Beach.

Some great tunes airing - a lot of classic rock.

I wonder what Nova think of that, Might be asking for trouble

In Dublin, Easy on 105.2 and All 80s on 94.3 are broadcasting all day. I think Easy used to come on after 6pm only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

has there been any movement with the carrier on 99.4 that was mentioned recently?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

has there been any movement with the carrier on 99.4 that was mentioned recently?
    It went off later that day. I wonder if it was one of the Christmas FM rigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

1494 khz has been very strong during the evenings since the week end on the west Wales coast .
    Relaying Laser Hot hits at the week end and Coast FM Tenerife for the last 2 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    1494 khz has been very strong during the evenings since the week end on the west Wales coast .
    Relaying Laser Hot hits at the week end and Coast FM Tenerife for the last 2 nights.

Is laser hot hits still active on short wave?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Is laser hot hits still active on short wave?
    Not listened recently but info here says 6205 khz
    http://www.laserhothits.co.uk/

Edit : Big signal on 6205 this morning -- west Wales coast .

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Wonder would the powers that be ever think of reaching out to pirate radio to run Covid-19 adverts?

The 90s network is now being relayed on 94.3 FM along with its usual 98.4 FM outlet.

Quick bandscan tonight :
    88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse
    93.2 Pure
    94.3 90s Network
    98.4 90s Network
    102.5 Retronow
    105.2 Easy
    105.7 the Vault
    107.1 Club FM

Fresh,Chill & Unid 94.1 have not been heard this week.

Re 99.4 , it was suggested that this could be a Christmas FM transmitter - this was not the case - the signal was 46db near the South City area.

I assume Energy 1395 AM is also on tonight.

The weekend should see Retro 92fm and Energy 99.3FM relay appear on air.

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Wonder would the powers that be ever think of reaching out to pirate radio to run Covid-19 adverts?

Two TallGlasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Two TallGlasses?

I broke the first TallGlass onto the second one now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Club fm is gone to pot really dont not like the trun they have made I like the classic stuff the played who decide to play the stuff they are playing now its crap music sorry but it needs to be sad why do Operators need to change the play out get listeners then change the whole station bad move club fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Piratesource

Fully agree with your comment. The station has gone downhill in the last few days. Loved the retro style of the station but now they are not doing the Club fm name in Dublin any justice with their soft approach lately. And when I mean soft I mean soft. One out of five tracks seem to be a classic the rest seem to be a new playlist

When I tune into Club it's mostly dance classics (3 out of 4 songs at least). It's the softer side of dance earlier in the day but what harm. It's a good selection and a welcome alternative.

Not sure why the complaints. If someone wants a station with wall to wall music that they like, Spotify is a good option.

they have put a couple of new to newish tracks and some 2010s stuff on their playlist alright but most tracks to my listening are 90s tracks with some 2000s tracks, with the 2010s stuff being during the day mostly.
    today i have only heard 2 tracks beyond the 2000s but i have only been tuning in since around 1 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Have to say listing to Club Fm this evening. Absolutely excellent mix of music. I can understand why new tracks would be included especially if you want to appeal to the younger market. Fair play Club Fm.

what's the story with pure fm? are they playing the same music on their stream and 93.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

When I tune into Club it's mostly dance classics (3 out of 4 songs at least). It's the softer side of dance earlier in the day but what harm. It's a good selection and a welcome alternative.

Not sure why the complaints. If someone wants a station with wall to wall music that they like, Spotify is a good option.

Slightly off topic but on club fm's promos they mention "on smart speaker".
    Ive tried various ways of asking for the station on a Google home but it is not playing.

Has anyone got it working on a Google home device or maybe it works with Alexa?

bossdrum wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but on club fm's promos they mention "on smart speaker".
    Ive tried various ways of asking for the station on a Google home but it is not playing.

Has anyone got it working on a Google home device or maybe it works with Alexa?

I have but I had to cast it from the TuneIn app on my phone. Google doesn't get the right station when I ask it to play it.

However I've found you can say "Alexa play Club FM Dublin on TuneIn" and that works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did a retune on my DAB radio yesterday and it picked up 40 stations, including all of the BBC stations, Virgin, TalkSport etc. But unlike previous occasions where multiple UK stations appeared on the screen, I could tune in and listen to them. I live in the greater Dun Laoghaire area, 60m above sea level.

Was this a factor?

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1244280867226337280?s=20

coylemj wrote: »
    Did a retune on my DAB radio yesterday and it picked up 40 stations, including all of the BBC stations, Virgin, TalkSport etc. But unlike previous occasions where multiple UK stations appeared on the screen, I could tune in and listen to them. I live in the greater Dun Laoghaire area, 60m above sea level.

Was this a factor?

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1244280867226337280?s=20

This happens on occasion and its caused by a condition known as Sporadic E.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporadic_E_propagation

• Advertisement

what's the story with pure fm? are they playing the same music on their stream and 93.2?

answer found, it seems they aren't.

Advertisement