Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

does anyone have any idea if hazard is still on air? don't think so but want to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Phever has been off air all day - both 91.6 and 93.2 - no carrier

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Infoanon wrote: »
    Phever has been off air all day - both 91.6 and 93.2 - no carrier

93.2 is down for maintenence apparently. they might have decided to do their 91.6 transmitter as well?
    can 91.6 and 93.2 cover all of dublin or are they restricted in terms of coverage?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

93.2 is down for maintenence apparently. they might have decided to do their 91.6 transmitter as well?
    can 91.6 and 93.2 cover all of dublin or are they restricted in terms of coverage?
    Wonder if I could relaunce easy now back on 91.6 mmm might just do so concidering it has been my freq for so many the years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Pirates don't own any frequencies.

• Advertisement

is anyone a bit sick of phever? I feel there's a bit of a sameness in everything they play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

easyradio wrote: »
    Wonder if I could relaunce easy now back on 91.6 mmm might just do so concidering it has been my freq for so many the years

Did it not only go off air recently because it was costing too much to run? Are you also behind soulcity?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Did it not only go off air recently because it was costing too much to run? Are you also behind soulcity?
    forget what I last put up and no nutting two do with 92fm

or relaunch dance 91.6?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

or relaunch dance 91.6?

That's the best idea

• Advertisement

easyradio wrote: »
    forget what I last put up and no nutting two do with 92fm

But you where behind noughty 92 as per a previous post ? With plans to start a different genre of music as per previous posts ? How advanced are those plans ?

My opinion would be to stick with what you know and have a passion for. If that's just broadcasting, then let somebody else run the content. Don't be jumping between genres.

or relaunch dance 91.6?
    Classix.ie will provide you with non-stop '90s dance uninterrupted with an Irish twist. Completely non-commercial and waffle free.

Plus all the tunes are sourced and played out in very high quality. Thousands of tracks in the playlist... and unlike some other stations, not one single rip from YouTube!

But you where behind noughty 92 as per a previous post ? With plans to start a different genre of music as per previous posts ? How advanced are those plans ?
    those plans have been shelved for the foreseeable future

any pirates on non fm bands right now in ireland? including ones that arent in ireland but can be picked up over here

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

any pirates on non fm bands right now in ireland? including ones that arent in ireland but can be picked up over here

Checked for you yesterday and Hazard was on air at approx 11am on 106.5FM

marno21 wrote: »

thanks was good of you,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Probably short wave pirates on a Sunday

then corks current situation:
    klub 87.5 all over
    cityview low power in cork city 97.6
    dhr 104.9 city
    caroline 106.4 city
    hazard 106.5 city
    we're on a level with dublin :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

then corks current situation:
    klub 87.5 all over
    cityview low power in cork city 97.6
    dhr 104.9 city
    caroline 106.4 city
    hazard 106.5 city
    we're on a level with dublin :)
    Hazard is Mallow, town and environs only, power is not too strong and Mallow town is low so not the best spot for transmitting from anyway.

• Advertisement

Hazard is Mallow, town and environs only, power is not too strong and Mallow town is low so not the best spot for transmitting from anyway.

if you don't mind me asking where are you from and what can you pick up there

if you don't mind me asking where are you from and what can you pick up there

I'm from the north west of the county, no pirates receivable here but Beat 104.8 Tralee and Hazard can be received on high ground near here.

In general terms:
    88.4/90.6/92.8/98.0 - RTE - Knockmoyle
    89.2/91.4/93.6/98.8 - RTE - Spur Hill (weak)
    90.0/92.2/94.4/99.6 - RTE - Mullaghanish
    95.4 - 4FM - Nowen Hill
    95.8 - 96FM - Nowen Hill
    96.1 - 96FM - Mt Hillary
    96.6 - Kerry - Killarney
    97.0 - Kerry - Mullaghanish
    97.2 - Kerry - Knockmoyle
    97.4 - 4FM - Bweeng
    97.6 - Kerry - Knockanore
    100.2 - Today FM - Knockmoyle
    101.0 - Today FM - Spur Hill
    101.8 - Today FM - Mullaghanish
    102.5 - Spin South West - Knockmoyle
    102.9 - Spin South West - Killarney
    103.3 - C103 West - Nowen Hill
    103.7 - C103 North - Mount Hillary
    104.5 - RedFM - Nowen Hill
    105.2 - RedFM - Kinsale
    105.7 - RedFM - Corran Mtn
    107.0 - Newstalk - Corran Mtn
    107.2 - Newstalk - Knockmoyle
    107.4 - Newstalk - Mullaghanish

I can't remember which it is I think phever is linked with either ministry or play, one of their fb's were promoting can't remember which was a while back.

Is there anyone who would choose fm over online? I would myself anyday.

I can't remember which it is I think phever is linked with either ministry or play, one of their fb's were promoting can't remember which was a while back.

it is linked with neither. possibly some of the djs from those former stations might be on there but that is all.
    Is there anyone who would choose fm over online? I would myself anyday.

not a chance. online gives choice and is convenient for me. i don't own an fm radio and haven't for a long time, i probably won't any more.

I find analog sound inherently more comforting to listen to over digital, so I would choose it anyday. Analog also consumes less power, and is easier to receiver than digital. Listening to digital stations is much more tedious imo.

I find analog sound inherently more comforting to listen to over digital, so I would choose it anyday. Analog also consumes less power, and is easier to receiver than digital. Listening to digital stations is much more tedious imo.

same i also find fm more authentic, i have to listen online at home because not much more than the national stations here. i dont no i just dont get much pleasure out of turning on a laptop going into a websitefiddle for a good player 'oh i have it finally' then 10 minutes in comes to a halt and then buffers for a few weeks, agree analog sound is better and fm is more convenient, its a bit like comparing vinyl and digital download

88.1 in Dublin is now a message to return to 107.1 for your favourite station (No RDS for obvious reasons)

93.2 is now back on with Phever - audio has been improved

There was a relay of 8 Radio on 101.2 on Easter Monday - very weak - possibly a 'hobby' station that was on 101.4 at one stage (until 10.7 was raised as a potential issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

88.1 in Dublin is now a message to return to 107.1 for your favourite station (No RDS for obvious reasons)

93.2 is now back on with Phever - audio has been improved

There was a relay of 8 Radio on 101.2 on Easter Monday - very weak - possibly a 'hobby' station that was on 101.4 at one stage (until 10.7 was raised as a potential issue)

So 101.2 is a frequency that could be used by a pirate in Dublin? It's amazing no-one has thought of using it before this.

So 101.2 is a frequency that could be used by a pirate in Dublin? It's amazing no-one has thought of using it before this.

Weakly. 101.3 in Greystones and 100.9 are close

105.2 will be available soon, a pretty good choice by all accounts

Isn't 101.3 used by a radio station at Tallaght IT also?

• Advertisement

What exactly is the point of relaying a station

Advertisement