Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Playlist software plays the music and adds in the same order.... Other software randomly picks songs from pre loaded folders with options too say limit things too1 Rihanna song per hour etc and helps mix up the long play more

how is what they use "outdated" just out of curiosity?

Funny thing on 90s couple of times heard songs skipped over like a cd where every single element is scratched, also its clear the "shows" arent shows or live its clear they got the presenters just recorded a few clips between songs to be played at the time the show is supposedly "live"

What da story in dublin at da mo? Last i heard was:
    Nlr 87.6
    Rince 88.1
    Phever 91.6/93.2
    Soulcity 92.0
    Heat 99.5
    90s 107.1
    (Rumoured) super fm back on 107.9

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

I noticed The Square FM now on 108.00 last evening.

ITV2 wrote: »
    I noticed The Square FM now on 108.00 last evening.

Isnt that an emergency freq? That'll go well lol

• Advertisement

Looked up the square radio online i found a page but it just said the square radio was a Tallaght project, looks like a temp licence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Rince radio sounding very well on tune in app , fair play whoever s behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

castle2012 wrote: »
    Rince radio sounding very well on tune in app , fair play whoever s behind it

Pretty good on FM too today. Seems improving a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Pretty good on FM too today. Seems improving a lot

What part of Dublin is it coming from because I can rarely pick it up and certainly not around Dundrum?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Seems to have been missed here, Spirit have new relays on 93.1 in Kilkenny (same block as the community station on 88.7), Carlow on 90.5 and Athlone on 90.6 (same block as nearby Today FM on 100.2 in Ballinasloe).

• Advertisement

`found this on youtube historical moments of pirate radio in the 0's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1HK50DkRw
    Anyone have any recordings of pirate radio late 90's to today? can't seem to find any online just the 70's and 80's

What part of Dublin is it coming from because I can rarely pick it up and certainly not around Dundrum?

I was listening to it in Ballymun no bother. Think I'll be in Tallaght tomorrow so will try it there

`found this on youtube historical moments of pirate radio in the 0's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1HK50DkRw
    Anyone have any recordings of pirate radio late 90's to today? can't seem to find any online just the 70's and 80's

I have some early to mid nineties if that's any good to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Just thinking there today, I know 90s is a pirate but isn't it bad form to ask people to text in when all the shows are pre recorded.

Most other stations ask people 'not to call or text as the lines are now closed and this is a pre recorded show'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

TallGlass wrote: »
    Just thinking there today, I know 90s is a pirate but isn't it bad form to ask people to text in when all the shows are pre recorded.

Most other stations ask people 'not to call or text as the lines are now closed and this is a pre recorded show'.
    Suppose they make some money off it so they will say that the take the requests into consideration when making the playlist.Whether they do or not is another thing.

On a related note, i noticed HEAT is off-air today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

TallGlass wrote: »

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Suppose they make some money off it so they will say that the take the requests into consideration when making the playlist.Whether they do or not is another thing.

as far as i know (all be it i can't confirm it) the show's are simply voice tracked, not pre-recorded. so there might still be someone there to insert requests into the playlist.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

FrostyJim wrote: »

On a related note, i noticed HEAT is off-air today.

They're still online

Storm ne offline 104.2?

They're still online

it's off fm.
    Storm ne offline 104.2?

down for maintenence maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

as far as i know (all be it i can't confirm it) the show's are simply voice tracked, not pre-recorded. so there might still be someone there to insert requests into the playlist.

Interesting, I wonder will we ever get live shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Redlake

marno21 wrote: »
    Seems to have been missed here, Spirit have new relays on 93.1 in Kilkenny (same block as the community station on 88.7), Carlow on 90.5 and Athlone on 90.6 (same block as nearby Today FM on 100.2 in Ballinasloe).

Today FM on 100.2 is from Athlone. The transmitter is on top of the Sheraton Hotel. 90.6 for Spirit Radio is in the same block. Why then does RTE use 89.3 and 91.5 from Athlone? Today FM would use 101.1 as a national station.

Today FM on 100.2 is from Athlone. The transmitter is on top of the Sheraton Hotel. 90.6 for Spirit Radio is in the same block. Why then does RTE use 89.3 and 91.5 from Athlone? Today FM would use 101.1 as a national station if it followed the RTE Stations. I hope 100.2 is not being used to limit Radio Nova reaching the west!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Redlake wrote: »
    Today FM on 100.2 is from Athlone. The transmitter is on top of the Sheraton Hotel. 90.6 for Spirit Radio is in the same block. Why then does RTE use 89.3 and 91.5 from Athlone? Today FM would use 101.1 as a national station.
    Was it you that posted about it before? I misread the original post, you were picking it up in Ballinasloe but it was coming from Athlone? :)

RTE's two frequencies are legacy ones. Can't understand why they didn't start all 5 services from Cairn Hill and switch off the Athlone TX's

Storm back

Any sign of heat on fm or is this the end of their fm presence?

give them a chance, i'm sure they will be back soon unless they specify otherwise.

Was it you that posted about it before? I misread the original post, you were picking it up in Ballinasloe but it was coming from Athlone? :)

RTE's two frequencies are legacy ones. Can't understand why they didn't start all 5 services from Cairn Hill and switch off the Athlone TX's

Yes I posted this before. Picked up Today FM on 100.2 in Ballinasloe. The transmitter is in Athlone

Was on at 6.30am today. Think it went off an hour or so later

Was on at 6.30am today. Think it went off an hour or so later

Strange

• Advertisement

Strange

May have came back on later. I forgot to check on the way home :)

Advertisement