Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Frequencies for Xmas FM this year:

Christmas FM
    28th November 2014 – 27th December 2014

Dublin City and County inclusive 94.3 MHz
    Cork City and part County 106.7MHz
    Limerick City and part County 105.5MHz
    Parts Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny, Tipperary 103.8MHz
    Galway City 89.5MHz
    part County Kildare 88.1MHz
    part County Wicklow Incl. Bray area 99.5MHz
    part County Longford 99.4MHz
    part Counties Cavan and Meath 101.6MHz

Other recently announced temps due on air:

Dublin:
    Blackrock College Blackrock College and Environs 17th – 21st November 2014 Inclusive 97.3MHz

Limerick:
    Performance Corporation (Beautiful Dreamer) Limerick City Centre 17th November – 6th December 2014 Inclusive 87.9MHz

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Galaxy won't be happy.

thats just tough isn't it. they don't own the frequency, and they aren't on air anyway. stations have broadcasted perfectly on 92.1 from dublin while galaxy which is a kildare station was on air

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Infoanon wrote: »
    There were stations on 92.1 while Galaxy were on air

Cant get nrg in the north east on 92.1, could get on 88.1 , Is it on a low watt tx I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

castle2012 wrote: »
    Cant get nrg in the north east on 92.1, could get on 88.1 , Is it on a low watt tx I wonder

Got a faint signal on 92.1 last night in West Dublin. Then later it was gone. Was still coming through strong on 88.1

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

IT maybe the galaxy crew doing some tests with there new tx as comreg got all the old gear on site 2weeks ago what will they do with that 500watt they got from the galaxy site thats a big lost for them.but thats what happens when your a pirate radio station to bad for all of them its only time be for comreg get to all of them. big coverage will get u close down quicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

nrg on the move to 92.1 is that not the kildares galaxy frequency don't they get in to parts of dublin pretty good when they ware on we know they don't own the frequency but have they not been on it for some time now there Facebook page says back on air in the coming days this will get interesting

nrg on the move soon but not a good idea to 92.1 as galaxy coming back very soon on that frequency as i think galaxy have used that one for quite a time now mr quinn won't be a happy not good idea nrg.

well thats tough isn't it. its a free frequency and NRG will probably be on it before galaxy comes back, so first come first served. one can be not happy all they like, but as they don't own the frequency and are a pirate themselves they can't really complain about another station using a free frequency. if they don't like it, tough. i'd imagine they won't mind either way, and will just find another frequency. surely plenty of them around kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

there Facebook page says back on air in the coming days
    There is no Facebook page that anybody other than you can find! Let me take a wild guess here... are you the owner?

sorry no j not me i have the facbook page up here on my owen page i can put it up here but boards will not let me paste the link the owener is a tony quinn just search for that on your Facebook smarty pants i will pm u it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Got a faint signal on 92.1 last night in West Dublin. Then later it was gone. Was still coming through strong on 88.1

Still on 88.1 tonight despite announcing the switch would happen today, low power (frequency holder?) Is also on air on 92.1

• Advertisement

Strong blank carrier on 92.1 this morning.

Same for Phever on 93.2 - been a blank carrier for a day or two at least.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Strong blank carrier on 92.1 this morning.

Same for Phever on 93.2 - been a blank carrier for a day or two at least.

phever off for the next couple of days for upgrades apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donny_Doppler

NRG are a very professionally run station. For all we know, they may have consulted with the former operators on 92.2 from Kildare.

No they just go over the top of anyone they wish. They may emulate a Licensed Station with their links etc, but they are more of a pirate than others when it comes to frequencies!

No they just go over the top of anyone they wish. They may emulate a Licensed Station with their links etc, but they are more of a pirate than others when it comes to frequencies!

how. the frequency was clear. the station from kildare was off air. neither nrg or galaxy own it. as said they could have consulted with galaxy kildare for all we know. galaxy can always switch on if they are not happy but that frankly would be a stupid thing to do. of course nrg are more of a pirate as they are a pirate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Dance 91.6 with DANCE916 RDS

Found it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deejaymmm

endoftheroad NRG were going over Galaxy a few weeks ago, is was posted on here and they have a history of jumping around the band. Most stations just take the hit when a temp is put on "their" frequency

I don't believe that is true. Until recently, NRG only operated on 88.1 FM. This has been their home for a considerable time.

I don't believe that is true. Until recently, NRG only operated on 88.1 FM. This has been their home for a considerable time.
    i don't buy it either. i don't remember even reading such a claim on here.

deejaymmm wrote: »
    endoftheroad NRG were going over Galaxy a few weeks ago, is was posted on here and they have a history of jumping around the band. Most stations just take the hit when a temp is put on "their" frequency
    quote the posts that claimed it please

NRG off this evening. Phever back but no RDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

NRG off this evening. Phever back but no RDS.

Possibly because a relay of Spirit has appeared on 92.2.

Odd considering that 92.1 is a licensed frequency for use in Dublin.

That's a strong and unexpected relay of Spirit. What area is it meant to cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

its transmitted from Saggart area so Kildare etc..

BTW its the last weekend for current "weekend" 8radio temporary FM licence in the 3 cities, it is on until bank holiday Monday inclusive, the frequencies it is on in Dublin 94.3, Cork 106.7 , Limerick 105.5 would be next used by Xmas FM from the end of November

In Dublin there hasn't been any stations on 103.9-104.3 in a long time. Would a frequency in between these be a good choice for a pirate or is there a reason they're not used?

In Dublin there hasn't been any stations on 103.9-104.3 in a long time. Would a frequency in between these be a good choice for a pirate or is there a reason they're not used?

yes. 103.8 and 104.0 for a start. i think shannonside has a 104.2 transmitter and that can come in clear in parts of dublin?
    realistically the frequencies that can be used now are. 87.6. 88.1. 91.6. 93.2. 94.3 (with a large risk of temps) . 97.3? does get temps but probably wouldn't be suitable for anything apart from a very low powered pirate or temp? 99.1? 99.5 (with a risk of temps) . 107.1. 107.3? 107.8/9? .

Infoanon wrote: »
    a relay of Spirit has appeared on 92.2.

i thought spirits fm transmissions were only for the cities with the rest of the country being covered by am?

a thats way nrg are off so and way galaxy kildare got taking off 3weeks by comreg
    very nice audio out of spirt radio on 92.2 a very good signal can get it 100% in dublin and all over kildare

And nrg off on line too,,,

barryc2010 wrote: »
    And nrg off on line too,,,

Yeah for about a week now.

• Advertisement

whats the bets NRG got a call from comreg thats why the online is off to.

Advertisement