Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Of course it is possible that Alice's Restaurant was briefly on 107.9, but it was its successor XFM which really got associated on a permanent basis with 107.9. It practically was just a name change and re-launch.
    it seemed to be a decent station in its day, any time i did listen it was rather interesting to say the least. as i said they do broadcast intermittently online but seems to be only pre-recorded shows when they do.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 radioguy

Lionpaw wrote: »
    Does anybody on here listen to spirit radio? It's like something from father ted.
    Even if they played Jesus rave like that scene from love /hate it would be interesting ! Give a Licence to NLR Dublin or even rte pulse ?

While Spirit is quite bad it's nowhere near as bad as Ocean FM. I actually listen just to hear how bad it is. Makes the worst hospital station sound professional. from presenters that can't even read an email to massive gaps, ID's that sound like they are out of the 1970's and a music format that seems to change with the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lionpaw

Picking up a new dance/edm/muck station yesterday and today on 87.6 any ideas ? It may be galaxy kildare playing with his new tx , NLR are on 87.6 for nearly a year now .sure It could be anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Lionpaw wrote: »
    Picking up a new dance/edm/muck station yesterday and today on 87.6 any ideas ? It my be galaxy kildare playing with his new tx , NLR are on 87.6 for nearly a year now .sure It could be anyone!

NLR on air last night, obliterated the dance music station in most areas except Dublin South East.

Not really clever behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Infoanon wrote: »
    NLR on air last night, obliterated the dance music station in most areas except Dublin South East.

Not really clever behaviour.

I think 87.6 is Galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lionpaw

Your right fuzzy,they changed their name to club fm kildare and are broadcasting into Dublin on 87.6 , I was in kildare at 3 pm yesterday and their rds poped up 'club fm ' they were ment to be on 92.1 ?? 87.6 is a quite a busy little frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There was another station from Kildare recently called "the all new Club FM". It was mentioned on this thread at the time.

Maybe they should move to 88.1 and switch off for Christmas FM and any other temps that appear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Just to clarify some previous posts, Alice's Restaurant was actually on 107.5 FM in Dublin from the early '90s up until the mid '90s. When it was surrounded by hospital radio stations on 107.4 and 107.6, Alice's Restaurant ceased broadcasting and they then launched XFM.

As regards the use of 107.9 in Dublin, XFM used that frequency from the mid '90s to the early '00s. Kiss FM (a name used by many pirates over the years) was the dance pirate that used that frequency from the late '00s up to 2010 or 2011. It has not been used since then as far as I know. One or two temporary licenses have appeared on 107.8, though.

I also used 107.9 for a short time about 2 years ago with easyradio coming from south west Dublin I lasted about 15 hours on it before a comrade van with a lovely raised dish on the roof with two wonderful jents arrived at my home with a smaller scanner in hand and kindly informed me that I was interfering with air traffic in baldonel and I was taken out communication on two terminals they new I was on 107.9 two close two baldonel who indeed had an emergency beacon around 108 -05 or 1got away likely as I seen them pull up and I removed tx over another wall think this will clarifie a lot for you guys

As I drive around, there is a a terrible mish-mash on 87.6 of reggae vs dance cheese. I guess NLR are forced to be full time now in order to hold the freq.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

Does anyone have any influence over the operator of the station in Kildare? It would seem that his actions are reckless and will cause further trouble for the sector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Does anyone have any influence over the operator of the station in Kildare? It would seem that his actions are reckless and will cause further trouble for the sector.

Nlr is illegal to isn't it ?

castle2012 wrote: »
    Nlr is illegal to isn't it ?
    it is but they were on that frequency first

it is but they were on that frequency first

Just an observation and I'm no expert . But one is in Dublin and one in Kildare completely different areas

Just an observation and I'm no expert . But one is in Dublin and one in Kildare completely different areas
    very true. however depending on what power a station pushes the signal can travel. so in the case of NLR and the kildare station, the station from kildare (which is realistically only down the road) is putting out a decent signal which is getting into dublin. NLR is low power from what i can gather so the better signal from kildare is coming over it in places. 2 stations which have broadcast areas very near each other which these 2 stations have and are, realistically shouldn't be on the same frequency. it causes a mess and i suspect won't end well

very true. however depending on what power a station pushes the signal can travel. so in the case of NLR and the kildare station, the station from kildare (which is realistically only down the road) is putting out a decent signal which is getting into dublin. NLR is low power from what i can gather so the better signal from kildare is coming over it in places. 2 stations which have broadcast areas very near each other which these 2 stations have and are, realistically shouldn't be on the same frequency. it causes a mess and i suspect won't end well

Its really getting tight on fm . We have these two guys overlapping each other in one frequency. We have nrg overlapping rte lyric.long term I think DAB is going to have to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

easyradio wrote: »
    air traffic in baldonel and I was taken out communication on two terminals they new I was on 107.9 two close two baldonel who indeed had an emergency beacon around 108 -05 or 1got away likely as I seen them pull up and I removed tx over another wall think this will clarifie a lot for you guys

What kind of gear were you using?

that's a military airfield and you were likely putting out a third harmonic that was travelling as far as them as
    107.9 X 3 = 323.7 MHz is in the military UHF airband

I can't see 107.9 by itself (with a clean transmission) being such a problem considering other usage, and distant European stations on that freq can come in strongly to Ireland on skip occasions during summer days

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Its really getting tight on fm . We have these two guys overlapping each other in one frequency. We have nrg overlapping rte lyric.long term I think DAB is going to have to be used.
    If protecting Lyric FM on 99.1/99.2 was so important Comreg would not be licencing temp stations on 99.1 in the Dublin area. Lyric FM is available on 96.7, 98.7 and 95.2 in the Dublin area, and if Dublin signals were that strong in the area of the 99.1 repeater in Co. Wicklow there wouldn't be a need for a relay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 radiomantx

well aren't they both pirates and what I can pick up the reggae station is very small power. It comes in very strong near the rathcoole area and as you head for the m50 it gets very weak then so the station really only gets 2-3 miles. Where the Kildare station must have the bigger power and bigger set up - aerials height etc. And there Facebook page they say testing on small power at the moment will be boosting up the power in coming days. I don't think there too worried about a small reggae station operating from a bedroom.looking forward to the new tv channel (utv ireland)coming on air 1st jan 2015 tv3 will feel the heat

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brandrex

Hi and welcome to bandscan thread ,share the Facebook link for club fm kildare link,thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Whats all the fuss about Lyric Fm, its available on 98.7 from Kippure and 96.7 Three Rock, Tallaght Fm was on 99.1 from Killinarden Hill on 80 watts erp and no problem, once you drive past Dundrum exit on M50 Southbound you loose any station on 99.1 regardless of its power, as Lyric cuts in from Greystones area, 99 1is ideal for West Dublin beaming Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Whats all the fuss about Lyric Fm, its available on 98.7 from Kippure and 96.7 Three Rock, Tallaght Fm was on 99.1 from Killinarden Hill on 80 watts erp and no problem, once you drive past Dundrum exit on M50 Southbound you loose any station on 99.1 regardless of its power, as Lyric cuts in from Greystones area, 99 1is ideal for West Dublin beaming Northside.

87.6 is now Galaxy FM. Wish these lads with pick a format/station and stick with it to build the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

I agreed totally. There is no point in what these guys are doing. Waste of time.,

Tunein/local radio /NLR Dublin

NLR roots radio remain on 87.6 Dublin ,nice online stream.

99.9East Coast FM is on a blank carrier this evening.

Update : Audio restored.

WDAR 96FM - West Dublin Access Radio - ceased transmissions on Friday November 14th after 10 years broadcasting.

Infoanon wrote: »
    WDAR 96FM - West Dublin Access Radio - ceased transmissions on Friday November 14th after 10 years broadcasting.

read that yesterday. surprised nobody mentioned it on here

• Advertisement

read that yesterday. surprised nobody mentioned it on here

Never heard of it , was it a pirate?

Advertisement