Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

SATNAV wrote: »
    Just listening this evening and their audio seems to have changed ? , I know some people mentioned earlier in the week about audio processing, have to say it's one of the best audio of whats on non official FM at the moment. ?

In the case of the relays on 94.3 it's the audio source that dictates the audio quality on FM

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

JDxtra wrote: »
    Pulse is still skipping. Its easy to mistake for a dance track, but it's definitely on a very short loop! :)

Still skipping today, Probably just needs a reset, do they even listen to their own station?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Still skipping today, Probably just needs a reset, do they even listen to their own station?

Frank Kennedy station isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Infoanon wrote: »
    Any particular reason for the raid? ,what is the pirate situation like in the UK these days - seems to be a lack of websites providing information these days

No idea for the raid reason although some here have suggested it was the frequency used.

87.7 used to be our local hospital.
    I am miles away from the Midlands.
    No idea either of the UK scene -- nothing here on the West Wales coast apart from you guys over there on MW .

Haven’t a clue, Was he not Hot FM, The signal is a bit better than Pure & Club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i don't think so, he would be plugging it like hell if it was i would imagine.
    there was a comparison made between the types of music between hot fm and pulse alright.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

i don't think so, he would be plugging it like hell if it was i would imagine.
    there was a comparison made between the types of music between hot fm and pulse alright.

It’s not just the music though as a matter of fact... last time I was in Dublin anyway audio (processing etc) was very similar. Maybe he sold whole setup as it was - I don’t know

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

94.3 FM All80s
    Just listening this evening and their audio seems to have changed ? , I know some people mentioned earlier in the week about audio processing, have to say it's one of the best audio of whats on non official FM at the moment is 94.3 FM and Pirate FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

I don't agree pluses Signal is very bad in a lot of places and very bad in city centre for who is listening anyway I really don't get why thay are broadcasting at all pure is pure rubbish Signal is desperate looks to me it's a Chinese 20 watt pushing 15 watts of power. For the 3rd or 4th time pulse has been Skipping for more then 24 hrs to me it's all a waste of Electricity I think the two pulse and Pure are a jock and need to be switched off for good I believe not many and listening to them only the owner's them selfs as dance pirates come I believe club have it sorted they are Being very creative and sound tops .

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

When pulse first started hot fm appeared on my rds for a second so there is some connection.

It has been stuck like that for a few days like a beacon of incompetence. I guess they cant travel to site but why cant they call landlord and ask them to unplug it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I don't think PULSE anything to do with FK, As FK still plugging away on Facebook with shows over the weekend. Maybe it was used by FK in the past and rent wasn't paid. Anyway it sounds terrible PULSE, Maybe due to the covid-19 movement restrictions they can't head up the mountain and fix.
    Also on a separate note Storm North East now 24-7 on fm while the lock down continues.

castle2012 wrote: »
    I don't think PULSE anything to do with FK, As FK still plugging away on Facebook with shows over the weekend. Maybe it was used by FK in the past and rent wasn't paid. Anyway it sounds terrible PULSE, Maybe due to the covid-19 movement restrictions they can't head up the mountain and fix.
    Also on a separate note Storm North East now 24-7 on fm while the lock down continues.

Yes there has been no FK on it so we should be thankful. Current owners should switch it off until they can fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Audio back on Pulse this evening.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Surprised you can receive Spirit - nowadays it runs at 5kw afaik

Getting absolutely hammered by Jil FM from Algeria, which is a 300kW signal, after dark here

What kind of power is Spirit pushing at night? The daytime signal would appear to be stronger than 5kW if I can get it here.

john 1000 wrote: »
    I don't agree pluses Signal is very bad in a lot of places and very bad in city centre for who is listening anyway I really don't get why thay are broadcasting at all pure is pure rubbish Signal is desperate looks to me it's a Chinese 20 watt pushing 15 watts of power. For the 3rd or 4th time pulse has been Skipping for more then 24 hrs to me it's all a waste of Electricity I think the two pulse and Pure are a jock and need to be switched off for good I believe not many and listening to them only the owner's them selfs as dance pirates come I believe club have it sorted they are Being very creative and sound tops .

Club fm are in a different league. Jingles and music are spot on with a stream from the get go. Even playing covid-19 ads and that a-team ad is funny. Signal on fm is good but could do with a bump but for moment does not bother me as listening on alexa.

Pure fm had a decent coverage area but it is one of the weaker stations and suffers from rnag cutting into it. Pulse fm using the old Hot fm frequency and that was never a great idea to begin with.

hibits wrote: »
    Club fm are in a different league. Jingles and music are spot on with a stream from the get go. Even playing covid-19 ads and that a-team ad is funny. Signal on fm is good but could do with a bump but for moment does not bother me as listening on alexa.

I don’t get some pirates playing Covid 19 ads, I heard Storm playing a very long one the other day. I just turned off, Is it the cool thing? For many listeners the pirates are a get away from the legals that are doing them ads. That’s just me everyone has their opinion. It still won’t stop them getting raided at anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I don’t get some pirates playing Covid 19 ads, I heard Storm playing a very long one the other day. I just turned off, Is it the cool thing? For many listeners the pirates are a get away from the legals that are doing them ads. That’s just me everyone has their opinion. It still won’t stop them getting raided at anytime.

It's a public service broadcasting a message that everyone needs to hear - even pirate radio listeners. You can be fairly sure that the listeners to Storm won't have already heard the adverts on RTE Radio 1. Fair play to them.

Back in 1996 I remember Coast 105 FM observed the broadcast industry minute of silence for Veronica Guerin. It was done as an expression of respect for someone who paid the ultimate price for freedom of the press.

If you can do some good on a human level, why not do it - pirate or not?

Ger Roe wrote: »
    It's a public service broadcasting a message that everyone needs to hear - even pirate radio listeners. You can be fairly sure that the listeners to Storm won't have already heard the adverts on RTE Radio 1. Fair play to them.

Back in 1996 I remember Coast 105 FM observed the broadcast industry minute of silence for Veronica Guerin. It was done as an expression of respect for someone who paid the ultimate price for freedom of the press.

If you can do some good on a human level, why not do it - pirate or not?

You’re out of the pirate game a long time now Ger & the stations on air are nothing like the pirates when you worked on them. These are dance stations with no live programs playing wall to wall music, listeners tune in to get a break from the normal radio. I just say leave it to the legals. We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

while some may be tuning in to get a break from the legal stations, most are likely tuning in because they have no interest in the content provided by legal radio, and in that case the information will have to be got to them given the seriousness of the situation.

• Advertisement

while some may be tuning in to get a break from the legal stations, most are likely tuning in because they have no interest in the content provided by legal radio, and in that case the information will have to be got to them given the seriousness of the situation.

Agree, no issue with it at all - it's only 20 or 30 seconds.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Agree, no issue with it at all - it's only 20 or 30 seconds.

Not the one on Storm it had to be at least 3 minutes, If the pirates are going to run them Why not all of them and not just one or two, Why the same old ad every hour there’s a number of them they’ve been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

You’re out of the pirate game a long time now Ger & the stations on air are nothing like the pirates when you worked on them.

Dipole Keith you are very much mistaken.

Pirates are providing a very beneficial service in carrying these public service announcements and hopefully all the stations will follow the lead taken by others.

Not the one on Storm it had to be at least 3 minutes, If the pirates are going to run them Why not all of them and not just one or two, Why the same old ad every hour there’s a number of them they’ve been updated.

i would imagine the adds being ran are the adds they were able to get access to.
    as to why only a couple of pirate stations are running the adds, you would have to ask those pirates not running the adds as to why as i suspect we will be unable to know the answer, all though i am going to guess that pure and pulse in dublin being recent startups means they are perhapse not in a position to run anything more then any adds they may have.

All stations, pirate or legal, should be playing announcements in relation to COVID-19.
    That said The one I heard on Storm seemed extremely long tbf

Dipole Keith you are very much mistaken.

Pirates are providing a very beneficial service in carrying these public service announcements and hopefully all the stations will follow the lead taken by others.

Oh here we go the expert in everything to do with radio from transmitters, audio, signal, Formula one, bikes & now convid 19 ads, RTE & The local stations are doing this public service which is there job not the job of a few dance pirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Oh here we go the expert in everything to do with radio from transmitters, audio, signal, Formula one, bikes & now convid 19 ads, RTE & The local stations are doing this public service which is there job not the job of a few dance pirates.

Good work from you there Keith, love the sound of your own opinions while slagging off others based on personal attacks. How about you get off your high stool and contribute to the collective? Maybe some constructive criticism based on an achievement of your own, maybe a reasoned argument based on real-world exprience? No? Back to the high stool like a good chap. Change your name to Bipole Keith maybe?

again, you are forgetting the main audience of the pirates who would generally not be listening to legal radio.
    playing certain adds in relation to specific issues is not a new thing in pirate radio, it has been going on in the uk for years with pirates playing adds in relation to knife crime, domestic abuse, talk to frank in relation to drugs, etc.
    i get adds are annoying, i get it might sound a bit new here because it's not a very common thing, not the norm in fact all though i'm sure it has happened over the years, but it really isn't anything that goes against the aims of pirate radio, in fact technically it is exactly the type of thing pirates would do depending on their audience.
    in fact, some of the adds heard on pirate radio in the uk for example don't even get heard on legal radio bar perhapse some community stations.
    i am not saying pirates here should start carrying adds in relation to issues, ultimately that is a judgement call that a station can make depending on their audience.

So, I went and checked... :)

Storm are playing two Corona virus ads per hour, one is 30 seconds and the other is 45 seconds long. Club are playing one per hour which is the same 30 second long one that Storm are playing.

No Corona ads heard on Pulse FM or Pure FM. Haven't checked Easy Radio or Pirate FM yet, although Easy do have a message on their RDS radio text.

• Advertisement

tiswasfan wrote: »
    Good work from you there Keith, love the sound of your own opinions while slagging off others based on personal attacks. How about you get off your high stool and contribute to the collective? Maybe some constructive criticism based on an achievement of your own, maybe a reasoned argument based on real-world exprience? No? Back to the high stool like a good chap. Change your name to Bipole Keith maybe?

Maybe the isolation is getting to people, Again welcome to boards.ie, My contribution is that I don’t think the automated dance pirates on air at the moment should be playing the Covid 19 ads, it’s great to have a debate about it here, talking to anoraks during the last few weeks about this they all said no leave it to the legals, that’s why I find it funny the same people are on here saying they don’t have a problem with it 😀 Just my opinion and everyone’s got one just like arseholes 😊

Advertisement