Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I was wondering why Dance 916 had no branding, adverts or social media efforts. This has been explained now as Easy Radio mentioned - it was effectively a caretaker station for the frequency.

In terms of dance music on FM in Dublin, there is still Phever, Heat and Tonik. Plenty of other options for dance music online (i.e. outside the car!) with a multitude of streaming stations and on-demand music available.

For FM, a station really needs to be making a return or have some objective. It’s expensive to setup and maintain – and there’s always the risk of losing it all tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll see Easy make a good effort to bring something fresh to the dial over the coming weeks and months.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

Best of luck to Easy, nice to have something different on the radio and really admire their resilience over the years.

As a dance music fan though, I'll miss its predecessor. They played a lot of classics from the Dublin dance scene that you dont hear nowadays. The likes of Ultracynic, St Etienne etc

JD - you mentioned internet radio. Are there any good stations we mightnt know about that focus on the oldskool??

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

John J wrote: »
    Best of luck to Easy, nice to have something different on the radio and really admire their resilience over the years.

As a dance music fan though, I'll miss its predecessor. They played a lot of classics from the Dublin dance scene that you dont hear nowadays. The likes of Ultracynic, St Etienne etc

JD - you mentioned internet radio. Are there any good stations we mightnt know about that focus on the oldskool??

John, i too will miss Dance 91.6 in the car on FM. Over the last year i've created a playlist called Pulse on Spotify which is basically tracks from 91.6 and Pulse FM 103.2 from years ago.

https://open.spotify.com/user/belfunk1983/playlist/4ByPYddPFMIEhYSLmLdxZl

Well, it’s no secret that I operate a ‘90s dance station - www.classix.ie. Search for Classix on TuneIn, or stream directly from the web site so see upcoming track names.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JDxtra wrote: »
    Well, it’s no secret that I operate a ‘90s dance station - www.classix.ie. Search for Classix on TuneIn, or stream directly from the web site so see upcoming track names.

there is also a club fm 106.4 stream relaying the same output as well

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

there is also a club fm 106.4 stream relaying the same output as well

Yes, that’s a placeholder for another streaming station I was going to setup (playing only club music, and excluding the Pulse FM commercial type stuff). Just haven’t got around to it yet. :)

The streams are the same audio - Club is 128kpbs (a bit more mobile friendly!) and Classix is 192kpbs. All the audio is from lossless sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

all quiet on 91.6 the past few days

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

New station 103.0 in Cork, identing as 'Flash FM' on air. Strong signal in Mahon and by the Dunkettle interchange but nothing in the western part of the city.

Anyone know if there's a reason 87.5 is on blank carrier in the Jack Lynch Tunnel? Klub FM fades (as it did on 87.8) on entering the tunnel but is replaced by a blank carrier on 87.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

marno21 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a reason 87.5 is on blank carrier in the Jack Lynch Tunnel? Klub FM fades (as it did on 87.8) on entering the tunnel but is replaced by a blank carrier on 87.5

< insert underground radio station joke here >

New station 103.0 in Cork, identing as 'Flash FM' on air. Strong signal in Mahon and by the Dunkettle interchange but nothing in the western part of the city.

i suspect that station won't last long?

does the blank carrier stay once you go out of the tunnel at the other side or is it just in the tunnel?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

i suspect that station won't last long?

does the blank carrier stay once you go out of the tunnel at the other side or is it just in the tunnel?

Klub FM breaks in just as you leave the tunnel. I'd imagine if its transmitted with the FM relays on the leaky feeder it will be tunnel only like those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anybody know when xmas fm will be starting back up?

MrMac84 wrote: »

105.5 in Limerick was switchced on on the 23rd of November last year, if you have a pirate and are powering it down for Xmas FM I'd do it well before the 28th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

105.5 in Limerick was switchced on on the 23rd of November last year, if you have a pirate and are powering it down for Xmas FM I'd do it well before the 28th

I agree. Normally they are on at least a week before hand on longplay to "test"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

easyradio wrote: »
    Hi all and thanks for the mention indeed it is ourselfs again we took a year of from broadcasting two follow up on outher projects we managed two get a caretaker In place two keep somaething on air so we went with it so we are now attempting a relaunce with easyradio thanks again

Guys, just some advise. Could you please bring back Dance FM, it was great. Some imagining it could have been up there with some of the best pirates in a fully automated format. It was utter great Dance and good at that. I have been trying to get into Easy but sorry its just not happening, if I want that format I have Q102, 4FM, NOVA, 98FM. I really think you guys are under estimating/valuing that Dance FM had become. It was like a Ministry FM without DJs and IDs when on automation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

TallGlass wrote: »
    Guys, just some advise. Could you please bring back Dance FM, it was great. Some imagining it could have been up there with some of the best pirates in a fully automated format. It was utter great Dance and good at that. I have been trying to get into Easy but sorry its just not happening, if I want that format I have Q102, 4FM, NOVA, 98FM. I really think you guys are under estimating/valuing that Dance FM had become. It was like a Ministry FM without DJs and IDs when on automation.

Have to say I'm in total agreement. The loss of dance and NRG has def got me to use my mp3 in the car and I used to tune from one to the other. Its a shame they where prob the best pirate s on the airwaves over the last couple of years

TallGlass wrote: »
    Ministry FM without DJs and IDs when on automation.

ah good old ministry fm. i absolutely loved that station. really miss it actually. from a time when dance music was still good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

In fairness we still have Heat, Phever and Tonik

Anybody else think that the audio on Phever leaves a lot to be desired of late? Sounds very flat - like a cassette tape is how I'd describe it. Shame really as otherwise it's a good operation.

• Advertisement

Heat off air. Christmas FM on 99.4 now.

Heat now on 107.8 while Christmas FM are on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

JDxtra wrote: »
    Anybody else think that the audio on Phever leaves a lot to be desired of late? Sounds very flat - like a cassette tape is how I'd describe it. Shame really as otherwise it's a good operation.

Their FM signal isn't as strong as it used to be either. Good bit of interference on the north county side

mada82 wrote: »
    Their FM signal isn't as strong as it used to be either. Good bit of interference on the north county side

probably from the welsh language bbc station is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

BBC Crymu is on 94.2 not 93.2

Infoanon wrote: »
    BBC Crymu is on 94.2 not 93.2

i'm sure i've often received it here on 93.2 in the southeast? all though maybe it is a different welsh language station? any idea what is causing the particular interfearence mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Fairly bad again today. Too bad to try and listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

mada82 wrote: »

There's a bit of damage with the weather to the Antenna system it will be repaired this week also looking at the audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

Are they linking on FM too temporarily or is there a relay?
    Could of sworn I heard them on 89.9 or was it 88.9 last week? (Northside area)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Are they linking on FM too temporarily or is there a relay?
    Could of sworn I heard them on 89.9 or was it 88.9 last week? (Northside area)

I also came across this while driving near Liffey Valley shopping centre - 88.9 from memory

Advertisement