Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Do heat remain off air?
    JDxtra wrote: »
    For a time earlier, there was a weak relay of Soul City on 99.5. It wasn't on for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Do heat remain off air?

They just came back on air.

Klub FM seem to be having audio issues.
    Edit: Back to normal now

No audio on Heat's stream today

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

No audio on Heat's stream today

back now since before 6 at least.
    live show on since 6

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

No audio today on SoulCity 105.2 in Dublin. Stream is up though.

Is Hazard still off in Cork

Kiss Fm (not sure which one) have moved to 102.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

105.2 (Soulcity)now off air in Dublin

ITV2 wrote: »
    105.2 (Soulcity)now off air in Dublin

Been off since yesterday.
    Kiss have moved from 101.4 to 102.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Been off since yesterday.
    Kiss have moved from 101.4 to 102.9

Only getting east coast fm on 102.9 in West Dublin the other day when I checked. I've yet to hear kiss despite it being around ages. Can you tell me where abouts in Duluth you are picking it up and what time?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Only getting east coast fm on 102.9 in West Dublin the other day when I checked. I've yet to hear kiss despite it being around ages. Can you tell me where abouts in Duluth you are picking it up and what time?

i believe it's ricievable in Tallaght intermittently at certain nights and on weekends, and yes its a dodgy frequency as eastcoast gets out well into Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Any sign of specktrum ? There due on fm in dublin shortly. According to Facebook launching on the 9th and 10th of June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Bring back the storm dublin /nrg ,pirate radio has been poor since they went

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

i believe it's ricievable in Tallaght intermittently at certain nights and on weekends, and yes its a dodgy frequency as eastcoast gets out well into Dublin

102.9FM is an ok frequency in Dublin.

SoulCity / Easy FM seem to have departed the airwaves for the moment - Energy has been on over the weekend on 1395AM

Infoanon wrote: »
    102.9FM is an ok frequency in Dublin.

SoulCity / Easy FM seem to have departed the airwaves for the moment - Energy has been on over the weekend on 1395AM

East Coast Radio are strong in West Dublin on 102.9. I think it should be avoided as a frequency.

JDxtra wrote: »
    East Coast Radio are strong in West Dublin on 102.9. I think it should be avoided as a frequency.

Its not actually that strong in West Dublin - which is served by 99.9.

More to the point 102.9FM has been used by a number of stations over the years including Pulse103 (when 102.9 was stronger in the Westside of the City)

There are better frequencies available but its no worse that eg 97.3

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There is also slim chance of a low power 102.9 in Dublin interfering with East Coast 102.9 either in Wicklow Town or Baltinglass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but here goes... Was up by Mahon Falls in the Comeraghs, Waterford at the weekend, did a scan on FM on the car radio and was astounded with what I was picking up. BBC R1, R2, R4 along with BBC Wales appearing in multiple places along the band. Loud and clear and in full stereo!! Picked up Classic FM also, but that was a little less clear.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

RINO87 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place for it, but here goes... Was up by Mahon Falls in the Comeraghs, Waterford at the weekend, did a scan on FM on the car radio and was astounded with what I was picking up. BBC R1, R2, R4 along with BBC Wales appearing in multiple places along the band. Loud and clear and in full stereo!! Picked up Classic FM also, but that was a little less clear.

Any frequencies in particular?

This was also the site for receiving the UK tv channels for several deflector services back in the 1980s-2000s, so FM should be very strong in the area.

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    There is also slim chance of a low power 102.9 in Dublin interfering with East Coast 102.9 either in Wicklow Town or Baltinglass

Unlikely - wrong side of the mountain - also the ECR mast is directional iirc

4 FM have adjusted their RDS to 4FM_____ on their 94.6 & 94.9 transmitters in Dublin/Saggart

Infoanon wrote: »
    4 FM have adjusted their RDS to 4FM_____ on their 94.6 & 94.9 transmitters in Dublin/Saggart

Noticed that the other day. They hardly done it intentionally did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Noticed that the other day. They hardly done it intentionally did they?

i know very little about rds, but what would be the point of them doing it intentionally if they did?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

i know very little about rds, but what would be the point of them doing it intentionally if they did?

That's what I was wondering, surely one of them have it as a preset in their car and noticed it.

That's what I was wondering, surely one of them have it as a preset in their car and noticed it.
    It doesn't really make a difference to the end user, so I'd imagine an engineer wouldn't be sent to Three Rock to repair such a small error.

Is 94.6 a rebroadcast of 94.9 or a separate satellite fed relay?

It doesn't really make a difference to the end user, so I'd imagine an engineer wouldn't be sent to Three Rock to repair such a small error.
    I guess so. Most people wouldn't give it a second thought.

I guess so. Most people wouldn't give it a second thought.
    Indeed in a lot of modern cars with LCD screens it's very difficult to notice a small variation in the RDS PS, when each letter doesn't have its own 7 segment display or similar.

Apparently Vibe FM 87.8 in Cork city is off air.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Is 94.6 a rebroadcast of 94.9 or a separate satellite fed relay?

Surely they can remote connect into there own equipment?

Advertisement