Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

just an update: think there are 12 pirates on the radio now:
    dublin 87.6 nlr 88.1 90s 91.6 dubrock 93.2 phever 107.1 kiss 100 (relay, 6pm to 9am)
    cork
    klub 87.5 97.6 cityview (evenings mostly weekend) dhr 104.9 caroline 106.4 (weekends only)
    laois
    87.6 fusion
    northeast
    storm 104.2
    waterford
    opntempo 105.1
    not sure if my 90s and cityview freqs ar right

no it isn't a pirate anymore but just for info locked into heatdublin this afternoon and audio stream is just a buzzing sound. must've decided to call it a day online too?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

no it isn't a pirate anymore but just for info locked into heatdublin this afternoon and audio stream is just a buzzing sound. must've decided to call it a day online too?

its back working now

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

91.6 RDS has changed to "DUBROCKS" (S added to the end).

blank carrier on 104.2 in Waterford county. maybe I'm wrong I'm actually fully blind so can only go by sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It seems that Dubrocks on 91.6 is in fact mainly a classic rock station judging by a jingle that I heard, despite some slightly more alternative tunes along the way. As I had asked previously (before I began to wonder was it in fact a classic rock station!), is this a first for pirate radio? Also a bit curious when we already have Radio Nova. I take it that this is a hobby-horse thing, yeah?

It seems that Dubrocks on 91.6 is in fact mainly a classic rock station judging by a jingle that I heard, despite some slightly more alternative tunes along the way. As I had asked previously (before I began to wonder was it in fact a classic rock station!), is this a first for pirate radio? Also a bit curious when we already have Radio Nova. I take it that this is a hobby-horse thing, yeah?

ya think its the first cr pirate. i find it interesting the way they grabbed 91.6 when easy left ud think they were waiting for it. i thought when easy tonik and heat were gone i thought that was the end. gr8 to be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

blank carrier on 104.2 in Waterford county. maybe I'm wrong I'm actually fully blind so can only go by sound.

Done you mind me asking how you type this?

Done you mind me asking how you type this?

on a pc :D i use a piece of software which reads whatever's on screen out to me

Thanks I never knew such a thing existed. Could come in handy here in work :)

• Advertisement

i have this special machine to read the frequency. I have to rely on ID's and the type of music to attempt to work out what station it is I'm listening to. The kiss fm relay, for example, I would've been unaware of the other day, so only for looking at the thread i wouldn't've known what the 107.1 thing was. just a bit of background since i brought up the subject of my blindness

i have this special machine to read the frequency. I have to rely on ID's and the type of music to attempt to work out what station it is I'm listening to. The kiss fm relay, for example, I would've been unaware of the other day, so only for looking at the thread i wouldn't've known what the 107.1 thing was. just a bit of background since i brought up the subject of my blindness

That is interesting to know. Thanks. Its not something I ever would have given a second thought to. In my ignorance I would have just pictured blind people pressing a button on an old time radio with preset stations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Infoanon wrote: »
    Kiss 100 London - strong around Dublin South West switches off after 9am

Seems to be a blank carrier on 107.1 this afternoon. No output, just silence.

That is interesting to know. Thanks. Its not something I ever would have given a second thought to. In my ignorance I would have just pictured blind people pressing a button on an old time radio with preset stations

i have a dial radio so have to get a friends car to do a bandscan and trust me it isnt easyto ask sum1 if u can hog their radio to for 5 mins and look for some oul illegal station

Two new arrivals. A blank carrier on 107.1 and a very weak "Super FM" on 108.0 playing dance music.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Two new arrivals. A blank carrier on 107.1 and a very weak "Super FM" on 108.0 playing dance music.

any djs on super

not sure 108.0 is a good choice of frequency? maybe 107.9 would be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Strong blank carrier on 92.0fm across Dublin

another pirate evolution: funny that, none of the Dublin pirates that we have now were there when the thread started. likewise none of the ones that were there then are there now: seems to be a new evolution every 6 months or so. we started off with pdn nrg etc, then onto dance 916 heat and tonik and the like, and now suddenly three (supposed) new pirates are posted up in the space of about 20 odd minutes

any djs on super
    Did not hear any.

• Advertisement

Must have been a special deal on transmitters lately. Lots of activity on the band. Just need 99.5 to reappear and we'll have a full house.

Must have been a special deal on transmitters lately. Lots of activity on the band. Just need 99.5 to reappear and we'll have a full house.

what about 94.3 and 99.1

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

99.5 Kiss Fm was on last night using Jam Jingles, South West Dublin, Dance, 90s, and dj mix sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Ok, but how do you type your posts on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

I thought 92.00Mhz was bad 0.2Mhz away from Spirit Dublin/Naas commuter link but the 108Mhz is taking the piss at least the airport staff AER0NAVIGATION will have something to listen to other than themselves for a few day's before they are raided .

More Music wrote: »
    Ok, but how do you type your posts on here?

same way as u would but with keyboard commands instead of a mouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

noticed that one or two of what were tonik radio djs were on heat (online stream) during the week, tonik must be gone but heat seems to be still around despite being off air

noticed that one or two of what were tonik radio djs were on heat (online stream) during the week, tonik must be gone but heat seems to be still around despite being off air

tonik is gone sadly. some of its former djs have been taken on by heat, hopefully more will appear somewhere soon.

have their been any developments with the new arrivals today?

• Advertisement

108.0 was off air this morning, I'll check it again later. Signal was quite poor though - did anybody else pick it up? I could pick it up in the car between Maynooth and Lucan.

Advertisement