Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

answer found, it seems they aren't.

Was listening to them earlier for a few minutes, the music was very heavy for a Sunday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Fresh 99.5FM has reappeared today....testing on low power with and I quote 100% power back soon....

In other news 94.3 is relaying Retro FM today with RDS and text referencing Retro

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Was listening to them earlier for a few minutes, the music was very heavy for a Sunday afternoon

that's no bad thing.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

that's no bad thing.

Whatever floats your boat

Whatever floats your boat

they are, or at least were playing mixes on 93.2 today.
    didn't go out online though.

• Advertisement

they are, or at least were playing mixes on 93.2 today.
    didn't go out online though.

I heard that, strange one having two different outputs for FM & Online

I heard that, strange one having two different outputs for FM & Online

it is strange alright but given this current situation it is what it is i guess, mind you they did link presumably their studio up to the stream yesterday for a couple of hours and then went back to the online auto dj service.
    the same has been happening for the last couple of saturdays, and it sounds a promising station from the bit of output i have heard during those hours, all though there was an issue with a couple of tracks repeating in succession or near it but that's very easily sorted. i heard no jingles though.
    hopefully once this current situation with this virus is over things will get going for it, keeping things on air will be difficult enough i would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

it is strange alright but given this current situation it is what it is i guess, mind you they did link presumably their studio up to the stream yesterday for a couple of hours and then went back to the online auto dj service.
    the same has been happening for the last couple of saturdays, and it sounds a promising station from the bit of output i have heard during those hours, all though there was an issue with a couple of tracks repeating in succession or near it but that's very easily sorted. i heard no jingles though.
    hopefully once this current situation with this virus is over things will get going for it, keeping things on air will be difficult enough i would expect.
    I was listening to pure fm today ok it was a bit hard for sunday but I have lost all love for club fm. I think if pure fm get it right they will lead the way for dance. Best of luck to them .Club are going down the road of been boring with a lot of house boring beat stuff (just my opinion).

I was listening to pulse 91.0 today needs to be turned up very (low audio). But I feel it's also dead in the water.

i have been listening to club most of the day and i think i have only heard maybe 2 or 3 tracks beyond the 2000s or that could be considered housey.
    there may have been a couple of days last week where they played a lot of newer stuff, i was listening to other stations so didn't hear it, but they definitely seem to be back to mostly their original format now.
    for what it is worth they have always had the odd 2010 and newish track on their playlist right from the start.
    pulse doesn't stream online to my knowledge and i'm not in the coverage area so i am unable to comment on it's output, perhapse once the current issues are over they may be able to get going.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JDxtra wrote: »
    This happens on occasion and its caused by a condition known as Sporadic E.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporadic_E_propagation

Sporadic E wouldn't cause this, it's actually a phenomenon called tropospheric ducting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropospheric_propagation

Sporadic E is the cause of lower frequency signals such as FM radio and VHF Band I TV appearing from further afield. They are much more sporadic in nature and often fade in and out quickly, from further afield. Most Sporadic E I've experienced in Cork has been from Spain, Portugal and North Africa. It's an unpredictable phenomenon also. RTE One from Maghera on Band I back in the day was cursed from Sporadic E interference from Spain in the summer.

Tropospheric ducting is what causes stronger signals from the UK and France to appear, at much higher frequencies including FM radio, DAB, UHF television and even 900MHz GSM signals. Tropospheric ducting is more stable and can yield listenable/watchable signals here. Back in the day in rural North Cork 60km inland we used to get watchable TV from Caradon Hill on UHF in the summer and frequently still get quality FM reception from North Hessary Tor in Devon and Haverfordwest in Pembrokeshire. Tropospheric ducting is also forecastable with this excellent resource here: http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

marno21 wrote: »
    Sporadic E wouldn't cause this, it's actually a phenomenon called tropospheric ducting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropospheric_propagation

Sporadic E is the cause of lower frequency signals such as FM radio and VHF Band I TV appearing from further afield. They are much more sporadic in nature and often fade in and out quickly, from further afield. Most Sporadic E I've experienced in Cork has been from Spain, Portugal and North Africa. It's an unpredictable phenomenon also. RTE One from Maghera on Band I back in the day was cursed from Sporadic E interference from Spain in the summer.

Tropospheric ducting is what causes stronger signals from the UK and France to appear, at much higher frequencies including FM radio, DAB, UHF television and even 900MHz GSM signals. Tropospheric ducting is more stable and can yield listenable/watchable signals here. Back in the day in rural North Cork 60km inland we used to get watchable TV from Caradon Hill on UHF in the summer and frequently still get quality FM reception from North Hessary Tor in Devon and Haverfordwest in Pembrokeshire. Tropospheric ducting is also forecastable with this excellent resource here: http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html
    Living across the water from you we had a very large UHF aerial pointed towards Caradon Hill for Channel 4 - we had the Welsh version S4C.
    I found that the signal was also affected by whether the tide was in or out !

Scan from out my way, other stations may be on also...

88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse
    91.6 Phever
    93.2 Pure FM
    94.3 Blank carrier
    99.3 Relay of Energy AM?
    102.5 RetroNow
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Club FM

Scan from out my way, other stations may be on also...

88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse
    91.6 Phever
    93.2 Pure FM
    94.3 Blank carrier
    99.3 Relay of Energy AM?
    102.5 RetroNow
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Club FM

Oh Phever back on FM, I’m not getting them, must be low power

Oh Phever back on FM, I’m not getting them, must be low power
    Low power but it was there, RDS was Phever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Just to add to what has been said. All 80s was on 94.3 FM this afternoon as was Energy Power AM on 1395kh around Ballinteer/Dundrum. Paul Murray was broadcasting live on the latter and identified himself.

Low power but it was there, RDS was Phever.

Is there a station called Retro dance on 91.6? They keep popping up on Facebook as testing on low power but I’ve never actually heard them.

Is there a station called Retro dance on 91.6? They keep popping up on Facebook as testing on low power but I’ve never actually heard them.

Apparently, but I've never ever heard it either. Seems to be very low power and occasional broadcasts only.

Here’s what I can get today in Dublin

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse (Audio low)
    91.6 Nothing
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 Pure FM
    94.3 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh FM (Transmitter hum in the background)
    98.4 90s Network
    99.3 No RDS (Energy AM)
    102.5 RetroNow
    105.2 Easy
    105.7 Nothing (Normally The Vault)
    107.1 Club FM

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Here’s what I can get today in Dublin

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse (Audio low)
    91.6 Nothing
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 Pure FM
    94.3 Retro FM
    99.5 Fresh FM (Transmitter hum in the background)
    98.4 90s Network
    99.3 No RDS (Energy AM)
    102.5 RetroNow
    105.7 Nothing (Normally The Vault)
    107.1 Club FM
    no easy????

• Advertisement

paulwilson wrote: »
    no easy????

Just added it there, completely forgot to check

The Vault are also on - 105.7 FM confirmed 8pm

Fresh are also on today....their latest scrolling text promoting Fresh going live in Summer 2020.....

Good to hear Chill back on ,while Easy seem to be 24/7 at the moment with text 'Stay Home '

There’s a bit of lift out there with the nice weather, Here’s what I’m getting on a scan in Dublin

88.1 BBC Radio 2 (Lost Pirate FM for awhile)
    97.2 Manx Radio
    97.4 Rock FM (Preston)
    98.4 Energy FM (Isle of Man)
    99.7 BBC Radio 1
    102.5 Radio Pembrokeshire (Wales)
    104.1 BBC Radio Cumbria
    105.7 Heart FM (Wales)

There’s a bit of lift out there with the nice weather, Here’s what I’m getting on a scan in Dublin

88.1 BBC Radio 2 (Lost Pirate FM for awhile)
    97.2 Manx Radio
    97.4 Rock FM (Preston)
    98.4 Energy FM (Isle of Man)
    99.7 BBC Radio 1
    102.5 Radio Pembrokeshire (Wales)
    104.1 BBC Radio Cumbria
    105.7 Heart FM (Wales)

Just to add to the list:I am receiving
    98.3/99.4 BBC Radio

Dublin activity - Chill,Pirate, Pulse,Pure,RetroNow and Easy all on air - all 80s was being relayed on 94.3 up until 5pm approx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Infoanon wrote: »
    Just to add to the list:I am receiving
    98.3/99.4 BBC Radio

Dublin activity - Chill,Pirate, Pulse,Pure,RetroNow and Easy all on air - all 80s was being relayed on 94.3 up until 5pm approx

No Club?

94.3 is a very odd setup (similar to what it was on 93.2). Zero consistency - just relaying different stations for random hours and days then disappearing. There is no listener value in it.

94.3 is a very odd setup (similar to what it was on 93.2). Zero consistency - just relaying different stations for random hours and days then disappearing. There is no listener value in it.

I said the same thing a few weeks ago and I got a bit of stick for it, it’s like rent a transmitter, Who’s go is it today. It’s a shame because the transmitter is quite strong. I haven’t tuned in in ages for that very reason but the old school anoraks seem to love it.

I said the same thing a few weeks ago and I got a bit of stick for it, it’s like rent a transmitter, Who’s go is it today. It’s a shame because the transmitter is quite strong. I haven’t tuned in in ages for that very reason but the old school anoraks seem to love it.
    Only the circle of those involved and radio anoraks will know about it and tune in. Its not a broadcast for listeners. There is no schedule and it seems completely random.

Look at how Pirate FM do it - always on and consistent. Because of this it is enjoyed by many outside of radio circles and gaining momentum.

No Club?

Club is on.

• Advertisement

No Club?

Oops, yes Club on 107.1

Advertisement