Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

JDxtra wrote: »
    Tonik is on 107.1.

107.7 ? Don't think anyone about there

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

99.1 in Killiney/ballybrack is just lyric, no sign of NRG. Not sure how great an idea it is to be there.

Why isn't 107.9 used anymore? I know there used to be a cablelink repeater there, is that still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

Wont be long befor comreg take dance 91.6 & 107.1 tonic of air only 2 stations ware hit by comreg for 2014 but a bet on they wel do more befor the newyear

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

Wont be long befor comreg take dance 91.6 & 107.1 tonic of air only 2 stations ware hit by comreg for 2014 but i bet they will do more befor the newyear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Can I just clarifie for the last time 91.6 is nutting to do with easyradiio nor myself paul Wilson I am tiyerd of my name and easyradio being told are linked with dance. 91.6 and the frequency

• Advertisement

99.1 in Killiney/ballybrack is just lyric, no sign of NRG. Not sure how great an idea it is to be there.

Why isn't 107.9 used anymore? I know there used to be a cablelink repeater there, is that still the case?
    107.9 is two close to baldonel airodome they have an emergency beackon on the 108 mark

107.9 is two close to baldonel airodome they have an emergency beackon on the 108 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

bit funny that paul its coming from the same tx site

Is that the site over in rathcoole that the dogs on the street know ?

barryc2010 wrote: »
    Lol look you think what you like I have spoken two NRG and others over the last few days informing them of the same all I will say is that correct you are it is from the same site that I for one am not paying the bills on I indeed. Gave away the site and any transmission gear linked to the site to a very well established pirate operator in the Dublin area who also operates a station at present

• Advertisement

Lol look you think what you like I have spoken two NRG and others over the last few days informing them of the same all I will say is that correct you are it is from the same site that I for one am not paying the bills on I indeed. Gave away the site and any transmission gear linked to the site to a very well established pirate operator in the Dublin area who also operates a station at present

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

ya ya so who is it derek tonic or i bet it is heat fm or is it just all made up,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ya ya so who is it derek tonic or i bet it is heat fm or is it just all made up,,,
    what does it matter. he's told you he has nothing to do with it, move on. infact why do you care either way, go run your own station and leave the others alone

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

easyradio wrote: »

who says that, or why do you think this ? no such frequency is listed for it. sounds like an urban myth.

There was an X-FM Dublin there for years with no such problems ?

marno21 wrote: »
    Anyone know what power the AM service is running these days? No reception day or night in Limerick city (perfect reception of 252 and 198 and foreign MW services at night (eg Manx Radio on 1368 at night) so electrical interference isnt the issue)

Spirit on 549 is totally clobbered at night in Cork nowadays by a strong Algerian music station on the same channel. Spirit weakly audible on a sensitive radio during the daytime, its weaker than when the same transmitter was the unlicenced relay of UCB on the same frequency some years ago.

Could they seek to move to the now-defunct nearby 567kHz channel ex-RTE, It is a lot clearer at night. They perhaps could be let use it on the understanding they have to move off it again in the (unlikely) event of RTE reactivating 567kHz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Antenna wrote: »
    Spirit on 549 is totally clobbered at night in Cork nowadays by a strong Algerian music station on the same channel. Spirit weakly audible on a sensitive radio during the daytime, its weaker than when the same transmitter was the unlicenced relay of UCB on the same frequency some years ago.

Could they seek to move to the now-defunct nearby 567kHz channel ex-RTE, It is a lot clearer at night. They perhaps could be let use it on the understanding they have to move off it again in the (unlikely) event of RTE reactivating 567kHz ?
    Its the location of the transmitter - 549 is allocated for transmissions from that area.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Its the location of the transmitter - 549 is allocated for transmissions from that area.

A MW frequency can be relocated if there is no international objection.
    I don't see why there would be any international objection with 567kHz being possibly used at that location in Co. Monaghan with the type of power Spirit has. It is even further away (than the Tullamore site that used it) from Spain etc that use 567kHz, and the power would be much less than RTE were allowed.

252kHz LW for example is internationally co-ordinated for use at two locations, the present one and Tullamore

Antenna wrote: »
    A MW frequency can be relocated if there is no international objection.
    I don't see why there would be any international objection with 567kHz being possibly used at that location in Co. Monaghan with the type of power Spirit has. It is even further away (than the Tullamore site that used it) from Spain etc that use 567kHz, and the power would be much less than RTE were allowed.

252kHz LW for example is internationally co-ordinated for use at two locations, the present one and Tullamore

Technically RTE could complain - but more pressing is that Spirit have no intention of adding further AM sites and 549AM , the old UCB TX and site, is only in use as the BAI issued Spirits licence on the basis that AM would be on within 2 years.

107.9 was Alice's Restaurant for a long time too as far as I can remember. There was always a pirate there until a few years ago, no?

107.9 was Alice's Restaurant for a long time too as far as I can remember. There was always a pirate there until a few years ago, no?

The UPC beacon put an end to pirates in Dublin using 107.9 - UPC 'leaked' badly and iirc UPC aka Cablelink obliterated the FM band for a few months during the early 90s.

Belfield FM have used 107.8 over the years.

Under the Geneva 1984 plan and the Comreg frequency plan 108Mhz is for FM sound broadcasting

• Advertisement

yes.. a dance station used it for a couple of years. i think the operators decided to move on to other things

yes.. a dance station used it for a couple of years. i think the operators decided to move on to other things

Not forgetting X FM - strong signal and nice audio.

Not forgetting X FM - strong signal and nice audio.
    very true. all though it had been mentioned all ready so no point in me mentioning it. they still broadcast online all be it off at the moment.

The UPC beacon put an end to pirates in Dublin using 107.9 - UPC 'leaked' badly and iirc UPC aka Cablelink obliterated the FM band for a few months during the early 90s.

Belfield FM have used 107.8 over the years.

Under the Geneva 1984 plan and the Comreg frequency plan 108Mhz is for FM sound broadcasting

Yes there was definitely a pirate on 107.9 think it was a break away from hot fm in the early 00 s in Dublin. But management just closed in the end . I think there is a big problem with 107.9 in the north east . I believe a pirate from Dundalk tried to use it a few years ago but was taking out very quickly , the uk authority a asked comreg to raid it.

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yes there was definitely a pirate on 107.9 think it was a break away from hot fm in the early 00 s in Dublin. But management just closed in the end . I think there is a big problem with 107.9 in the north east . I believe a pirate from Dundalk tried to use it a few years ago but was taking out very quickly , the uk authority a asked comreg to raid it.
    the UK authorities always asked comreg to raid any pirate that broadcasted into the north after a while. i don't know what the story would be these days as they are complaints driven only it seems. all though i think they have a branch based in NI, so they would probably act quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lionpaw

Does anybody on here listen to spirit radio? It's like something from father ted.
    Even if they played Jesus rave like that scene from love /hate it would be interesting ! Give a Licence to NLR Dublin or even rte pulse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Just to clarify some previous posts, Alice's Restaurant was actually on 107.5 FM in Dublin from the early '90s up until the mid '90s. When it was surrounded by hospital radio stations on 107.4 and 107.6, Alice's Restaurant ceased broadcasting and they then launched XFM.

As regards the use of 107.9 in Dublin, XFM used that frequency from the mid '90s to the early '00s. Kiss FM (a name used by many pirates over the years) was the dance pirate that used that frequency from the late '00s up to 2010 or 2011. It has not been used since then as far as I know. One or two temporary licenses have appeared on 107.8, though.

I don't know Declan - I strongly recall listening to Alices on 107.9
    I recall the becon that was on 107.9 causing big interference for them.

IIRC Alice's Restaurant was on 107.5 and then moved to 107.9 - was their a simulcast for a few weeks ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

IIRC Alice's Restaurant was on 107.5 and then moved to 107.9 - was their a simulcast for a few weeks ??

Of course it is possible that Alice's Restaurant was briefly on 107.9, but it was its successor XFM which really got associated on a permanent basis with 107.9. It practically was just a name change and re-launch.

Advertisement