Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

JDxtra wrote: »
    Well, I could not hear it. Rince was loud and clear on 88.1.

I briefly heard it around the Rathfarnham area late afternoon today, but it had gone before Marley Park. Where is it coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Soulcity is just a test transmission at the moment before their official launch according to their jingle. So are they a real station then? Has their ever been a national or even multi-city pirate before does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They are a pirate. In that game you take every day as it comes. They could be gone tomorrow.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The church in Portlaoise has a constant blank carrier on 106.5

No sign of Fusion 87.6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

marno21 wrote: »
    The church in Portlaoise has a constant blank carrier on 106.5

No sign of Fusion 87.6

They were said to be on and pushing high power a few months back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

We could really do with a chill out pirate station.

Does anyone remember chill that used to be on the astra satellite? 24 hours a day and ad free. Think it went dab only

We could really do with a chill out pirate station.

Does anyone remember chill that used to be on the astra satellite? 24 hours a day and ad free. Think it went dab only

yeah, there was also a good chill out thing on sky a thing called music choice where you pressed the red button for different genres all add free

Dungarvan west Waterford scan
    87.5 klub fm (cork)
    105.1 opntempo (Waterford city)
    Neither with rds but strong in some areas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Was listening to non stop 90s while in Dublin yesterday , Very well put together , great mix of music , however I wonder how long they'll last before been raided , Advertising etc , can't see the regular stations like 4fm been to happy , I'm sure there on the radar of comreg .

castle2012 wrote: »
    Was listening to non stop 90s while in Dublin yesterday , Very well put together , great mix of music , however I wonder how long they'll last before been raided , Advertising etc , can't see the regular stations like 4fm been to happy , I'm sure there on the radar of comreg .

klub fm in cork have been advertising for a while now no interference and no complaints from red or 96

• Advertisement

Am not picking rinse up on 94.3 or 88.1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Am not picking rinse up on 94.3 or 88.1

Firstly, it's rince - not rinse! It's the Irish word for "Dance". I just about picked it up around Ringsend last night on 88.1, when I did a bit of scanning sitting in my car! It might be yet another of those west Dublin stations, that are hard to pick up anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

castle2012 wrote: »

every station is on the radar of comreg. comreg will know exactly what is on air even if they don't raid.
    the businesses that would advertise on nonstop 90s would be very unlikely to advertise on the licenced stations, so even if the regular stations would be unhappy, taking nonstop 90s off the air won't make any difference as they would be very unlikely to get the advertising anyway.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Firstly, it's rince - not rinse! It's the Irish word for "Dance". I just about picked it up around Ringsend last night on 88.1, when I did a bit of scanning sitting in my car! It might be yet another of those west Dublin stations, that are hard to pick up anywhere else.

sorry autocorrection

A post on radionecks a few days ago saying super fm is back on

I'd pay someone to start a chill pirate station. Or learn how to do it myself. Rte chill has a loose definition of 'chill'.

Anyone with a dipole and a 1kw transmitter pm me :-)

I'd pay someone to start a chill pirate station. Or learn how to do it myself. Rte chill has a loose definition of 'chill'.

Anyone with a dipole and a 1kw transmitter pm me :-)

would do it myself i have the music no expertise

would do it myself i have the music no expertise

We've now just been added to comregs watch list no doubt :-)

We've now just been added to comregs watch list no doubt :-)

I wish bai would do a jnlr on pirates

I mean i guess there would be confidentially problems, but it would be interesting to see how many listeners they have and how many actually know its a pirate station theyre listening to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I think with FM becoming a dying medium, pirates do the licenced stations a favour. Get people back listening and then in turn flicking around.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I think with FM becoming a dying medium, pirates do the licenced stations a favour. Get people back listening and then in turn flicking around.

Same but i dont agree that fm is becoming a dying medium. if u set up a station on fm and online ull attract a lot more listeners on fm. I look at online listener counts and most I have seen dont exceed 500 per a station. I think there is too much choice online if that makesense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Same but i dont agree that fm is becoming a dying medium. if u set up a station on fm and online ull attract a lot more listeners on fm. I look at online listener counts and most I have seen dont exceed 500 per a station. I think there is too much choice online if that makesense

Sorry. I meant with regards online stuff and 4G been available on the move more so people I think use personal playlists more so than FM. So digital vs analog, the digital side is getting stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i dont agree that fm is becoming a dying medium.

fm absolutely is slowly becoming a dying medium. over regulated, and the same content can be accessed online (you have to pay for an internet connection but most people are paying for 1 anyway regardless)
    I look at online listener counts and most I have seen dont exceed 500 per a station.

where are you seeing those listener counts. the problem is listener counts only examine connected streams, there could be a few people listening to the same connected stream of the service. if we take your figure of 500 as being the case, that is pretty decent listenership for what are for the most part, small scale stations. especially considering the amount of stations availible. the big networks will get a hell of a lot more. online is where the real market for how radio should work, does work (to an extent)
    I think there is too much choice online if that makes sense

there is never to much choice, always something new to discover. i have a whole load of stations i can listen to. how it should be. i'd rather to much choice rather then what we have got on fm. i wouldn't go back to fm, you can access the same content online on a divice you are using for other stuff anyway. i haven't owned an fm radio for years now and i never will again. waste of time.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The cost of delivering a stream is much higher per listener compared to traditional FM delivery. Sure, FM is in decline - but it's very cost effective for the broadcaster. I can see right now that 4FM has 323 active streams & FM104 has 636. That probably pales in comparison to their actual FM figures.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The cost of delivering a stream is much higher per listener compared to traditional FM delivery. Sure, FM is in decline - but it's very cost effective for the broadcaster. I can see right now that 4FM has 323 active streams & FM104 has 636. That probably pales in comparison to their actual FM figures.

Is this one stream or all of them? Before FM104 had 3 streams (48k AAC, 64k mono MP3 & 128k stereo MP3)

It's the 128k MP3 stream - the only one they have listed on TuneIn/ShoutCAST and their website. A Romanian based ShoutCAST server.

Interesting fact, Radio Nova are using the exact same Romanian based server to host their stream as FM104 (currently 134 listening @ 48kbps, 342 listening @128kbps).

Must have been a good deal on streaming packages... :)

Interesting fact, Radio Nova are using the exact same Romanian based server to host their stream as FM104 (currently 134 listening @ 48kbps, 342 listening @128kbps).

Must have been a good deal on streaming packages... :)

Is that the listener countjust the shout cast website or across all platforms

• Advertisement

All platforms. The web site uses the same server as TuneIn etc.

Advertisement