Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

to be fair dubrocks was a good station. naughty was 2fm without talk
    naughty was just a test we decided it was two commercial eg 104/98 we will be back with a totaly different out look in the comeing days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

easyradio wrote: »
    naughty was just a test we decided it was two commercial eg 104/98 we will be back with a totaly different out look in the comeing days
    was that u guys? what do u plan to come back with

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Probably a classical pirate station or County music, ya just wouldn't know seems to change like the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Probably a classical pirate station or County music, ya just wouldn't know seems to change like the weather!

A classical pirate lol, i would have heard it all then!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 80s

How about an oldies station with some rare songs from the 70s and 80s.That would be great.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    A classical pirate lol, i would have heard it all then!

Great another lyric, and while theyre at it they can set up a news pirate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

How about Various FM? You could do something different every day of the week without all the hassle of re-branding!

Maybe a religious pirate station or sports pirate, even perhaps a pirate ship in the Liffey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Maybe a religious pirate station or sports pirate, even perhaps a pirate ship in the Liffey

I'd also be in favour of a religious pirate. If you can't get any priests on board, you can say mass yourself. God, I love a good mass!

some group of lads go out fishing. ' excuse me could you please move your lines? im trying to play me oul reggae vinyl'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Or just bring back Dance FM with some imagining/branding similar to 90s and youll be onto a winner.

whats on in dublin now apart from nlr and phever

whats on in dublin now apart from nlr and phever

Just NINETIES.

Edit:seems nineties is coming through on 88.1 and 107.1 also now. Weaker signal and no RDS on 107.1

Just NINETIES.

Edit:seems nineties is coming through on 88.1 and 107.1 also now. Weaker signal and no RDS on 107.1

NINETIES on 88.1 and 107.1 audio on the 107.1 lower than 88.1.'KISS Fm on 99.5 with Rds

107.1 sounds like a relay of the FM broadcast (i.e. a tuner at the site plugged into the TX). So, it doesn't sound great.

The RDS does come through but this is a problem. Cars can tune to 107.1 automatically as you drive around. Happened to me this evening.

JDxtra wrote: »
    107.1 sounds like a relay of the FM broadcast (i.e. a tuner at the site plugged into the TX). So, it doesn't sound great.

The RDS does come through but this is a problem. Cars can tune to 107.1 automatically as you drive around. Happened to me this evening.

waste of freq

any1 no if hazard north cork still on?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Will check that at the weekend.

The 2 pirates closest to me and you've showed me up by showing I've forgotten about them. :)

marno21 wrote: »
    Will check that at the weekend.

The 2 pirates closest to me and you've showed me up by showing I've forgotten about them. :)

if u in cork city u should have klub (though that can pop up anywhere), cityview with the mad presenter, dhr and caroline catering for those who like anything from a top 100 of 1974 tape to a random relay of some junk station no1s ever heard of caus every1 is different :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

if u in cork city u should have klub (though that can pop up anywhere), cityview with the mad presenter, dhr and caroline catering for those who like anything from a top 100 of 1974 tape to a random relay of some junk station no1s ever heard of caus every1 is different :)

I live out in the county, closer to the one in Tralee and the one in Mallow.

Klub is receivable on high ground around here, the other 3 aren't (not that Cityview would anyway with Radio Kerry on 97.6)

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    I live out in the county, closer to the one in Tralee and the one in Mallow.

Klub is receivable on high ground around here, the other 3 aren't (not that Cityview would anyway with Radio Kerry on 97.6)

i can pick up klub as far out as (dont no if ur familiar) rural waterford beyond youghal with rds even

NINETIES on 88.1 and 107.1 audio on the 107.1 lower than 88.1.'KISS Fm on 99.5 with Rds

Where part of Dublin are you in? Kiss must only broadcast for a few hours a night. What's the point?

Phever now broadcasting on 91.6 and 93.2 in dublin. Why all the dual broadcasts? Just to spread the station reach?

Dublin:
    87.6. NLR
    88.1 NINETIES
    91.6 PHEVER
    93.2 PHEVER
    107.1 NINETIES

Could be unofficial relays?

Could be unofficial relays?

Could be but why would anyone relay a station that is already available to all in Dublin?

Could be but why would anyone relay a station that is already available to all in Dublin?
    Maybe they don't have any links setup yet and want to test their signal with some audio?

Just checked there. My guess is 91.6 is an official relay of Phever. Sounds pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Just checked there. My guess is 91.6 is an official relay of Phever. Sounds pretty good.

PHever is sounding very good on 91.6 with a much clearer signal

Infoanon wrote: »
    PHever is sounding very good on 91.6 with a much clearer signal

they need it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd say its the guys messing around on 91.6 they can't seem to stick to a format/station. Which is a pitty, what a waste of a great signal and clear audio.

Advertisement