Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Fun radio very low on air. Sounds mono to me also the Retro relay is definition mono..

Checked in the last few minutes and the Retro relay is in stereo - audio is in stereo not just the carrier.

However the stereo separation varies possibly due to a low rate audio stream or the quality of the device being used for the stream .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Listening to fun radio on 5790 khz shortwave, the signal is very strong across Western Europe and Nordics. Good punchy audio cutting through the QRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

tiswasfan wrote: »
    Listening to fun radio on 5790 khz shortwave, the signal is very strong across Western Europe and Nordics. Good punchy audio cutting through the QRM.

I heard Brian Kelly this evening mention additional frequencies including 5790 khz on the 50 metre band. He also mentioned 101.4 FM, which is a frequency that has been used before for an oldies station out south-west Dublin direction if memory serves me right. I noticed there was no relay on 99.5 FM this time.

Brian also said that they were live from Dun Laoghaire, and that the guy after him, Ger O'Reilly, had got his ice-cream from Teddys!

Interesting entry on Energy (Power)AM's Facebook page: Since sunset, good skywave signal on 1395 into southern England (near Reading)

EDIT - Correction: 52 metre band. I know next to nothing about shortwave radio, other than it exists as another aspect of radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Scan via an SDR this evening in Dublin 12 area...

91.0 - Hot FM

Uk3q7h4.png

92.0 - Fun FM (relay, appears to be over modulated)

JlHkTFG.png

93.2 - Extreme FM

xgIxiKm.png

94.3 - Fun FM

T3yPOSs.png

107.1 - Club FM

zAO2yLN.png

JDxtra wrote: »
    Scan via an SDR this evening in Dublin 12 area...

91.0 - Hot FM

Uk3q7h4.png

92.0 - Fun FM (relay, appears to be over modulated)

JlHkTFG.png

93.2 - Extreme FM

xgIxiKm.png

94.3 - Fun FM

T3yPOSs.png

107.1 - Club FM

zAO2yLN.png

The Secret DJ on Club FM? Does that mean that there was a rare broadcast from someone on Club FM?

• Advertisement

The Secret DJ on Club FM? Does that mean that there was a rare broadcast from someone on Club FM?

They play DJ mixes on Saturday evenings. There are no presenters, just 'secret DJ' imaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Fun Fm on Medium Wave and Short Wave also

JDxtra wrote: »

92.0 - Fun FM (relay, appears to be over modulating ]

Fun FM wasn't over modulating when I was listening, if anything it was slightly under modulated.

Dublin 12 would not be their (92fm ) strongest reception area.

It's not Fun FM today. Retro FM (92FM) is being relayed on 94.3FM and 1395 kh. They have done that quite often on a Sunday. Mike Doyle and Derek Jones were presenting today.

The 99.5 FM relay of 1395 kh (Energy Power AM) is not on today. Has that relay frequency moved again?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Two stations with blank carriers today, In Dublin Hot FM on 91.0 & up in the northeast Storm on 104.2

• Advertisement

It's not Fun FM today. Retro FM (92FM) is being relayed on 94.3FM and 1395 kh. They have done that quite often on a Sunday. Mike Doyle and Derek Jones were presenting today.

The 99.5 FM relay of 1395 kh (Energy Power AM) is not on today. Has that relay frequency moved again?

I spoke too soon! Later on, when Retro and Energy AM were doing their own thing, I picked up the relay on 99.5 FM. I don't think it was on at all yesterday when Fun Radio was on,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Club Fm have stopped broadcasting on 107.1fm in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

castle2012 wrote: »

They say on Facebook only Temporarily

john 1000 wrote: »
    They say on Facebook only Temporarily

Club Fm Ceased broadcasting this Morning 107.1 Fm in Dublin Though this Absence on the Fm band is only temporary you can still listen via all our Online Services.
    Tunein Radio app
    Liveradio.ie
    Radiograden.ie
    Radiobox.ie
    Our website www.clubfmdublin.com
    Ask Alexa to Play Club fm Dublin
    So many Ways to still Listen to your favourite Dance Station Club Fm Dublin
    Club fm Is also available via the Free DAB network in Cork as Club radio thanks to the guys @freedab
    We also would like to thank you all for your continued support
    Club fm team.

That’s a pity about Club FM just when they were starting to get it right, same with Pirate FM

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

ExtremeFm have no also closed down on FM. Have Comreg been out and about?

That’s a pity about Club FM just when they were starting to get it right, same with Pirate FM

I would not a agree with that they have it right in my opinion compared to what else is on the band pirate wise

john 1000 wrote: »
    I would not a agree with that they have it right in my opinion compared to what else is on the band pirate wise

Really?
    What station on the band is more professional?

Really?
    What station on the band is more professional?
    Hot defo ha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

fmfan wrote: »

presumably so but that is just a guess on my part.

both are only off temporarily.
    will be interesting to see if hot continues on fm again.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

fmfan wrote: »

From their Facebook account yesterday:

Unfortunately Extreme fm had to stop broadcasting on fm this evening this was out of our control 😥
    This is only temporary and we will be back so make sure you keep an eye on this page for all the updates on the station.
    You can still listen to Extreme FM
    Online for the moment
    www.Extremefm.ie
    www.liveradio.ie
    www.radio.net
    www.radiogarden.ie
    Apps
    Radio box
    Garden radio
    Simple radio
    Our FM radio will be back 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Infoanon wrote: »
    .....almost as ridiculous as Today FM'S 97.3 in Dublin , required due to a null in Stepaside.......discovered after 20 years. ....

I'm assuming when Today FM was on 100.3 in Dublin (before Nova) it was adequate in the area concerned and this 'need' arose after the move to 101.8 ???

Though one might ask was it impossible to locate this Today FM filler in the usual '100-102' subband or else perhaps reuse 105.5 (what had been their only out-of-subband frequency at Clermont Carn) ??

Antenna wrote: »
    I'm assuming when Today FM was on 100.3 in Dublin (before Nova) it was adequate in the area concerned and this 'need' arose after the move to 101.8 ???

Though one might ask was it impossible to locate this Today FM filler in the usual '100-102' subband or else perhaps reuse 105.5 (what had been their only out-of-subband frequency at Clermont Carn) ??

101.8 appeared to do the job without any issues for 11+ years....all these extra frequencies just happened to be the same as NI stations or utilised available frequencies in Dublin - helps with the embargo on new entrants allegedly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

From their Facebook account yesterday:

Unfortunately Extreme fm had to stop broadcasting on fm this evening this was out of our control 😥
    This is only temporary and we will be back so make sure you keep an eye on this page for all the updates on the station.
    You can still listen to Extreme FM
    Online for the moment
    www.Extremefm.ie
    www.liveradio.ie
    www.radio.net
    www.radiogarden.ie
    Apps
    Radio box
    Garden radio
    Simple radio
    Our FM radio will be back 🙂
    Really intresting they both put the exact same note. Just a guess but maybe the land owner got a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Really intresting they both put the exact same note. Just a guess but maybe the land owner got a letter.
    Castle 2012 you are probably Right there i am thinking the same both went off air few hours of each other i ask this question once before and i think there is some link between two stations i
    Feel there might be.
    If so one goes off the other Follows nice solidarity between operators if that is the case Or maybe bolt at same time got letters or some kind of Official activity who knows I would like to think their is solidarity there Between club and extreme by the looks of it there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Don't feed the Gondolas lads and ladies !

The only 24/7 station on at the moment in Dublin is Hot FM on 91.0. They also remained on throughout the summer when the band was otherwise relatively quiet. They were playing an audio loop of a recorded show this morning (approx. 75 mins long), which seemed a little unusual. Back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nikon1000

The Coast FM Tenerife MW relay is back, it has moved from 1494 to 1512kHz.

Chill FM back on 87.6

Hot with low modulation on 91.0

Unid over modulated 94.1 is also on air this Thursday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Gold (UK) a big signal on 1548 khz -- due to a directional antenna "fault" apparently !

Advertisement