Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

no nrg ware on line on fri i was listen to them on tunein

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

whats the bets NRG got a call from comreg thats why the online is off to.

no . they can broadcast away online. only the fm side of things would be illegal. many uk stations make it difficult for the authorities by claiming to be online only, while broadcasting on fm as well. unless the authorities can prove they are behind the FM broadcast side of things they don't seem to bother going any further then taking the transmitter

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Very odd to kill the online stream while making big FM changes. Now both are gone.

I guess we know a good reason why ComReg took out Galaxy a few weeks ago - they could have been clearing the frequency for Spirit!

Very risky now to be on FM - a relay of any station could appear any day without notice. At least with the temps, pirates had advance notice.

wonder what the point of these relays are, and why now?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Sad to think that a popular, professionally run station catering to an audience with a genuine requirement for a proper run station being taken off air for yet another relay of a station

Parts of NRG's old service area now have access to more Spirit relays than Spirit likely has listeners (89.9, 90.1, 90.4, 92.2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

wonder what the point of these relays are,

well obviously to increase FM coverage.
    They wouldn't be 'relays' in the usual sense of the word, the audio would be fed by intelsat satellite rather than from another FM transmitter

Their website mentions various towns they were planning to extend to

http://www.spiritradio.ie/on-air/where-can-i-listen

"We are working hard to implement the next phase which will see more FM transmitters appearing in many towns across Ireland such
    as: Athlone, Carlow, Clonmel, Drogheda, Ennis, Killarney, Kilkenny,Letterkenny, Navan, Naas, Newbridge, Sligo, Tralee and Wexford."

No doubt there would be people here saying they'd prefer if 4FM rather than Spirit was allowed to put on additional transmitters in places such as Kilkenny Wexford Killarney etc :)

It certainly is a great way to keep pirates off the band without having to raid them!

No word on the NRG facebook page yet about it. Amazingly, they have more likes/followers on FB/Twitter than Spirit Radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I reckon these guys had some serious youth market share and comreg took them out

Antenna wrote: »
    well obviously to increase FM coverage.
    They wouldn't be 'relays' in the usual sense of the word, the audio would be fed by intelsat satellite rather than from another FM transmitter

Their website mentions various towns they were planning to extend to

http://www.spiritradio.ie/on-air/where-can-i-listen

"We are working hard to implement the next phase which will see more FM transmitters appearing in many towns across Ireland such
    as: Athlone, Carlow, Clonmel, Drogheda, Ennis, Killarney, Kilkenny,Letterkenny, Navan, Naas, Newbridge, Sligo, Tralee and Wexford."

No doubt there would be people here saying they'd prefer if 4FM rather than Spirit was allowed to put on additional transmitters in places such as Kilkenny Wexford Killarney etc
    but heres the thing. from what i believe, spirit were to be an am licence, then they got the fm service which apparently was to be for the cities and even at that they were to switch off when am came on. then they got to keep the fm on in the cities, with the rest being covered by am. surely if they are going to have all these transmitters in various towns as well no doubt extending the fm to everywhere eventually then what was the point of the am licence in the first place?

castle2012 wrote: »
    I reckon these guys had some serious youth market share and comreg took them out
    maybe. hopefully they will come back bigger and better. dublin needs a real dance station, all though modern house wouldn't be my thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Spirit FM should be online, no way it needs to be on FM let alone have as many transmitter sites. Regardless of pirates.

There be more a need for a dance station, RTE Pulse should broadcast on FM and Spirit on DAB.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I think they were allowed FM relays in major towns because of the "substantial interference to AM reception in urban areas" or something like that. FM relays for most of the towns in the country will be a waste of electricity (which I presume some of the relays in existance already are).

Anyone know what power the AM service is running these days? No reception day or night in Limerick city (perfect reception of 252 and 198 and foreign MW services at night (eg Manx Radio on 1368 at night) so electrical interference isnt the issue)

NRG on 99.1.

NRG making a big mistake 99.1, right beside 99.2 a legal station. Comreg will be up the mountains to close them by the end of the week

Who's on 99.2? Hasn't 99.1 been allocated plenty of times before for use in Dublin by temp stations?

Rte Lyric on 99.2 on the north side this morning, Can see rte been to happy with a pirate interfering with the frequency,I love Nrgs musice but You d think they would be better to go close to a pirate frequency as apposed to a legal, Thats asking for trouble

Lyric is on 99.2 from Mount Leinster. Don't think this will be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

JDxtra wrote: »

Your hearing Lyric from Wicklow on 99.1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

was in clonanny co laoise today got a station pci fm 108.0 playing old 80s very low power but station only got it for a bit and on the way to dublin i got a very strong signal on 87.6 no audio or rds as yat

JDxtra wrote: »

I think it may be an issue for comreg , very close to a legal. Yes it may be a fair distance away but it is still interfering with 99.2. I'll give Nrg a couple of weeks at most

• Advertisement

barryc2010 wrote: »
    was in clonanny co laoise today got a station pci fm 108.0 playing old 80s very low power but station only got it for a bit

its online as well, heard it last night
    on the way to dublin i got a very strong signal on 87.6 no audio or rds as yat

NLR

I think it may be an issue for comreg , very close to a legal. Yes it may be a fair distance away but it is still interfering with 99.2.

funnily enough comreg have no problem using the frequency for temporary licences. so i'd say its not that much of an issue if an issue at all. tallaght fm used that frequency also
    I'll give Nrg a couple of weeks at most

you do that

pitty mr quinn is out of the business of taking out pirates lo lo
    its not. he grew up.

not a good idea for nrg 99.1 they should just say off till xmas fm go off on 27th December

well 99.1 is free at the moment so may as well use it.
    dance 91.6 is Paul Wilson/easyradio what a waste of esb some one need to get them of 91.6 nrg could have yous that if that nob head ones not on it first he hade ture80s then easy radio now a dance station what a pleb,,,,

doesn't matter who it is . someone doesn't need to get them off 91.6. if someone decides to flip station formats thats their right to do so they are a pirate after all.

funnily enough comreg have no problem using the frequency for temporary licences. so i'd say its not that much of an issue if an issue at all. tallaght fm used that frequency also

you do that

Listen as i stated in earlier posts , I have noting against nrg, I think its a great brand as i have posted in many previous posts including the NRG DUBLIN posts , I would not like to see them been shut, but i would say its a matter of time using 99.1 when Rte are using 99.2 on mount leinster. I listened to rte from the north side today and NRG is clearly and interfering with 99.2. Surely theres a better frequency available ,or as some one posted earlier knock out the rubbish on 91.6fm

well 99.1 is free at the moment so may as well use it.

doesn't matter who it is . someone doesn't need to get them off 91.6. if someone decides to flip station formats thats their right to do so they are a pirate after all.

I think that 91.6 is running off an ipod

Listen as i stated in earlier posts , I have noting against nrg, I think its a great brand as i have posted in many previous posts including the NRG DUBLIN posts

nobody said you had.
    I would not like to see them been shut, but i would say its a matter of time using 99.1 when Rte are using 99.2 on mount leinster.

that would rule it out for temporary licences. yet comreg use it for temporary licences even though RTE use mount leinster on 99.2.
    I listened to rte from the north side today and NRG is clearly and interfering with 99.2.

can you report this to NRG? i might try PM via facebook.
    Surely theres a better frequency available

107.3/8/9 maybe
    as some one posted earlier knock out the rubbish on 91.6fm

why should they be knocked out? they were there first.

nobody said you had.

that would rule it out for temporary licences. yet comreg use it for temporary licences even though RTE use mount leinster on 99.2.

can you report this to NRG? i might try PM via facebook.

107.3/8/9 maybe

why should they be knocked out? they were there first.

End of road agree with most of what you said there. Might try and let the nrg team know. Leave it with me

End of road agree with most of what you said there. Might try and let the nrg team know. Leave it with me

107.4 been used by news talk in the ne . But may 107.2 would be good

• Advertisement

Tonik is on 107.1.

Advertisement