Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Report from south Dublin:

When I tuned in at lunchtime, Retro FM was not on 92.0 FM, as it normally would be on a Sunday. As a result, Energy Power AM had its own programming on 1195 kh MW (usually it relays Retro FM's live broadcasts).

I also noticed something curious since this morning. A mixture of oldies was being played on 99.5 FM, but it wasn't relaying Energy Power, as it normally would when it is on over the weekend. There was no ID - just automated music. I heard something similar on Friday evening - a selection of soul music. I have noticed this scenario on 99.5 before occasionally on a weeknight, but never on a Sunday (or Saturday for that matter).

The 94.3 frequency has been quiet all weekend (so far), which is relatively unusual.

EDIT: Update - Later on this afternoon, 99.5 FM was quiet.
    FM seems very quiet in Dublin today.

Checked this morning and not much happening.

Anybody any updates?
    JDxtra wrote: »
    Hot FM on 91.0, power has been restored in recent days. Briefly heard a carrier on 94.3, seemed same as usual transmission.

From outside of Dublin, I can hear the Kiss FM tests on 99.5 and RetroNow on 105.2.

I did pick up a blank carrier alright on 94.3 at one stage.

Later this evening, as I was driving to yet another nice place for a walk (!), The Beach were back on 105.7 playing music. Later, at about 8:15pm, they had a blank carrier but with full RDS displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Robdx

Doing some drop offs today around Kildare picking up KISS FM very strong and very good audio

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Anybody know the story with easy on 88.1 ?
    Signal pretty bad when I was out and about earlier. For a temp license it’s ptretty poor form.

Anybody think differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

charity radio sounds live on 94.3, strong in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Dublin Bandscan from Liffey Valley

91.0 HOT FM
    93.2 Weak Blank carrier
    94.3 Charity
    98.4 90s Network
    99.5 KISS FM
    103.0 ENERGY
    105.2 RetroNow
    105.7 TheBeach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

99.5 is a relay of energy 1395 medium wave as I drive around the city centre, 90s music is good on 98.4 also

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Anybody know the story with easy on 88.1 ?
    Signal pretty bad when I was out and about earlier. For a temp license it’s ptretty poor form.

Anybody think differently?

I'll be in the car later on to see how Easy are getting on; certainly the last few weeks their signal was holding up well and touching into counties Westmeath, Cavan and Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

I'll be in the car later on to see how Easy are getting on; certainly the last few weeks their signal was holding up well and touching into counties Westmeath, Cavan and Louth.

Thanks man!

Defo not off three rock I gather. I’m in clontarf but was in Blackrock earlier and signal was dreadful

Thanks man!

Defo not off three rock I gather. I’m in clontarf but was in Blackrock earlier and signal was dreadful

Just to report back; I had them on yesterday in the car and they were getting out well into the Trim area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 behanator

Just to report back; I had them on yesterday in the car and they were getting out well into the Trim area.

Cant imagine Sunshine being happy with this, is this station offering anything new to the dial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Thanks man!

Very strong signal out my direction (Leixlip). The allocation of 88.1 (as opposed to 105.2) indicates a location that is not over the three rock direction. This may explain why it's not as strong in some parts of south Dublin.

The BAI have become quite slack at updating the list of upcoming temporary stations. There’s no mention of Easy on the current list (last updated in February).

Very strong signal out my direction (Leixlip). The allocation of 88.1 (as opposed to 105.2) indicates a location that is not over the three rock direction. This may explain why it's not as strong in some parts of south Dublin..

The obvious guess here would be Saggart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Very strong signal out my direction (Leixlip). The allocation of 88.1 (as opposed to 105.2) indicates a location that is not over the three rock direction. This may explain why it's not as strong in some parts of south Dublin.

The BAI have become quite slack at updating the list of upcoming temporary stations. There’s no mention of Easy on the current list (last updated in February).

At a guess the issue is the BBC R2 on 88.1 and avoiding interference to it and on the flipside it will cause interference to Easy particularly in Dublin SE and in conditions similar to Saturday.

Easy was coming in here at 37db which compares to others from 3 Rock 》50+ (acknowledging significant power variances )

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The obvious guess here would be Saggart.

Xmas comes from Saggart on 88.1 too so there’s likely an allocation there

Ok DB readings from my k pro
    Location clane County Kildare

4fm 52DB

Kfm 51DB

Kiss fm 59 DB

East coast 99.9 58DB

Nova 60DB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Report from last month of a church radio broadcast system in the west of Ireland (its not more location specific) unintentionally causing interference to the amateur 10m band and other frequencies
    After the issue was brought to the attention of the relevant parish priest the problems got sorted out and the church broadcasts later resumed without the interference issue:

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2021/march/iaru-monitoring-system-in-ireland.htm
    A church in the West of Ireland produced a lot of harmonics from 28390 to 28470 kHz and on several other frequencies due to a fault in the transmitter set up. The interference lasted from the 1st to the 8th of the month. The parish priest was made aware of the situation and advised to rectify the problems. The “Parish Radio” was silent for a couple of days and returned later without causing any more interference, broadcasting only on its own frequency. The problems seems to have been solved

Many of these transmitters (especially at 27MHz) are probably going to die out (or have already ceased ) when equipment breakdown occurs due to webstreaming of services also now being available and taking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

RTÉ radio 1 running announcements this morning of outages on 88.5 from three rock today and asking listeners to retune to 89.1 Kippure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

RTÉ radio 1 running announcements this morning of outages on 88.5 from three rock today and asking listeners to retune to 89.1 Kippure.

Yes retune to 89.1 Kilohertz...... suprised they didn't add VHF...

Picking up All 80s 99.4
    Very close to kiss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Driving through our capital city today. Real lack of Dance pirates, maybe it's due to no nightlife with covid so no gig revenue.
    Big gap in the market for a good pirate (with DJS, not the automatation rubbish)
    Hopefully we some activity with Covid coming to an end.
    Fingers crossed....

• Advertisement

Driving on the southside this afternoon, near Sandyford Business Park and the M50, I picked up a station on 91.6 FM playing chilled dance music. Any ideas who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

A few things spotted: Club FM are on 107.1 this evening. Ice Radio has a relay on 99.5 Kildare. Heard a tone on 91.6 this afternoon while in the car, nothing later when I checked.

A few things spotted: Club FM are on 107.1 this evening. Ice Radio has a relay on 99.5 Kildare. Heard a tone on 91.6 this afternoon while in the car, nothing later when I checked.

Could Ice Radio be using 91.6 as well? They had been on that frequency before.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i think 91.6 was the phever relay, it comes on the odd friday.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Out near Balrath in Meath and pulling in what sounds like a pirate on 108 .. playing dance music .. just disappeared now as I was tuned in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

TheBMG wrote: »
    Out near Balrath in Meath and pulling in what sounds like a pirate on 108 .. playing dance music .. just disappeared now as I was tuned in!

Could that be the one coming from Drogheda? I believe every Friday a dance one in Drogheda operates

Visiting friends in Clonee yesterday and heard an extremely strong carrier on 91.6 with some mains hum on it, anyone else hear it?

behanator wrote: »
    Visiting friends in Clonee yesterday and heard an extremely strong carrier on 91.6 with some mains hum on it, anyone else hear it?

Sorry, just read back and maybe it's phever.

behanator wrote: »
    Sorry, just read back and maybe it's phever.

Yeah Phever on social media were announcing they’d be on FM this weekend

• Advertisement

castle2012 wrote: »
    Could that be the one coming from Drogheda? I believe every Friday a dance one in Drogheda operates

I don’t know tbh .. not a fantastic signal but audible. Ice Radio on 99.5 were very strong too

Advertisement