Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

JDxtra wrote: »
    Only the circle of those involved and radio anoraks will know about it and tune in. Its not a broadcast for listeners. There is no schedule and it seems completely random.

Look at how Pirate FM do it - always on and consistent. Because of this it is enjoyed by many outside of radio circles and gaining momentum.

Yes your correct JD Pirate fm right in the firing line

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »

I’d also include Easy in that, Sunshine can’t be too happy with them on 24 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    Yet it's Phever and the Dublin Dab MUX that get the attention. ..

When the current situation passes pirates will go back to night time / weekend services

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

All 80s carrier on 94.3 tonight. Anybody any news?

Jaysus, there is going to be a lot of listening to radio for the next few weeks. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

All 80s carrier on 94.3 tonight. Anybody any news?

Charity Radio is being relayed on 94.3 this afternoon*

*subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Charity Radio is being relayed on 94.3 this afternoon*

*subject to change

Brian Kelly of Energy Power AM is also involved with Charity Radio. The last time Fun Radio was on multiple frequencies, including 94.3, his pals from Charity Radio were involved along with himself and fellow Energy Power AM presenter/operator Paul Murray. This makes me think that whoever is behind the operation on 94.3, which sometimes runs as All 80s, has some connection to the Energy Power guys.

There is also the frequency of 99.3 which relays Energy Power AM, or whatever else happens to be on 1395kh. Someone said here before that it's a streaming of Energy Power AM. How does that work? Who is behind that as well?

Brian Kelly of Energy Power AM is also involved with Charity Radio. The last time Fun Radio was on multiple frequencies, including 94.3, his pals from Charity Radio were involved along with himself and fellow Energy Power AM presenter/operator Paul Murray. This makes me think that whoever is behind the operation on 94.3, which sometimes runs as All 80s, has some connection to the Energy Power guys.

There is also the frequency of 99.3 which relays Energy Power AM, or whatever else happens to be on 1395kh. Someone said here before that it's a streaming of Energy Power AM. How does that work? Who is behind that as well?

I cant keep up with 94.3.....every time something goes on there it is a different station

Anybody get a chance to do s bandscan,,? Thanks

I cant keep up with 94.3.....every time something goes on there it is a different station

You know there’s something wrong when even the radio anoraks don’t like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Jayzuz what are ye like? Detective Inspector Walsh and the radio bitches, why not get off yer asses and setup a radio station instead of yapping like auld wans over the back wall about a station that's doing nobody any harm? The lads on 94.3 provide live programming far more than any other pirate, giving space to everybody who wants to provide live entertainment.
    I've heard the 90s network, charity radio, retro, all 80s and fun radio all bringing live shows to a large part of Dublin without any ads or hassle. We all know most stations (incuding some legal ones) are computers plugged into a transmitter. Never heard such snobbery like 'provides no listener value' and such sh1te. Get up off yer holes and do something if you know so much about what listeners want.

• Advertisement

tiswasfan wrote: »
    Jayzuz what are ye like? Detective Inspector Walsh and the radio bitches, why not get off yer asses and setup a radio station instead of yapping like auld wans over the back wall about a station that's doing nobody any harm? The lads on 94.3 provide live programming far more than any other pirate, giving space to everybody who wants to provide live entertainment.
    I've heard the 90s network, charity radio, retro, all 80s and fun radio all bringing live shows to a large part of Dublin without any ads or hassle. We all know most stations (incuding some legal ones) are computers plugged into a transmitter. Never heard such snobbery like 'provides no listener value' and such sh1te. Get up off yer holes and do something if you know so much about what listeners want.

Ha ha, A profile set up to post this, Welcome to boards.ie

Thanks for your usual insightful reply :)

Can we just appreciate that EVERY radio station is different and tries its best? Most people here realise the effort, costs, and risks of having a station on the air, usually with no financial reward and a lot of passion. And there are a lot of people depending on radio at the moment to combat isolation.

Can we just appreciate that EVERY radio station is different and tries its best? Most people here realise the effort, costs, and risks of having a station on the air, usually with no financial reward and a lot of passion. And there are a lot of people depending on radio at the moment to combat isolation.

But read that last line there, people depending on radio at the moment to combat isolation, the problem is when listeners tune into 94.3 and if they like what they hear when they go back again it’s gone or another station. That’s just me & find myself rarely tuning in anymore.

The individual stations all have merit and live broadcasts are of course always welcome and a nice change.

Radio is a broadcast medium. The listener should be the focus. Sporadic broadcasts of different services don't serve the listener in my opinion. Regular scheduled broadcasts (every evening, every weekend or whatever) of one service would be far better.

That sounds perfectly reasonable and ideal if we're talking about a legal situation. In the pirate game that's just not realistic, anyone can be raided, especially if a station can be seen as a 'threat' to a legal station. Many a pirate shared equipment and resources back in the day if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

And how are they getting Energy in stereo? I reckon it’s themselves doing it

I'm not sure what you are on about in my particular case. Unlike some others, I wasn't saying anything negative about what is coming from 94.3 or other frequencies. I was just curious from an anorak point of view about the individuals involved. That's all.

I got a chance to tune in and I heard a guy IDing Charity Radio on 94.3 and time checking as well. It was a live broadcast. I think he said his name was Alan Hennessy. That makes sense as he was scheduled for that time on their online station. His music mix was very like Energy Power's typical music selection. It was also being relayed by Energy Power AM on 1395kh. Later on this afternoon, I happened to have it on when the 94.3 relay suddenly switched to a blank carrier. Energy Power AM was still playing music. When I checked a bit later, Energy was playing songs off its own steam as per usual.

Incidentally, Retro FM was broadcasting separately on 92.0 this afternoon. Sometimes they relay those joint broadcasts I referred to.

I'm not sure what you are on about in my particular case. Unlike some others, I wasn't saying anything negative about what is coming from 94.3 or other frequencies. I was just curious from an anorak point of view about the individuals involved. That's all.

I got a chance to tune in and I heard a guy IDing Charity Radio on 94.3 and time checking as well. It was a live broadcast. I think he said his name was Alan Hennessy. That makes sense as he was scheduled for that time on
    their online station. His music mix was very like Energy Power's typical music selection. It was also being relayed by Energy Power AM on 1395kh. Later on this afternoon, I happened to have it on when the 94.3 relay suddenly switched to a blank carrier. Energy Power AM was still playing music. When I checked a bit later, Energy was playing songs off its own steam as per usual.

Incidentally, Retro FM was broadcasting separately on 92.0 this afternoon. Sometimes they relay those joint broadcasts I referred to.

Jaysus, the mystery goes on. That's what I was saying earlier. I dont understand the setup on 94.3 so I gather we are all just looking for clarity that's all. Nobody having a go just looking to know why 94.3 gets juggled about so much.

Separate note that has not been talked about in a while. Audio quality of the current pirates...thoughts anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Jaysus, the mystery goes on. That's what I was saying earlier. I dont understand the setup on 94.3 so I gather we are all just looking for clarity that's all. Nobody having a go just looking to know why 94.3 gets juggled about so much.

Separate note that has not been talked about in a while. Audio quality of the current pirates...thoughts anybody?

Club FM's audio is quite nice & decent. The others are "OK".

*Edit* Easy is not bad also!

• Advertisement

Sourced from the Energy stream.

Club FM's audio is quite nice & decent. The others are "OK".

*Edit* Easy is not bad also!

Define "ok" ?

A number of stations are using breakaway and sound good - Network 90s has very good audio along with eg The Vault,Pirate FM,Easy are also very good , as an aside the best audio is Nova 100

With software audio processing, there is no excuse for poor audio anymore! :)

As long as the broadcaster uses good quality source material of course (not YouTube rips!).

With software audio processing, there is no excuse for poor audio anymore! :)

As long as the broadcaster uses good quality source material of course (not YouTube rips!).

That applies equally to licensed and unlicensed station

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

Club Fm rocking the airwaves tonight most definitely the best By a Long shot on air at present Serious effort Of Professionalism being put in by the guys there well done keep up the very professional content.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Infoanon wrote: »
    Sourced from the Energy stream.

How does that streaming process work exactly, including going from 1395kh to 99.3 FM? I'm not a technical expert by any means!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Infoanon wrote: »
    Define "ok" ?

A number of stations are using breakaway and sound good - Network 90s has very good audio along with eg The Vault,Pirate FM,Easy are also very good , as an aside the best audio is Nova 100

Of the current stations in Dublin I actually think Spirit's audio is up there. Indeed it's about the only thing they do which is half decent.

Of the current stations in Dublin I actually think Spirit's audio is up there. Indeed it's about the only thing they do which is half decent.

Not sure, think it can be inconsistent...

Any Easter bandscanners today?

• Advertisement

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 Pure FM
    94.3 Unknown oldies station (RDS "AT HOME")
    99.3 Unknown oldies station (same as 94.3)
    102.5 RetroNow
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Club FM

Unable to get a signal for 98.4, 99.5 or 105.7 today.

Advertisement