Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

hibits wrote: »
    Kiss fm on 102.5 but its not 1025 Kiss?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the kiss fm on 1025 now is the one which was on 93.2.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

RetroNow have been using 102.5 from mid-February to date. I expect this move will impact them. If I recall, the station known as 1025KISS finished up around mid-January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »
    RetroNow have been using 102.5 from mid-February to date. I expect this move will impact them. If I recall, the station known as 1025KISS finished up around mid-January.

RetroNow is only audible in Dublin SW - and even then reception is hit and miss. Losing the mountain site for 107.1 was a huge loss for them.
    Personally I would have thought 93.2 a better choice than 102.5 - expect Q to be a lot more vocal if there is over modulation etc etc

With the easing of the lockdown fewer stations are on the air during weekday day time :
    Bandscan Dublin SE at 4pm

87.6 Chill
    88.1 Pirate
    91.0 Hot
    98.4 the 90s Network
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 Club

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »

RetroNow is only audible in Dublin SW - and even then reception is hit and miss. Losing the mountain site for 107.1 was a huge loss for them.
    Personally I would have thought 93.2 a better choice than 102.5 - expect Q to be a lot more vocal if there is over modulation etc etc

With the easing of the lockdown fewer stations are on the air during weekday day time :
    Bandscan Dublin South City at 4pm

87.6 Chill
    88.1 Pirate
    91.0 Hot
    98.4 the 90s Network
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 Club

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Yep, correct. Caution required however mod levels were off when I reviewed it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Infoanon wrote: »

Bandscan Dublin SE at 4pm

87.6 Chill
    88.1 Pirate
    91.0 Hot
    98.4 the 90s Network
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 Club

102.5, You’ve got Kiss from Dublin & RetroNow from Meath, What a mess when they meet in the middle. Once you go beyond Finglas & Blanchardstown heading out of the city RetroNow is niggling away at Kiss, When you get to Meath it’s Kiss niggling away at RetroNow, What a mess as both stations coverage is affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Maybe the KISS operators on 102.5 are inexperienced or naive but they've shown no regard of other operators so far, maybe they just listen to a radio, hear a hiss, and switch on their rig? I wouldn't think they'll gain any respect in the small cadre of experienced operators with this kind of behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

The old 1025 kiss have re-activated there Instagram page and are not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

castle2012 wrote: »

their instagram was working for me recently so deactivation must have happened quit recently, their facebook hasn't reappeared though.
    would be nice if they came back.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

All i would like to know is whats the point kiss sounds bad from the first day it came on as pure fm.
    Several attempts with name changes Frequencies ect.
    And it still Sounds bad.

The car garage ad they are running is worse then bad its just shows the Desperate measures that have to be taking i think kiss and hot should from as one.

Actually maybe not they still couldnt get it right

If they think they have a flowing or listener's they do them self's that would be it as far as i can see.
    I think its bad from to jam a station ok that can only be heard in parts of Dublin but it shows these guys have no respect for others .

Time will repay them im sure and i do not see them around for long .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Bandscan for pirates - Cork City Centre:

FM:

87.5 Power 87
    87.8 True (no RDS as signal is stronger in East Cork)
    104.8 blank carrier
    Presume Cityview and Caroline were on earlier in the day.

DAB:

Cybr Hits
    90s Network
    Club Radio (Club FM Dublin)
    Zenith Rock (no audio)
    BKLR Radio
    Wild Country
    Global Radio
    Sami Swoi Radio
    Storm North East
    Cyber Rock
    Dublin’s ABC
    Polish Radio Ireland
    9Radio
    OpenTempo
    Atlantis

Audio restored on Zenith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Audio restored on Zenith

As per my previous post: !
    Is this FreeDAB? Interesting mix of current FM pirates, internet stations and at least one former FM pirate from 20 years ago (Dublin's ABC). Zenith Classic Rock, who has had previous temporary licenses, is turning up everywhere at the moment!

............................................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Using the same Kiss name and freq. is cheeky especially when it is another dance station and the music style is similar.

This version of Kiss has poor audio with a screeching sound underneath. It is like a cheap knock off from AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

the kiss fm on 1025 now is the one which was on 93.2.

About 3 years ago?

DopeTech wrote: »
    About 3 years ago?

There was a Kiss on 93.2 in recent years, but this one is different. It had been operating on 93.2 for a few months before moving.

john 1000 wrote: »
    All i would like to know is whats the point kiss sounds bad from the first day it came on as pure fm.
    Several attempts with name changes Frequencies ect.
    And it still Sounds bad.

The car garage ad they are running is worse then bad its just shows the Desperate measures that have to be taking i think kiss and hot should from as one.

Actually maybe not they still couldnt get it right

If they think they have a flowing or listener's they do them self's that would be it as far as i can see.
    I think its bad from to jam a station ok that can only be heard in parts of Dublin but it shows these guys have no respect for others .

Time will repay them im sure and i do not see them around for long .
    Believe it or not they seem to from the same stock. Many of the names involved with kiss all worked on FKs hot fm back in the day.

Believe it or not they seem to from the same stock. Many of the names involved with kiss all worked on FKs hot fm back in the day.
    Oh really thats very interesting thanks for that ...
    Castle 2012 thats why its sh1t then lol 😆

As per my previous post: !

Yes, it was FreeDAB

102.5fm sounds terrible with two stations on it. One way of bringing yourself to the attention of ComReg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

105.2 sounds terrible with two stations on it. One way of bringing yourself to attention of ComReg

Typo I think you mean 102.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Truth speaks

102.5fm sounds terrible with two stations on it. One way of bringing yourself to the attention of ComReg

The people behind 102.5 are <snipped> . His name <snipped> he has his own add play because security is a serious matter 🀣🀣.on the station well playing would not call it a station

<snip>

The people behind 102.5 are <snipped> . His name <snipped> he has his own add play because security is a serious matter 🀣🀣.on the station well playing would not call it a station

<snip>

There's plenty of other frequencys they could have used. But these guys have made no impact, so instead get people to think its the 1025kiss that was on air earlier this year.

These guys have no radio experience apparently, otherwise they would know better than to plonk themselves onto without researching first

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

<snip>

Maybe consider editing your post, we tend not to name people here, especially if it is something that's live.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

TheBMG wrote: »
    I had heard it was another station from Paul Wilson (Easy FM) but doesn’t sound like him
    No most deffintly is not a station by me .I have just the one station which is exspencive to keep on the air as it is also I don't go on top off outher stations especially retro now which I am great friends with the owner and his family owwww yep also the audio listen to easy and decide don't think it is anywhere close to it sorry lads nutting to do with me

It's a dick move mentioning names or locations of allegedly current operators, surely we're better than this?

tiswasfan wrote: »
    It's a dick move mentioning names or locations of allegedly current operators, surely we're better than this?

Absolutely, One thing if it’s stuff they themselves have put up on social media

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Truth speaks

Maybe consider editing your post, we tend not to name people here, especially if it is something that's live.

Sorry I must of missed the rule part of no names .
    Yet paul Wilson just said him self he runs easy.fm . And if you go back through posts many times names have been said about other stations.

So unlike some of you that pass comments .I'll name them.

At the end of the day everyone of theses station the good and bad are breaking the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Sorry I must of missed the rule part of no names .
    Yet paul Wilson just said him self he runs easy.fm . And if you go back through posts many times names have been said about other stations.

So unlike some of you that pass comments .I'll name them.

At the end of the day everyone of theses station the good and bad are breaking the law.

To be fair Paul himself posts here and that's his choice if he wants discuss his business on a public forum.

My point is you've named some people there connected to a live gig all the while hiding your own identity behind a username, it's just bad form really illegal or not.

I'm not the boards police, just merely suggested if you wanted to change your post.

Advertisement