Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Pirates on air in Dublin yesterday were Tonik (107.1) and Heat (107.8).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

JDxtra wrote: »
    Pirates on air in Dublin yesterday were Tonik (107.1) and Heat (107.8).

I seen a time there was that many they had to be raided to get them off air. Now there just disappearing off the airwaves anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

"I seen a time there was that many they had to be raided to get them off air. Now there just disappearing off the airwaves anyway"

Funny isn't it - I guess it's just that the last generation of pirate people are growing up (and many gone to legal radio) and there doesn't seem to be a new generation to follow. This mixed with the general decline of radio listenship, the introduction of tempory licenses for hobbists and so many other alternatives such as streaming has left us with the situation we have now.

Will there ever be another Energy 94, Pulse or even NRG? It's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

"I seen a time there was that many they had to be raided to get them off air. Now there just disappearing off the airwaves anyway"

Funny isn't it - I guess it's just that the last generation of pirate people are growing up (and many gone to legal radio) and there doesn't seem to be a new generation to follow. This mixed with the general decline of radio listenship, the introduction of tempory licenses for hobbists and so many other alternatives such as streaming has left us with the situation we have now.

Will there ever be another Energy 94, Pulse or even NRG? It's unlikely.
    Add your reply here.

I see tonik dublin have a massive world wide following . I loged on a couple of times and you can see the countrys who are tuning in. Maybe this is the way forward . A online presence with an fm presence to .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I did a few scans over the weekend around Dundrum/Ballinteer/Nutgrove area and found the following:

87.6 - NLR - on low-power playing reggae. You have to turn the volume way up to pick it up in Ballinteer, but around Nutgrove the signal was a bit stronger. Have they made changes so that it can be picked up in a wider area of Dublin?

91.6 - Easy - Easy-listening (mainly love-songs) - signal varies between low-power and medium-power.

93.2 - Phever - Dance music - quite a weak signal on low to medium power

107.1 - Tonik - Dance music - very strong signal

107.8 - Heat - Dance music - very strong signal

Is Tonik the only one with presenters these days?

Is that the sum total of pirates around Dublin? Any other reception reports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Is Tonik the only one with presenters these days??

heat and phever have presenters, whereas tonik from my experience has few presenters and seems to be on automation most of the time.
    Is that the sum total of pirates around Dublin?

yes . hopefully something new and different will pop up soon. we could do with some more variety. maybe this dance fm thing might return somewhere more permanent, i would like to hear it if its as good as one person stated it is.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Here's what I heard in Dublin this evening...

1) 88.1 - Nineties
    2) 91.6 - Easy
    3) 93.2 - Phever (blank audio)
    4) 107.1 - Tonik

No Heat Dublin on 107.8 or 99.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Heat FM is now back on 99.5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Nineties seems to be gone.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Nineties seems to be gone.
    they will be back soon apparently. according to their facebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Does anyone know the frequencies of UK stations in Dublin? I know BBC Ulster (becomes 5 live during the night) is on 93.1 and Radio 1 on 98.3, I'm just wondering if there's any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Does anyone know the frequencies of UK stations in Dublin? I know BBC Ulster (becomes 5 live during the night) is on 93.1 and Radio 1 on 98.3, I'm just wondering if there's any more.

If you can get the above I'd also expect BBC R2 on 88.7 and BBC R3 on 90.9 . And requiring a very selective radio as they being 0.2 from Dublin transmitters.

The above are from Camlough near Newry

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/analogueradio/Camlough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Cork city yesterday afternoon

Klub FM on 87.5
    Cityview on 97.6
    DHR on 104.9
    Caroline on 106.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Cork city yesterday afternoon

Klub FM on 87.5
    Cityview on 97.6
    DHR on 104.9
    Caroline on 106.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Where's Tonik?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Where's Tonik?

Its been off for the last few days - technical or site issues ?

Infoanon wrote: »
    Its been off for the last few days - technical or site issues ?

Thanks. Nothing even on their FB page

Stream is also gone now. I would not expect them to return.

Thanks. Nothing even on their FB page

their facebook seems to be active little anyway. fill up the schedule and this little station could be great again. i think they will be back myself. we will have to wait and see.

I had noticed over the last couple of days that all was quiet on 107.1 (Tonic) and 99.4 (Heat).Having read the first couple of posts today, I decided to do a quick scan myself while driving around the Dublin 16 area.

So, this is what I found:
    88.1 - Nineties - coming out loud and clear.

93.2 - I am not sure what is happening on 93.2, whether Phever is on very low power or if it is not on and some nearby station is cutting in.

91.6 - Easy - The reception was not great - low-power. However, I did hear someone on-air for a change, so I listened for a bit. He (Paul Wilson, perhaps?) said something to the effect that this was their last day, but would be available on the "world wide web" (his description!).

I wonder did Comreg pay visits/make contact with some of the above.

• Advertisement

I had noticed over the last couple of days that all was quiet on 107.1 (Tonic) and 99.4 (Heat).Having read the first couple of posts today, I decided to do a quick scan myself while driving around the Dublin 16 area.

So, this is what I found:
    88.1 - Nineties - coming out loud and clear.

93.2 - I am not sure what is happening on 93.2, whether Phever is on very low power or if it is not on and some nearby station is cutting in.

91.6 - Easy - The reception was not great - low-power. However, I did hear someone on-air for a change, so I listened for a bit. He (Paul Wilson, perhaps?) said something to the effect that this was their last day, but would be available on the "world wide web" (his description!).

I wonder did Comreg pay visits/make contact with some of the above.

Phever was patchy today alright when available. No heat again either

Wonder will easy go back to being dance 94. Here's hoping

I could just about make out a station at 87.6 this evening around Nutgrove, with the volume on the car radio up high. I assume this is NLR, although it certainly wasn't pure reggae - more like some sort of hybrid music with a dance beat. Although, I only listened briefly as the reception was not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Hi all update on easyradio yes we have ceased all activity on fm in dublin due two spiralling cost which is no longer viable for us to sustain it is with sadness that it has come to this decision to call time their was no comraid activity no site visits and for dance two return that is not possible either thanks all paul wilson

easyradio wrote: »
    Hi all update on easyradio yes we have ceased all activity on fm in dublin due two spiralling cost which is no longer viable for us to sustain it is with sadness that it has come to this decision to call time their was no comraid activity no site visits and for dance two return that is not possible either thanks all paul wilson

sorry to hear that paul, best of luck to you and the crew.

any further update on tonik? heat is off as well still i think.

easyradio wrote: »

Fair play, You did what a lot of people would have loved to have done. Pity yous couldn't keep going. Easy wouldn't have been my cup of tea. Quite liked dance946 if that was yourself too Paul? The no talk and ads format was deadly.

All the best for the future chap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

heat fm back on yet? they advertising the frequency on fb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

heat fm back on yet? they advertising the frequency on fb

No sign of heat or tonik this morning anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

can someone tell me if cityview (cork) or fusion (laois) are still on air?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Red Fred

FrostyJim wrote: »
    No sign of heat or tonik this morning anyway.

Saw a post on the Radio Anoraks page earlier today on Facebook which just said:

"RIP Tonik Radio"

Advertisement