Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

JDxtra wrote: »
    Hot FM 91.0 is off air in Dublin this evening.

Still online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's back on now. Some sort of FM maintenance maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

I imagine the person who started the rumour of raids must be laughing into their coffee at how quiet the FM band is, and has been for the past week or two. Comreg couldn't have done a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭Infoanon

tiswasfan wrote: »
    I imagine the person who started the rumour of raids must be laughing into their coffee at how quiet the FM band is, and has been for the past week or two. Comreg couldn't have done a better job.

?? - once we went into phase 3 of reopening Comreg where back in action. It was apparent to all that 24 hour a day main steam broadcasting would not be continuing not to mention the financial losses being faced by the legals with the collapse in advertising.
    Comreg don't rely on rumours and stations don't react to posters on boards.ie - no offence. Raids / legal letters etc is how Comreg operate.

In the real world, pirate operators react to rumours hence the sudden disappearance of most stations (weekdays and weekend). I don't give a sh!te about how comreg operates the result is the same.

• Advertisement

Pirate FM, Easy Radio and Club FM are all off FM for over two weeks now.

Hot FM have a previous history with Comreg yet have been able to continue broadcasting non-stop 24/7 (apart from one outage). There have been up to 10 adverts for small businesses running on the station.

Hot FM have a previous history with Comreg yet have been able to continue broadcasting non-stop 24/7 (apart from one outage). There have been up to 10 adverts for small businesses running on the station.

Heard it this morning, plenty of ads
    Certainly not the VO’s I would’ve chosen, but whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Neither Retro FM or that station on 94.3, sometimes referred to as All 80s, have been on over the last couple of weekends either.

It's interesting how some businesses are advertising on pirates again. I think they could be heavily penalised for doing so.

Heard it this morning, plenty of ads
    Certainly not the VO’s I would’ve chosen, but whatever

Here's a recording. Hot FM have 12 different adverts running at the moment (run time = 5:41).

https://we.tl/t-Qdi1iaBOLi

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Neither Retro FM or that station on 94.3, sometimes referred to as All 80s, have been on over the last couple of weekends either.

It's interesting how some businesses are advertising on pirates again. I think they could be heavily penalised for doing so.

mostely seem to be small businesses, probably unlikely to be able to afford the rates legals charge.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

Whoever has just plopped themselves on 99.5 should buy an FM radio to check who is already using the frequency a while now. DIXONs have a wide range of suitable radios I believe.

mostely seem to be small businesses, probably unlikely to be able to afford the rates legals charge.

Forgot to add that Comreg will also write to advertisers and advise of the substantial penalties they face for advertising on a pirate station.

Dance music has appeared on 99.5 this afternoon across Dublin

Infoanon wrote: »
    Dance music has appeared on 99.5 this afternoon across Dublin

Fresh FM, perhaps?

Forgot to add that Comreg will also write to advertisers and advise of the substantial penalties they face for advertising on a pirate station.

Fresh FM, perhaps?

Not sure. Audio is mono with no RDS currently and no station IDs (that I heard anyways).

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Whoever has just plopped themselves on 99.5 should buy an FM radio to check who is already using the frequency a while now. DIXONs have a wide range of suitable radios I believe.

I suspect this is probably an attempt to hold the frequency for one of Dublins oldies stations.

Very strong carrier now on 99.5. I presume the dance station is underneath it, but it is wiped out.

Update: carrier off now, back to the dance station. Fun and games.

The strong carrier on 99.5 now has the RDS "ENERGY" and radio text that says "ENERGY POWER AM".

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Very strong carrier now on 99.5. I presume the dance station is underneath it, but it is wiped out.

Update: carrier off now, back to the dance station. Fun and games.

The blank carrier on 99.5 is Energy Power Am that use that frequency at the weekend, They’ve started to play music now, the dance station is winning the battle in the Phoenix park, put it this way I can work out what both stations are playing.

• Advertisement

No sign of the dance station driving through Dundrum and Sandyford just mellow music and ENERGY on the radio display.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

99.5 Energy Am very strong in Tallaght area, much stronger than before, must be a different site, sounding well. A welcome change from what was on 99.5 all these years.

Unfortunately we have stupid going on - despite an abundance of pirate frequencies an Unid Dance station has appeared on a frequency in use 99.5 leaving an audio mess near the city centre / Kimmage / Rathfarnham / Woodtown

The uniquely poor audio with mains hum draws suspicions as to the identity of the intruder who plopped down on the frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

The uniquely poor audio with mains hum draws suspicions as to the identity of the intruder who plopped down on the frequency.

Yes very true, it's probably that dance station that's been moving around from 99.5 to 102.5 Too many LP operators out there not checking frequencys before they set up with bad swr ref and over modulating etc.

I put on 99.5 yesterday evening on Ballinteer Road, near the M50, shortly before 8pm. Initially, I heard a song by Abba. Then, the dance station came in on top of it. As I drove towards Marley Park direction, the dance station got clearer and the oldies station disappeared. Close to Marley Park, the RDS displayed Storm NE, and the RDS information displayed Storm NE Oldies Music! I was away from the car for an hour or so and, when I put on the radio again, there was no RDS but the dance station was very clear. That is until I went near the M50 again, when there was interference. When I last heard it, I could make out another station coming in on it playing pop music.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

I am hearing on the grapevine that Wild Country 103.6 and DAB has been visited earlier today 103.6 off air at present.

fmfan wrote: »
    I am hearing on the grapevine that Wild Country 103.6 and DAB has been visited earlier today 103.6 off air at present.

Can confirm this

• Registered Users Posts: 30 astragte

fmfan wrote: »

Yes they had a visit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

astragte wrote: »
    Yes they had a visit

What dab? Dublin or nationwide? That's a pity they seem to have it for free dab

Advertisement