Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Phever were off Friday night and back on Saturday around 2 or 3, i remember hearing Dean Sherrys show, then off again last night and this morning. Their audio is good one day and then over modulating or very weak the next, no real consistency to it

Dean Sherry has been involved with pirates for the best part of 20 years. I think I first heard his name mentioned in connection with Q95 in 1995. If I'm not mistaken, he went on to Kiss FM (late '90s dance pirate) and Nova Dance.
    Barry do you think they'll target them individually? Why not a blanket cull like in previous years? Surely Heat, NLR, NRG, Tonik, Dance916 are all doing the same thing so would all be due a raid. Not 100% sure but weren't PLAY and Tonik hit before Christmas but NRG and Base/Heat got away with that?

If you mean by that that they all play the same kind of music, NLR is very different from the rest - it plays reggae, or so I'm told!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lionpaw

Mentioning any persons name and suggesting their involvement in anything is totally out of order .Ive seen this behaviour on here before .... Some tool giving directions to a site . Clever, DB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Lionpaw wrote: »
    Mentioning any persons name and suggesting their involvement in anything is totally out of order .Ive seen this behaviour on here before .... Some tool giving directions to a site . Clever, DB

Dean Sherry mentions his own name every 5 minutes on Phever. Can't see the problem here?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

Guy's can any one hear the station on 108.00Mhznow thats a strange one . An Africaan Gentleman screaming and going crazy at 7:00AM this morning fairly strong west Dublin .
    I'd Say Phever will be back on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donny_Doppler

Lionpaw wrote: »

Sorry Lionpaw, will edit my post, didn't think before posting that. Not trying to hang anyone with my posts, it was because i heard him that i knew what time it was on.

• Advertisement

Dean Sherry has been involved with pirates for the best part of 20 years. I think I first heard his name mentioned in connection with Q95 in 1995. If I'm not mistaken, he went on to Kiss FM (late '90s dance pirate) and Nova Dance.

If you mean by that that they all play the same kind of music, NLR is very different from the rest - it plays reggae, or so I'm told!

No i meant they are all Pirate stations, so why would Comreg just target those 2? I doubt comreg have favourites that they'd leave on air while removing others. But maybe comreg love deep house?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Sorry Lionpaw, will edit my post, didn't think before posting that. Not trying to hang anyone with my posts, it was because i heard him that i knew what time it was on.
    there is no need to edit the post, he gives his name on the station anyway so your not hanging anyone here

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Guy's can any one hear the station on 108.00Mhznow thats a strange one . An Africaan Gentleman screaming and going crazy at 7:00AM this morning fairly strong west Dublin .

oh no . thats all we need now is this type of nonsense like the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I'd Say Phever will be back on today.

Could be lift conditions - currently picking up BBC Wales and Scotland on FM and with Phever off BBC Ulster crystal clear on 93.1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

Is that Radio North coming in on 846kHz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

Infoanon wrote: »
    Could be lift conditions - currently picking up BBC Wales and Scotland on FM and with Phever off BBC Ulster crystal clear on 93.1

No way was it lift conditions Mono signal with no RDS encoder someone just screaming down a mike at 7:00AM in the morning crzay frequency locking as well possibly locally west Dublin .

Phever and Tonik off this morning, Upbeat on 99.5 and Dance916 and NRG both on. Nothing on 108

marno21 wrote: »
    http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

Is that Radio North coming in on 846kHz?
    don't know, not coming in for me. this receiver is brilliant though. listening to RTE 252 now. trying to get the UK pirate laser international but i don't know what frequency they use these days

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

don't know, not coming in for me. this receiver is brilliant though. listening to RTE 252 now. trying to get the UK pirate laser international but i don't know what frequency they use these days
    There was music on it at 3 last night..

Sure is a fantastic site. Laser Hot Hits can be received on 4026kHz most evenings after dark, and sometimes also on 6220kHz I think, it's near that anywya

marno21 wrote: »
    There was music on it at 3 last night..

Sure is a fantastic site. Laser Hot Hits can be received on 4026kHz most evenings after dark, and sometimes also on 6220kHz I think, it's near that anywya
    brilliant, will check those out, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

oh no . thats all we need now is this type of nonsense like the UK

Were you driving at the time? Could it have been an car fm transmitter? Possibly a podcast of the hot mix with ezeke gray? Probably not but thought I'd ask.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Were you driving at the time? Could it have been an car fm transmitter? Possibly a podcast of the hot mix with ezeke gray? Probably not but thought I'd ask.

i don't know as it wasn't me who heard it but someone else. from the description though it sounds like one of those religious ranting pirates that infect london, which have no technical quality standards what soever and don't care what frequency they use. it could have very well been a car transmitter relaying one of those via their internet stream for all i know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Had a tune around a few minutes ago to see if anything amiss after overnight electrical storms - both Beat on 102.2 and WLR/FM on 95.1 (both from the same site) were just unmodulated carriers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Phever back on 93.2 this morning.

Station on 92.1, low power, audible in Dublin South West, relaying BBC4 earlier and now playing trance/dance music, No RDS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

xmas fm ture to come on air in 4weeks dublin 94.3 treerock
    88.1 saggart so nrg will be on the move but where to go

barryc2010 wrote: »
    xmas fm ture to come on air in 4weeks dublin 94.3 treerock
    88.1 saggart so nrg will be on the move but where to go

They have taken a xmas break the last two years if I'm not mistaken so maybe they'll just return when xmas fm finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

For sale a 50watt fm tx works very well any one like to buy pm me for me info on it.

NRG are moving to 92.1.

JDxtra wrote: »
    NRG are moving to 92.1.

Galaxy won't be happy.

Galaxy who? :)

JDxtra wrote: »
    Galaxy who? :)

Ha someone here said they were going to make a comeback soon when they got some new equipment. Is nrg dublin just moving for the Xmas period or is it a permanent move do you know?

NRG are a very professionally run station. For all we know, they may have consulted with the former operators on 92.2 from Kildare.

This is on their FB page now:

10397983_812676658783724_3392004936061075382_n.jpg?oh=fd5388680f1a9dd54c0cb1d4e24d49c1&oe=54BFA2C0&__gda__=1421583856_dfa383e7bb82cc4d2af356e2edd5ba70

Galaxy won't be happy.

There were stations on 92.1 while Galaxy were on air

• Advertisement

Galaxy won't be happy.

There were stations on 92.1 while Galaxy were on air

Advertisement