Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

anyone know when caroline, cityview or hazard (all cork) were launched? just out of curiosity? btw I wonder why only 1 out of 5 cork pirates are also online.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

anyone know when caroline, cityview or hazard (all cork) were launched? just out of curiosity? btw I wonder why only 1 out of 5 cork pirates are also online.

Cityview is around at least 15 years.

Caroline is around since around 2011 afaik.

Hazard launched as 'PSY' in 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What freq is DHR on lads?

MrMac84 wrote: »

have a recording from cityview don't know how to imbed its an .mp3 wish I could. honestly for anyone who hasn't heard cityview it's some lad in cork city doing what you could only call comedy by making fun of radio and playing songs from and about cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

have a recording from cityview don't know how to imbed its an .mp3 wish I could. honestly for anyone who hasn't heard cityview it's some lad in cork city acting in a way I can't even describe and playing songs from and about cork.

upload to dropbox or google drive and share link?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_c7eYeP037eNFNhbFZHSGxGUlU
    Cityview, the priceless pirate97.6 cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

does anyone know of a hack or something that I could get my radio to get 87.5 as it starts on 88?

Must be a radio designed for the American market as their FM band doesn't go as low as Europe:

discussed here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057586628

What is this radio of yours anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Bizarre.

Antenna wrote: »
    Must be a radio designed for the American market as their FM band doesn't go as low as Europe:

discussed here:

just a sony, cfd-v7

• Advertisement

just a sony, cfd-v7

I see a picture of it online, its a dial tuned radio, the fact the lowest number on the dial is 88 doesn't mean that 88.0 is the lowest frequency it receives. It probably does go down to 87.5 but whatever is below 88 is too weak for the radio to receive where you are ?

discussed here:

just a sony, cfd-v7

I see a picture of it online, its a dial tuned radio, the fact the lowest number on the dial is 88 doesn't mean that 88.0 is the lowest frequency it receives. It probably does go down to 87.5 but whatever is below 88 is too weak for the radio to receive where you are ?

Sorry reposted accidentally I think it starts on 87.6 (research).am looking for 87.5

Dial tuned radios usually tune slightly over the edges of the band anyway so you should have no problem, they often tune down to 87.0 to take account of FM frequencies used in China - where many radios are manufactured (even though they might be specified for 87.5-108).

Dial tuned radios usually tune slightly over the edges of the band anyway so you should have no problem, they often tune down to 87.0 to take account of FM frequencies used in China (even though they might be specified for 87.5-108).

so the amount my radio tunes down to isnt always the same? Someone told me to try opening it up and forcing it down

so the amount my radio tunes down to isnt always the same? Someone told me to try opening it up and forcing it down

Who says that is the problem??

I think you said you are in Waterford somewhere . There are no stations there below 88. The fact that a car radio can hear distant signals below 88 does not mean that a typical radio indoors will get them ??

Who says that is the problem??

I think you said you are in Waterford somewhere . There are no stations there below 88. The fact that a car radio can hear distant signals below 88 does not mean that a typical radio indoors will get them ??

it will pick up stations long distance on other freqs

U setting sumtin up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I know that Prince was quite rightly getting a good bit of play on various licensed stations, since his sad demise on Thursday - certainly TXFM. Radio Nova and Q102, and I'm pretty sure 4FM as well.

Have any pirates around the country played much Prince since his death?

There's really only two that could in Dublin at the moment - Nineties and Soul City - given that the genres of the others are very different.

I know that Prince was quite rightly getting a good bit of play on various licensed stations, since his sad demise on Thursday - certainly TXFM. Radio Nova and Q102, and I'm pretty sure 4FM as well.

Have any pirates around the country played much Prince since his death?

There's really only two that could in Dublin at the moment - Nineties and Soul City - given that the genres of the others are very different.

soulcity is a continious playlist no shows i doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

soulcity is a continious playlist no shows i doubt it

why do you doubt it. playlists can be tweaked, automated stations can still have people working behind the sceenes

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

why do you doubt it. playlists can be tweaked, automated stations can still have people working behind the sceenes

Fair point sir

I dont mean this to sound sexist but have there ever been any women on pirate radio

U setting sumtin up

Ha ha no!

What do people think of klubs format? My fave pirate on air at the mo and im always up and down the country

What do people think of klubs format? My fave pirate on air at the mo and im always up and down the country

Long play is too repetitive now... Was better a few months back when useing radiodj for it...Zara/raduga is outdated,, Used too listen nearly all day back then

Long play is too repetitive now... Was better a few months back when useing radiodj for it...Zara/raduga is outdated,, Used too listen nearly all day back then

What are the programs u mentioned some sort of spotify

Just over now but just heard a rocknroll medley on storm ne

Sorry im not a dj what difference does it make what programme is used to play the music

• Advertisement

Sorry im not a dj what difference does it make what programme is used to play the music

Playlist software plays the music and adds in the same order.... Other software randomly picks songs from pre loaded folders with options too say limit things too1 Rihanna song per hour etc and helps mix up the long play more

Advertisement