Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Heat back on 99.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

JDxtra wrote: »
    Heat back on 99.5.

good to hear wish the others would stop using 2 freqs each

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

JDxtra wrote: »
    Heat back on 99.5.

Loud and clear!

Who are the other pirates in Dublin at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Loud and clear!

Who are the other pirates in Dublin at the moment?
    NLR - 87.6
    Nineties - 88.1, relay on 107.1
    Phever - 93.2, relay on 91.6
    Heat - 99.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

What's going on in south Dublin today? In between listening to other stations, I did quick scans this morning and this evening in the car.

Nineties is still on 88.1 and 107.1, but the power is more variable and definitely not as good as previously and there is no RDS.

This morning I barely picked up something on 91.6 and nothing on 93.2 - Phever I assume. However, there was nothing at all this evening.

Heat seems to be gone again from 99.5.

So, that leaves one station on two frequencies last time I checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

power fm and jazz fm would certainly be worthy candidates for community of interest licences in my opinion.

Power FM is still plugging away on t'internet:
    http://www.powerfm.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

loyatemu wrote: »

oh i know.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

exactly how far can klub fm Cork be picked up I seem to be able to pick it up here there and everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

and thee 1700 band you mentioned, what is the name of the band

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM_expanded_band

Antenna wrote: »
    I can't believe I never heard of this AM expanded band before!

The latest situation in Dublin was as follows this evening, at least around Stillorgan when I had a brief listen :

88.1 - Nineties - back on full power again with RDS
    91.6 - Phever - on low-power - reception variable
    93.2 - Phever - on very low-power! - barely audible
    107.1 - Nineties - on low-power, but reasonably audible

As I asked in my previous post, what is going on at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

heat was back on 99.5 too last night, haven't checked to see if it's still there this morning

heat was back on 99.5 too last night, haven't checked to see if it's still there this morning

ya still on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

A few days ago whilst in the area I picked up a church radio transmission from the church at Kilbehenny village (southeast edge of Co. Limerick) on 106.5.

i think this is the list of fm pirates on air by longest running:
    caroline
    cityview
    beat 2000
    storm 29 01 2002
    opentempo 2010
    klub 2013
    phever
    nlr
    dhr
    heat
    90s 2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

i think this is the list of fm pirates on air by longest running:
    caroline
    cityview
    beat 2000
    storm 29 01 2002
    opentempo 2010
    klub 2013
    phever
    nlr
    dhr
    hea
    90s 2016
    92.0 fm soulcity dublin

easyradio wrote: »
    92.0 fm soulcity dublin

when was that launched? must've been in the last 7 hours because i was in dublin this afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

when was that launched? must've been in the last 7 hours because i was in dublin this afternoon
    it came on at about 2pm today

congrats

New station? Spoilt for choice now, what's leading this glorious resurgence?

loyatemu wrote: »

Is jazz fm on the Internet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Is Tonik FM gone? I cant seem to find it anymore. I miss listening to the calls of "Deano and the lads having a few cans" at 10 am in some field in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

New station? Spoilt for choice now, what's leading this glorious resurgence?

the thing is it's not really a resurgence. we have always had a good few stations on air in dublin, even after the dying down of the aftermath of the 03 raids. of course its nothing like the early 2000s and before but with lack of frequencies, we will see nothing like those times again sadly.
    zorro2566 wrote: »
    Is jazz fm on the Internet?

no i'm afraid.
    newacc2015 wrote: »
    Is Tonik FM gone? I cant seem to find it anymore. I miss listening to the calls of "Deano and the lads having a few cans" at 10 am in some field in Tallaght.

yes . i liked tonik as well, it was like a little landmark on the dublin airwaves. they had a good run at it though, fair play.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the thing is it's not really a resurgence. we have always had a good few stations on air in dublin, even after the dying down of the aftermath of the 03 raids. of course its nothing like the early 2000s and before but with lack of frequencies, we will see nothing like those times again sadly.

no i'm afraid.

yes . i liked tonik as well, it was like a little landmark on the dublin airwaves. they had a good run at it though, fair play.

I'm only in Dublin a few years so it was mostly shortwave or the rare time there'd be a mw pirate on

picked these up on a high point in tramore today, most with rds on 1 freq and weak on multiple others:
    bbc radio 1 to 4, and bbc's cornwall, devon and wales. something with rds r.pembs must've been in pembrook and a welsh or french thing. was near the sea, the main freqs were crystal with rds, think i got classic fm at some point as well and heart though i didnt hear the name clear enough to be certain.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

picked these up on a high point in tramore today, most with rds on 1 freq and weak on multiple others:
    bbc radio 1 to 4, and bbc's cornwall, devon and wales. something with rds r.pembs must've been in pembrook and a welsh or french thing. was near the sea, the main freqs were crystal with rds, think i got classic fm at some point as well and heart though i didnt hear the name clear enough to be certain.

R. Pembs if 102.5 is from Haverfordwest on the west coast of Wales. Same TX as BBCs on 89.3, 91.5, 93.7, 98.9, Radio Wales on 95.9 and Radio 4 on 104.9. All are 20kW.

In periods of high pressure, Radio 4 on 104.9 is usually the first to appear in Cork, the rest are more difficult to pick up due to RTE from Spur Hill and C103 on 102.6

nothing to do with it but picked up klub fm in killmackthomas near dungarvan town in waterford clear but with no rds

When I heard Soulcity first, it was on 91.9. The next time I heard it, it had moved to 92.0!

does anyone know of a hack or something that I could get my radio to get 87.5 as it starts on 88?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

I noticed today my car radio switching between 88.1 and 107.1 for Nineties, the audio on 88.1 is lower in modulation, annoying as my radio wouuldn't locked on either frequency. (Dublin 8/10 area).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ITV2 wrote: »
    I noticed today my car radio switching between 88.1 and 107.1 for Nineties, the audio on 88.1 is lower in modulation, annoying as my radio wouuldn't locked on either frequency. (Dublin 8/10 area).

NINETIES are moving to 107.1.

Heard it mentioned between songs this morning. They have a liner,jingle, whatever you call it to let people know. Probably makes sense since tonik is gone and they won't have to take any breaks for Xmas FM etc.

Advertisement