Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

92.0 is identifying as Naughty.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

99.5 also on Kiss Fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Rock Solid wrote: »
    99.5 also on Kiss Fm

that 24/7? seem to be online as well, well don't know if it's the same one am not in Dublin
    http://www.kissfmdublin.com

that 24/7? seem to be online as well, well don't know if it's the same one am not in Dublin
    http://www.kissfmdublin.com

Seems to be automated using Jam Jingles from Kiss Fm in the 80s, then switches to Kiss London overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JDxtra wrote: »
    92.0 is identifying as Naughty.
    Seems to be playing a mix from 00-present unlike the noughty that was online a while back.
    99.5 also on Kiss Fm
    Nothing on that in west Dublin. Where are you picking it up?

Done a fresh scan and surprised to hear the no.1 FM stream is still broadcasting on 105.7 in around my area. It's such a weak signal I always wondered why they bothered. Must only broadcast for a radius of a couple of miles.

• Advertisement

picked up the following stations in dublin:
    90s
    dubrocks
    naughty
    phever
    silent carrier on 107.1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

picked up the following stations in dublin:
    90s
    dubrocks
    naughty
    phever
    silent carrier on 107.1

So, is this the current lineup around Dublin?

87.6 - NLR - assuming that it is still on weekends from West Dublin

88.1 - Nineties

91.6 - Dubrocks

92.0 - Naughty

93.2 - Phever

99.5 - Kiss FM

105.7 - No. 1 - Did that go away for a while and only come back recently?

107.1 - a silent carrier - is that Tonik not fully gone or is it a new one on the way?

108.0 - Super FM - assuming that this is not gone again.

On the use of 92.0, when was the last time that a Dublin pirate actually used that exact frequency?

So, is this the current lineup around Dublin?

87.6 - NLR - assuming that it is still on weekends from West Dublin

88.1 - Nineties

91.6 - Dubrocks

92.0 - Naughty

93.2 - Phever

99.5 - Kiss FM

105.7 - No. 1 - Did that go away for a while and only come back recently?

107.1 - a silent carrier - is that Tonik not fully gone or is it a new one on the way?

108.0 - Super FM - assuming that this is not gone again.

On the use of 92.0, when was the last time that a Dublin pirate actually used that exact frequency?

tonik is gone yes nlr are still around, naughty are the strongest right now

tonik is gone yes nlr are still around, naughty are the strongest right now

neverv got super or kiss got nlr weak on the way out of dublin

neverv got super or kiss got nlr weak on the way out of dublin

Same here, where is kiss and super broadcasting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

I've been listening to Naughty for most of the day, there's a fair few new tunes blended in with some old ones too, it's a pretty decent mix of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I've been listening to Naughty for most of the day, there's a fair few new tunes blended in with some old ones too, it's a pretty decent mix of music.

but isn't the format of old and new covered by the licenced stations all ready? i'm thinking it should stick to playing 2000s hits, which would complament the non stop 90s station. but thats just my opinion.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

but isn't the format of old and new covered by the licenced stations all ready? i'm thinking it should stick to playing 2000s hits, which would complament the non stop 90s station. but thats just my opinion.

I like it, the problem with nineties is as its only 10 years of music its already getting repetitive. At least if they have another 5 years to choose from noughty might not fall into that trap.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I like it, the problem with nineties is as its only 10 years of music its already getting repetitive. At least if they have another 5 years to choose from noughty might not fall into that trap.

i disagree. there was plenty of music released back in the 90s and 2000s, much of which does not get air play dispite being known (and i'm not talking about the junk) . not only are there plenty of tracks to choose from which would fit into the formats, but if playlisted would remove the repetitiveness. a decades station doesn't have to be the same few tracks over and over again, a nice wide playlist can be got and it doesn't have to be filled with obscure unknown tracks.

i disagree. there was plenty of music released back in the 90s and 2000s, much of which does not get air play dispite being known (and i'm not talking about the junk) . not only are there plenty of tracks to choose from which would fit into the formats, but if playlisted would remove the repetitiveness. a decades station doesn't have to be the same few tracks over and over again, a nice wide playlist can be got and it doesn't have to be filled with obscure unknown tracks.

True, they could increase their playlist and they will have to if they plan on staying around for a while. Just listening to noughty again this morning and it seems to be just playing pop. A lot less hip hop, r&b, random dance tunes from the 00s that they were playing back when they were online. I wonder is it the same people behind it or just someone who liked the name?

is it the same people behind it or just someone who liked the name?

probably someone who liked the name, it is a good one in fairness. short, memorable, and does exactly what it says on the tin

probably someone who liked the name, it is a good one in fairness. short, memorable, and does exactly what it says on the tin

Seems the naughty that is on FM now is actually spelt naughty as opposed to noughty. Makes sense if they are playing tracks from 2015 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

I thought 92.00Mhz was bad 0.2Mhz away from Spirit Dublin/Naas commuter link but the 108Mhz is taking the piss at least the airport staff AER0NAVIGATION will have something to listen to other than themselves for a few day's before they are raided .
    Jesus mick a few days that wont happen less than 24hours I tryed that on 107.9 2years agao and they were at my door that night

easyradio wrote: »
    Jesus mick a few days that wont happen less than 24hours I tryed that on 107.9 2years agao and they were at my door that night

Just curious, if they can be at your door within a few hours how come they don't bust all pirates within a few days. I imagine tracking someone using 107.9 would be as easy/hard for them as tracking someone using 88.1, 92.0 no?

Just curious, if they can be at your door within a few hours how come they don't bust all pirates within a few days. I imagine tracking someone using 107.9 would be as easy/hard for them as tracking someone using 88.1, 92.0 no?

and yet kiss/ice/system and before that x fm operated away on 107.9 for years with no problem, dispite an ntl beacon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

and yet kiss/ice/system and before that x fm operated away on 107.9 for years with no problem, dispite an ntl beacon.

We do not know the full story here. "Easyradio " was on 107.9. This was in south-West Dublin apparently where listeners to Newstalk could be on 107.6 (instead of 106.0 elsewhere in Dublin) ?? - if "Easyradio " was transmitting in a residential area there's very likely "bleedover" problems in the vicinity on a station just 0.3MHz away on 107.6 , especially on radios with dial tuning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

air trafic control baldonel have an emergency becon with comeing out of tallaght with 250 watts thats enough two bring them out I was right on top of them from tallaght was interfering with their emergacey chanel thats why they came iut they had two find and shut down my transmission on 107.9

cork city
    klub
    cityview
    caroline
    dhr
    any one no if hazard is still around and if there are any pirates in kerry these days

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

cork city
    klub
    cityview
    caroline
    dhr
    any one no if hazard is still around and if there are any pirates in kerry these days
    Beat FM in Tralee, 104.8 from TX in town. Coverage is reasonable in town but fades rapidly once you get outside the town. Signal is mono, RDS is "beat-fm_", EON flag is also turned on.

marno21 wrote: »
    Beat FM in Tralee, 104.8 from TX in town. Coverage is reasonable in town but fades rapidly once you get outside the town. Signal is mono, RDS is "beat-fm_", EON flag is also turned on.

how about dag

91.6 Blank carrier today, 92.0 off air, 93.2 on, 107.1 on blank carrier but stay tuned, 99.5 off was on last night.

how about dag

that was a station years ago i think. long gone i'd say

that was a station years ago i think. long gone i'd say

thanks memo: never rely on wikipedia for todays irish pirates

91.6 Blank carrier today, 92.0 off air, 93.2 on, 107.1 on blank carrier but stay tuned, 99.5 off was on last night.

Dubrocks and naughty didn't last long did they. Am yet to actually catch kiss on air.

• Advertisement

Dubrocks and naughty didn't last long did they. Am yet to actually catch kiss on air.

to be fair dubrocks was a good station. naughty was 2fm without talk

Advertisement