Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

JDxtra wrote: »
    Meant to post this last week, Club were sending track information over RadioText Plus (an enhancement to normal RDS radio text).

Today FM and some other licenced stations do it. This is the first pirate I've seen here do it. The feature allows separation of the artist and song data. On more recent car radios, it can then be shown on the driver display for example.

zCFGd1c.png
    Did not notice this my belief would be that the operation of Club would most definitely be the most professional Pirate wise on the band as i can tell.
    And as i can tell also they have being mirrored by an other dance station on air at present by playing the Exact play list Club Fm is Playing shame on them.
    Club off air today unfortunately but i hope they return later no posts on Social media why they are off but were on yesterday for a short time must be having problems transmission wise

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

COMREG have subcontracted out raids in the past. Perhaps they used a Munster based comms firm in this instance.

For the record, how does one consider Power FM to be "an allegedly unlicenced broadcaster" (sic)?:confused:

To whom has Comreg subcontracted raids in the past? Comreg subcontracts some spectrum surveillance to butler technologies but I've never heard of a subcontracted raid. Any details to share?

In law, all is alleged until proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

To whom has Comreg subcontracted raids in the past? Comreg subcontracts some spectrum surveillance to butler technologies but I've never heard of a subcontracted raid. Any details to share?

No details or names as such to share other than to say that they have used subcontracted comms firms (Such as Butler Tech) for some duties, including a few raids.
    In law, all is alleged until proven.

Correct if we are talking about a prosecution but that's not the case here. In almost every country you need a licence to broadcast and it's fairly simple to establish whether or not one exists for the concerned transmission. If one isn't in place then a raid is a risk and this has always been the case, in Ireland at least.

I don't think there's every been a raid on a licenced station before though Ger Madden came pretty close at one stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Did not notice this my belief would be that the operation of Club would most definitely be the most professional Pirate wise on the band as i can tell.
    And as i can tell also they have being mirrored by an other dance station on air at present by playing the Exact play list Club Fm is Playing shame on them.
    Club off air today unfortunately but i hope they return later no posts on Social media why they are off but were on yesterday for a short time must be having problems transmission wise

From Club Fm Dublin Facebook page posted some hours ago ******
    Sorry you can't hear us on the Fm Band we are having transmission Issues on 107.1 Fm our team are at Present working on this issue we should be back on air in the next few hours thanks everyone for all the messages....
    Club Fm team

They do seem to be having tx problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

From Club Fm Dublin Facebook page posted some hours ago ******
    Sorry you can't hear us on the Fm Band we are having transmission Issues on 107.1 Fm our team are at Present working on this issue we should be back on air in the next few hours thanks everyone for all the messages....
    Club Fm team

They do seem to be having tx problems.

It's available on the Radio Garden app as Club FM Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 dxireland

Galaxy FM off Air today ??
    And Ice radio are also off this afternoon

It's available on the Radio Garden app as Club FM Dublin.
    I listen to club on tunein

dxireland wrote: »
    Galaxy FM off Air today ??
    And Ice radio are also off this afternoon

No harm

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dont shoot the messenger

No harm

I would agree with you 110%
    Look ice only doing what they do best Following what club does
    They are having Tx issues as well maybe whos knows maybe the dogs on street know........

Dont shoot the messenger ____________________________________________

It's a pity retro now are only covering a small area in County Meath they need to get back on a mountain site to broadcast all over dublin again
    Picking them up very weak on 105.2 near the airport

• Advertisement

Ice radio back on today 93.2
    With live shows this evening
    Any news on Club back or Galaxy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Anything happening out there today peeps?

Ice radio is off Galaxy is back on with strong signal
    Over North Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Two stations on 94.3 last night, Charity & Galaxy, was driving back to Dublin from the west and was getting Galaxy from Mullingar to Leixlip when Charity started in take over.

Yes charity FM Three rock side galaxy Kildare mountains I'm picking them up much stronger than before still no sign of club FM or ice back on fm

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Yes charity FM Three rock side galaxy Kildare mountains I'm picking them up much stronger than before still no sign of club FM or ice back on fm

So i believe Club should be back early next week they had a tx Issue on Thursday evening Resulting in a complete failure of there transmission the guys there are awaiting parts to fix the issue but they will be back So a good Source has told me.

So i believe Club should be back early next week they had a tx Issue on Thursday evening Resulting in a complete failure of there transmission the guys there are awaiting parts to fix the issue but they will be back So a good Source has told me.
    I Do Enjoy Listening to Club On Fm No Bull ****. Dance Tunes all Day..
    With Very Tight Progaming Wile off Fm online It is... By Far the most professional sounding Dance Station To Date

Anyone got any figures what's the strongest pirate station fm signal at the present time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

From my location (Leixlip, Co. Kildare), the broadcast from Galaxy on 94.3 is very strong. That may be expected as it's coming from Kildare direction.

Below are some dB level measurements taken on Saturday evening. Galaxy was the only pirate to register in the automatic scan.

ImyaviI.png

How come them guys are as strong as the licence
    Services for Kildare if it's only a pirate very strong figures looks like DAB radio is going to fade Out
    RTE pulling away from DAB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

RTE Pulling out - but thankfully a good choice up here near the border !

https://www.metacafe.com/embed/12183120/dab-play-22-03-2021

kazoo106 wrote: »
    RTE Pulling out - but thankfully a good choice up here near the border !

https://www.metacafe.com/embed/12183120/dab-play-22-03-2021

That won’t open for some reason, No Club or IceRadio this evening, 94.3 was blank with Galaxy RDS

Out on some deliveries this morning just outside
    Carnabreagh just outside Dundalk coming in nice and clear storm 104.2
    Also picking up in parts clear Galaxy fm
    Some nice audio coming through
    Not picking anything else up from Dublin End

Sorry @Dipole Keith - that link does seem broken -- my bad

Its just a video of signals and audio comparisons over a screen share of Well.io on a PC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1drs5wpjp36y9zl/2021-03-22%2016-03-26.mkv?dl=0

Out on some deliveries this morning just outside
    Carnabreagh just outside Dundalk coming in nice and clear storm 104.2
    Also picking up in parts clear Galaxy fm
    Some nice audio coming through
    Not picking anything else up from Dublin End

DX Hound - assume this was last night - no sign of Storm today

Just noticed a blank carrier sitting on top of Galaxy on 94.3 this morning, Galaxy just winning out to me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Nothing on air pirate wise in Cork last night, just some faraway signals. BBCWales 95.9, Radio 1 98.9, R. Pembs 102.5 and BBC R4 104.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

marno21 wrote: »
    Nothing on air pirate wise in Cork last night, just some faraway signals. BBCWales 95.9, Radio 1 98.9, R. Pembs 102.5 and BBC R4 104.9

Until recently, was Power 87 the only pirate that was on?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JDxtra wrote: »
    Until recently, was Power 87 the only pirate that was on?

as far as i can gather yes as true seem to have seased on fm

and the others aren't very regular i believe.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

So what pirates still operate outside of Dublin within the 26 counties?

Here are a few that I know of:
    Radio Star Country, AM pirate - Co. Monaghan
    Radio North, AM pirate - Co. Donegal
    Redrock Country - Co. Carlow
    Storm NE - Dundalk
    RetroNow - Rathoath, Co. Meath (it's not a Dublin station, despite it's main audience! Oh yeah...and not to be confused with Dublin station Retro FM!)
    Energy - Co. Meath (103FM - not to be confused with other Energys!)

Maybes:
    Open Tempo - Waterford City
    AM pirate that relays other stations - Dundalk, if it's still operating
    AM pirate that relays other stations - Sligo, if it's still operating

Advertisement