Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

JDxtra wrote: »
    Kick is back to Galaxy, again.

Yeah they seem to share 92.2. Maybe it'll be kick Monday to Friday evening and galaxy for the weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donny_Doppler

Was about to say the same, have heard Galaxy & Kick on and off this frequency for the last few days, not sure if Kick is back on today but will be in the car soon to check!

i agree. while there are some trance and old school shows, i'm sick of the same old "deep" house that is really chart dance that is polluting the airwaves more or less non stop. the dance stations don't offer anything different. leave the house to NRG and the others . well . you know . play something different.

Have heard House/Trance/Hard House/Classics on Heat Fm, not too much cheese or Beatport

Tonik have a mix of House/Deep House/Techno/Trance/Classics/Vinyl and Psytrance but no Beatport Top 100

Phever play a lot of House as do NRG but i've heard Trance on NRG and Rap/Hip Hop on Phever and some other kinda strange stuff for a Dance station

Dance 91.6 seems remotely operated, mainly 90s Classics and some cheesy stuff too.

What do you expect the Dance stations to play??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Have heard House/Trance/Hard House/Classics on Heat Fm, not too much cheese or Beatport

Tonik have a mix of House/Deep House/Techno/Trance/Classics/Vinyl and Psytrance but no Beatport Top 100

Phever play a lot of House as do NRG but i've heard Trance on NRG and Rap/Hip Hop on Phever and some other kinda strange stuff for a Dance station

Dance 91.6 seems remotely operated, mainly 90s Classics and some cheesy stuff too.

What do you expect the Dance stations to play??
    what do you mean "What do you expect the Dance stations to play"
    with the greatist of respect, i've been listening to pirate radio for years. so i know what i'm talking about. i know apart from a few trance and old school shows and a couple of other shows, which i mentioned in my post, the diet of music is mostly house including the so called "deep" house. however much of it isn't truely "deep" house at all. so called "deep" house these days isn't the deep house of years ago which was exactly as described. unless your lucky enough to catch the couple of shows that still play it. much of the stations music is the same, there is no need for a few stations playing house music even if it is popular. phever have a couple of good shows that are different. you forgot NLR which is a good listen also. but what would i know.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Was about to say the same, have heard Galaxy & Kick on and off this frequency for the last few days, not sure if Kick is back on today but will be in the car soon to check!

Galaxy still on today so I don't know what the schedule is. Anyone involved in either of the stations on here?

• Advertisement

anybody have a new link to listen to galaxy 92 online? have no working links.

what do you mean "What do you expect the Dance stations to play"
    with the greatist of respect, i've been listening to pirate radio for years. so i know what i'm talking about. i know apart from a few trance and old school shows and a couple of other shows, which i mentioned in my post, the diet of music is mostly house including the so called "deep" house. however much of it isn't truely "deep" house at all. so called "deep" house these days isn't the deep house of years ago which was exactly as described. unless your lucky enough to catch the couple of shows that still play it. much of the stations music is the same, there is no need for a few stations playing house music even if it is popular. phever have a couple of good shows that are different. you forgot NLR which is a good listen also. but what would i know.

I never once said you don't know what you're taking about, i asked "What do you expect the stations to play" what would YOU like to hear?

Yes Deep House isn't the same now as it was, music evolves but also it gets diluted and crosses over between genres like Trouse (a combination of House and Trance)
    Just like "Progressive" House these days according to Beatport, is anything but Progressive, its Big Room EDM Electro House, but that's cos it suits them to market/sell it as such.

If I or you were to start a station tomorrow, what music genres would you include? As i pointed out the stations above play a variety of styles, some stations more than others. NRG and Phever play a lot of House, is that not enough for you or would you like more genres, like Tonik and Heat play?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lionpaw

Sounds like Donny_Doppler is a HEAT Merchant.....

I never once said you don't know what you're taking about

i know . i didn't suggest you did, i was just pointing out i've been listening for years and can see how its gone is all.
    i asked "What do you expect the stations to play" what would YOU like to hear?
    If I or you were to start a station tomorrow, what music genres would you include?

trance, hard house, old school, other forms of hard dance.
    As i pointed out the stations above play a variety of styles, some stations more than others. NRG and Phever play a lot of House, is that not enough for you or would you like more genres, like Tonik and Heat play?

i'm saying that i believe the house should be left to phever and NRG with the others concentrating on other styles such as trance, old school, hard house and so on. while stations do play them they are more minority genres compared to the over played house music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Juice FM from CSN - Coláiste Stiofáin Naofa in southside of Cork city currently testing since yesterday with a silent carrier on 88.7 FM. Both transmitter and studio are located at the college.
    RDS says "JUICE FM", PI code = 20D2 (my carradio shows this in its ENG mode) .
    Its due on this Thursday and following Thursdays to Xmas, and a series of Tuesday and Thursday after Xmas.
    it was previously called CSN-FM on 107.2 last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

comreg hit galaxy 92 kildare today some one rang me not sure if this is the case
    they say it took them 1hour to get in to there steel box funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

comreg hit galaxy 92 kildare today some one rang me not sure if this is the case
    they say it took them 1hour to get in to there steel box funny

I assume the antenna array was rendered useless ?

sorry to hear that. hopefully they won't be off for long

Not a "Heat Merchant" I listen to all the stations on Fm in Dublin. As for leaving NRG or Phever to play House music, Tonik is now the longest running station as Play has gone online only and they've been playing House, Trance, Techno and Vinyl for years.

Some think Tonik plays too much Trance and others too much House, personally I like a mixture of genres and as they are not playlisted as much as NRG I find you don't get the same House tracks over and over.

Heat seems to be going down the harder dance route these days but they've been off Fm for a few days now

Not a "Heat Merchant" I listen to all the stations on Fm in Dublin. As for leaving NRG or Phever to play House music, Tonik is now the longest running station as Play has gone online only and they've been playing House, Trance, Techno and Vinyl for years.

Some think Tonik plays too much Trance and others too much House, personally I like a mixture of genres and as they are not playlisted as much as NRG I find you don't get the same House tracks over and over.

Heat seems to be going down the harder dance route these days but they've been off Fm for a few days now
    only a couple of trance shows on tonik these days. there was a good few when the station came on first but these days not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

The owner of galaxy kildare will have it back on air very soon
    new tx and gear is on order

barryc2010 wrote: »
    do you know the link to their facebook? the one i've found hasn't been updated since 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Waste of money in my opinion. They need to use the gear, otherwise they're just burning up electricity. Sure half the time they were a blank carrier or experimenting with country music. I only ever heard one live show - and no ads or any revenue stream at all.

driving between Rathcoole and Naas and picking up "The All New Club Fm" on 88.1, no RDS but jingles identifying them. Are NRG off this frequency?

Upbeat on air now on 99.5 from St . Patricks, temp licence, full programming from Monday.

No sign of Energy on AM for the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

who's next on comreg,s hit list i say107.1 tonikradio & nrg 88.1 are next

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

sure is nrg just for the dublin region u lose them after ratcool going for kildare N7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    Upbeat on air now on 99.5 from St . Patricks, temp licence, full programming from Monday.

No sign of Energy on AM for the last few weeks.

I picked up a station on 1395 kh on AM last night driving by Sandymount coastroad which got clearer further south towards Dundrum. The station was playing a mixture of oldies from various decades. I did not hear any ident while I was listening but I would assume that is Energy - reception was variable, though.

I picked up a station on 1395 kh on AM last night driving by Sandymount coastroad which got clearer further south towards Dundrum. The station was playing a mixture of oldies from various decades. I did not hear any ident while I was listening but I would assume that is Energy - reception was variable, though.

That sounds like Energy - might be on greatly reduced power, no reception in the city centre/Donnybrook last night when I did a search.

driving between Rathcoole and Naas and picking up "The All New Club Fm" on 88.1, no RDS but jingles identifying them. Are NRG off this frequency?

no, still on it. any more on this Club Fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    That sounds like Energy - might be on greatly reduced power, no reception in the city centre/Donnybrook last night when I did a search.

It is Energy alright on 1395 kh AM. I had it on briefly this afternoon in the Dundrum area and I heard one of their Energy jingles.

Other stations I have heard over this weekend after doing a few scans (with my anorak on!) - all on FM:
    NRG on 88.1
    Dance 91.6 on 91.6
    Tonik Radio on 107.1

I did not hear Phever on 93.2 this weekend. Are they off again or have they reduced their power again? They had increased their reception area over the last month or two.

Is NLR still broadcasting on 87.6? I would not know as it is low-powered from the west of the city.

It is Energy alright on 1395 kh AM. I had it on briefly this afternoon in the Dundrum area and I heard one of their Energy jingles.

Other stations I have heard over this weekend after doing a few scans (with my anorak on!) - all on FM:
    NRG on 88.1
    Dance 91.6 on 91.6
    Tonik Radio on 107.1

I did not hear Phever on 93.2 this weekend. Are they off again or have they reduced their power again? They had increased their reception area over the last month or two.

Is NLR still broadcasting on 87.6? I would not know as it is low-powered from the west of the city.
    NLR phever and heat still online, heat off due to the temp on 99.5

NRG on 88.1
    Dance 91.6 on 91.6
    Tonik Radio on 107.1

Phever were off Friday night and back on Saturday around 2 or 3, i remember hearing a specific show, then off again last night and this morning. Their audio is good one day and then over modulating or very weak the next, no real consistency to it (edited post)

who's next on comreg,s hit list i say107.1 tonikradio & nrg 88.1 are next

Barry do you think they'll target them individually? Why not a blanket cull like in previous years? Surely Heat, NLR, NRG, Tonik, Dance916 are all doing the same thing so would all be due a raid. Not 100% sure but weren't PLAY and Tonik hit before Christmas but NRG and Base/Heat got away with that?

Also was around Rathcoole again today, Club and NRG both interfering with each other and NRG on a blank carrier. This can't be a healthy situation, Comreg won't like that carry on

• Advertisement

sure is nrg just for the dublin region u lose them after ratcool going for kildare N7

Not really clever though - tends to be only one outcome in these situations. ...

Advertisement