Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Interesting to see how Comreg has altered their modus operandi in this case, delivering a letter to the site rather than sending a demolition team.

Perhaps they revisited their covid risk assessment calculations since we last mentioned it here?

Comreg and their predecessors have always used the softly softly approach to encourage, ask or even tell pirates, site owners and advertisers/sponsors to cease activities before taking it as far as raid parties and legal letters and summonses. Invariably it's less hassle for everybody involved and all live to fight another day

In a few cases these don't work and things need to step up to raids and legal letters, which obviously gets messy and bitter. Once or twice before warnings didn't come when a station is seriously interfering on the spectrum; thankfully theses are incredibly rare.
    /antenna wrote:
    Both those transmitters were for broadcast across the border, 103.6MHz to Newry mainly and 104.2MHz to Derry etc.
    (some might call them 'borderblasters' )

In the case of Wild they knew better as they have been prosecuted and raided before. A legal country station had started in the Belfast area on 104.2; there is also a licensed output in Newcastle on 104.2. All being equal, they know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dxireland

They will never give out the big finds the court decide what happens my recordings show only 1 guy was prosecuted in Kildare we won't mention any names and the judge give out €100 fine on this matter

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

I think WILD were on 103.6.
    Also - what stations are the names of the legal country station in Belfast on 104.2, and indeed what station uses this frequency in Newcastle?
    I was also never aware of them being prosecuted either

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

What’s happening out there today lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What’s happening out there today lads?
    This is what I can get...

87.6 Chill FM (blank carrier)
    93.2 Ice Radio
    94.3 Galaxy FM Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭TheBMG

JDxtra wrote: »
    This is what I can get...

87.6 Chill FM (blank carrier)
    93.2 Ice Radio
    94.3 Galaxy FM Kildare

Was out around the Booterstown direction this morning and was getting ABC on 96.0 as well as The 90s on 98.4

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Charity Radio on 94.3 in Parts of Dublin Getting Murdered by very unprofessional Every 15 Second Name tag Jingle Playing Dj on Galaxy Fm kildare what a joke Pirate radio has become in Dublin And surrounding areas jamming Each other just for Fun

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

94.3FM Dublin - Galaxy & Charity radio battling it out, A total mess on a weekend were Hot FM got a visit from Comreg, Sort it out folks.

87.6 Chill FM (Blank carrier)
    93.2 IceRadio
    94.3 Galaxy & Charity
    103.0 Energy
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 RetroNow

Well I think the full time operator

Has the frequency 94.3 fm
    They operate 24-hours a day on that
    Even though they're coming from County Kildare
    I'm not a big fan of stations switching on for 2 days and then switching off to be honest myself
    And then they think they should own the frequency

The charity FM guys should think about moving
    I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

dxireland wrote: »
    I don't think there going to be any match for the Galaxy FM crew I believe they have another mountain site close to tallaght we're just getting ready to switch on and that's going to bounce from the Kildare site to Dublin site when the signal gets weak from Kildare the Dublin tallaght site will kick in
    A good friend of mine told me this information just today

i doubt they would want you broadcasting the location of the site on the internet however.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

I

94.3 is an allocated frequency for Dublin temp stations, comreg may not take kindly to 24x7 occupation with advertising. History has shown this.

kazoo106 wrote: »
    I think WILD were on 103.6.
    Also - what stations are the names of the legal country station in Belfast on 104.2, and indeed what station uses this frequency in Newcastle?
    I was also never aware of them being prosecuted either

My mistake on the frequency end of things; the perils of fasting for blood tests :o

Downtown are on 103.4 from both Newcastle and more recently from Newtownabbey. Wild were of course on 103.4FM and were on 104.2 before that at one stage. On the country station, Downtown Country is on DAB and haS recently been on AM in the evenings.

That aside, Wild still should have known better here.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Get some food - Wild were on 103.6 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kast0r

I think the biggest variables regarding comreg making visits are as follows.

There are plenty of pirates on air across the country, but only one or 2 have gotten a wave from comreg in the last year, most notably wild country, power in Cork and hotfm in Dublin this week.

Why are other pirates not getting hit?

My theory is that plenty of complaints are lodged to comreg from legit stations, they are noted and not acted upon. So, perhaps the legit stations are now informing revenue of the ads. In turn revenue looks at comreg with a questioning face as to why they are not doing 'their job'..

With that, comreg hit the stations that have been reported to revenue because revenue are leaning on them. We all know that if revenue don't get theirs, the government isn't happy.

There are plenty of stations out there that haven't had a knock or a letter and have been on for quite some time.

I could be miles off. But it's just a thought.

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Get some food - Wild were on 103.6 !!!

Go easy on me, I was Hangry ;) :pac:

Anything exciting happening on the FM dial today my friends

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Anything exciting happening on the FM dial today my friends

South Dublin:
    Retro FM was on 92.0 and relayed all day on 94.3. During live broadcasts, it was also relayed on 99.5 FM and 1395kh (AM). Later in the afternoon, the latter two had Energy Power (AM) on.

Picked up RetroNow on 105.2 very weakly.

Briefly picked up ABC on 96.0, again very weakly.

Is Galaxy off Air ?
    I think retro fm & charity & energy power
    Are all the same guys coming from the same location with different Tx,s

Is Galaxy off Air ?

Odd question, especially as you outed yourself as part of Galaxy in your posts yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Dont shoot the messenger

Odd question, especially as you outed yourself as part of Galaxy in your posts yesterday

As far as i am aware dxireland is apart of galaxy and more involved of Iceradio isn't that right mr dxireland

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER

Is Galaxy off Air ?
    I think retro fm & charity & energy power
    Are all the same guys coming from the same location with different Tx,s

Retro FM is not the same as any of the others. It's essentially Mike Doyle and Derek Jones. They have an arrangement with the lads from Energy Power when they are on live on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dont shoot the messenger

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    The grim reaper

You better believe it sunnyboy

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

South Dublin:
    Retro FM was on 92.0 and relayed all day on 94.3. During live broadcasts, it was also relayed on 99.5 FM and 1395kh (AM). Later in the afternoon, the latter two had Energy Power (AM) on.

Picked up RetroNow on 105.2 very weakly.

Briefly picked up ABC on 96.0, again very weakly.

RetroNow were broadcasting on Sunday as well. A decent signal out in the D15 and Meath area but a lack of height isn't helping them.

Also noticed a long lasting and legendary DJ broadcasting was on Chill on Saturday afternoon; yep it was Mr Blank Carrier :)

RetroNow were broadcasting on Sunday as well. A decent signal out in the D15 and Meath area but a lack of height isn't helping them.

Also noticed a long lasting and legendary DJ broadcasting was on Chill on Saturday afternoon; yep it was Mr Blank Carrier :)

I mentioned RetroNow in my post for yesterday (Sunday)!

Is Galaxy on a mission to be raided? Jumping around the FM dial again. 102.5 yesterday and 99.5 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 astragte

Is Galaxy on a mission to be raided? Jumping around the FM dial again. 102.5 yesterday and 99.5 today.

It's looking pretty much like it
    When they started it was on 88.0 a couple of weeks after Xmas fm finished just seem to be all over the band now
    I would of thought the most sensible thing would be pick a frequency away from everyone even other pirate's and try stay under comreg's watch

Jumping around the band won't get you raided
    Actually works out better because very hard to track you down and jumping mountain sites lol
    And by the way whoever said I was connected with ice radio or Galaxy is so wrong I have no connection with any radio station
    I just give my opinion on whats going on
    Maybe they're having problems on them frequencies
    I don't know why are yous guys get so flustered on this
    And I know it takes a number of weeks for them to do a raid on a location so not been dedicated to One frequency or mountain site is a step ahead there's plenty of pirates out there for some reason you guys don't like the guys from Galaxy why is this
    Retro fm
    Charity radio
    Retro now
    Chill fm
    Energy 103
    Ice radio

Are all breaking the law also

I don't see a problem if they're not interfering with anyone I just checked 99.5 it says test
    I don't see anything where it says Galaxy
    But lovely audio coming from them

• Advertisement

Anybody with an ounce of common sense does their homework before broadcasting on a frequency, that includes reading the bandscans here (it's called the bandscan thread so it's not too difficult).

99.5 is occupied every weekend and has been for years. Additionally 99.5 is allocated to temporary stations in Dublin.

Advertisement