Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Was just about to ask what happened to nrg? Been off since Thursday I think. Also does anyone know if the guys behind Kildares Galaxy fm plan on putting it back on air at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Was just about to ask what happened to nrg? Been off since Thursday I think. Also does anyone know if the guys behind Kildares Galaxy fm plan on putting it back on air at any stage?

Isn't galaxy now called dance 91.6? We get it the same quality here in kildare as we did with galaxy. Same frequency too?

Isn't galaxy now called dance 91.6? We get it the same quality here in kildare as we did with galaxy. Same frequency too?

Don't think so, pretty sure I had both stations at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Don't think so, pretty sure I had both stations at one stage.
    Correct, they were on air at same time once. The frequency Galaxy picked was less than ideal and they got forced off air. Haven't heard them return.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

As indicated above, Klub FM is now on 87.5. DHR with RDS is now 104.9, no sign of the temp station on 87.9 yet.

Caroline are still on 106.4 seemingly at the weekends

• Advertisement

Dance91.6 shared the frequency with Easy91.6, that could be who you were thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

marno21 wrote: »
    Caroline are still on 106.4 seemingly at the weekends

interesting didn't think they were still going. they have no web presence though

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Dance91.6 shared the frequency with Easy91.6, that could be who you were thinking of.

Possibly. I knew there were 2 there.

Is spirit still going in Dublin BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

marno21 wrote: »
    no sign of the temp station on 87.9 yet.

It was on last weekend, and is due on again Saturday 1st August, and every Saturday 5th September to 19th December 2015, every Saturday from 2nd January to 12th March 2016 (30 day licence)
    They aim to be heard across the greater Mitchelstown-Fermoy area of Co. Cork

https://www.facebook.com/crkfm

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11536148_810151035758853_2030964304533200687_n.png?oh=9020038317fb50dc26274073ca124cbe&oe=5613283D

Possibly. I knew there were 2 there.

Is spirit still going in Dublin BTW?

Yeah spirit is still going unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Yeah spirit is still going unfortunately.

Haha yeah it's defo an acquired taste

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Antenna wrote: »
    It was on last weekend, and is due on again Saturday 1st August, and every Saturday 5th September to 19th December 2015, every Saturday from 2nd January to 12th March 2016 (30 day licence)
    They aim to be heard across the greater Mitchelstown-Fermoy area of Co. Cork

https://www.facebook.com/crkfm

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11536148_810151035758853_2030964304533200687_n.png?oh=9020038317fb50dc26274073ca124cbe&oe=5613283D
    Cheers Antenna.

Thought twas a city based station coming on air, not the Mitchelstown one, will keep an eye out on 87.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Haha yeah it's defo an acquired taste

An acquired taste with about 4/5(might be off) FM transmitters in Dublin which they have no need for. Station should be on DAB or online. Give RTE Pulse the FM TX Frequencies and give Dublin a Dance station its been craving the last 2 decades. RTE Pulse is only one thing I trust RTE to do correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Anyone have any idea when Heat FM is back? It's been off air for a month and a half now

Anyone have any idea when Heat FM is back? It's been off air for a month and a half now
    i was listening last night online, they said they will be back soon . anyone know why they were off?

Very strong tropo in Limerick today, Ocean FM 102.5 and iRadio full strength from Truskmore, in addition to clear Divis & Mount Oriel, and also Capital FM on 106.1 from Black Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

NRG 88.1 Dublin off air

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Update for Dublin:

This is what I have noticed over the last few evenings.

91.6 - station without RDS playing dance-oriented music - Dance 91.6, perhaps?

93.2 - Phever

99.5 - this is a dance station which appears to be testing - no RDS. Could it be the return of Heat?

107.1 - Tonik Radio

I don't know if NLR the reggae station is still on weekends on 87.6 as I cannot pick it up in my area.

nrg switched off for good then?

NLR is certainly on at times. The RDS for 91.6 has been on and off in recent weeks. NRG have been off for a while now. With nothing on it, you can hear that 88.1 is a nice clear frequency.

Phever is unusual - it rarely locks on the radios in the cars I use. Signal is always pretty good, but it has an issue locking in a scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

88.1 shall be used by Christmas FM making the frequency unuseable until after the festive period

The owners posted over on another thread saying it would keep operating . Maybe they where shut down by the authorities

Heat fm on 99.5 fm today in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

castle2012 wrote: »
    Heat fm on 99.5 fm today in Dublin

And sounding great. Loud but great!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

91.6 easy fm

ITV2 wrote: »
    91.6 easy fm

Yeah, can see that now. Just changed today. Dance916 didn't seem to be making a go of it, so I guess they have reverted back to Easy.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Yeah, can see that now. Just changed today. Dance916 didn't seem to be making a go of it, so I guess they have reverted back to Easy.

It must be the same crowd running it , it was called easy radio before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Hi all and thanks for the mention indeed it is ourselfs again we took a year of from broadcasting two follow up on outher projects we managed two get a caretaker In place two keep somaething on air so we went with it so we are now attempting a relaunce with easyradio thanks again

easyradio wrote: »
    Hi all and thanks for the mention indeed it is ourselfs again we took a year of from broadcasting two follow up on outher projects we managed two get a caretaker In place two keep somaething on air so we went with it so we are now attempting a relaunce with easyradio thanks again
    Bed of luck with the project

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'll miss Dance FM :( . Great to just listen to without Ads or jocks talking.

Advertisement