Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Noticed that the other day. They hardly done it intentionally did they?

It was probably intentional - to change the RDS you have to make a manual adjustment , you should be able to do this remotely (unless its an older unit and then the default would probably not be 4FM_____).

Additionally the BAI would have to be notified (and agree to?)if the RDS is changed - therefore if this was an error it would have been rectified by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

That time again, sporadic-e all over the band tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Huh?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Huh?

Spanish and possibly other foreign stations all over the FM band here in Waterford tonight

Cork city bandscan:
    87.5 Klub FM
    97.6 Cityview no RDS
    104.9 DHR
    106.7 Caroline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Spirit Radio now on 88.0 FM in Tralee.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Spirit Radio now on 88.0 FM in Tralee.

Been there for 2/3 months. TX site is near Castleisland, not far from the N21 going towards Abbeyfeale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What's up with Heat Dublin 99.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JDxtra wrote: »
    What's up with Heat Dublin 99.5?

i don't know, are they off fm?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Do you have any particular frequencies that act as a guide to tell you if there is sporadic-e. What type of antenna are you using

• Advertisement

i don't know, are they off fm?

The stream was on, but had skipping snippets of songs. Didn't get a chance to check FM. Was OK then later.

WHL wrote: »
    Do you have any particular frequencies that act as a guide to tell you if there is sporadic-e. What type of antenna are you using

It was just your average car radio, all i remember at this point of the scan is that 94.8 had one and there was one on at one point called andaciero or something, plenty more but that is all i can recall

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rebel Radio

This Wednesday at Branigan's pub just off O'Connell Street at 7pm Sharp for interested parties and anoraks willing to give some time to setting up a pirate radio museum or gallery exhibition.

Heat have returned to fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Just tuned into specktrim radio , there officially launching this weekend, great music ,they have an app on android and iPhone, any idea are they on fm in dublin ?

castle2012 wrote: »
    Just tuned into specktrim radio , there officially launching this weekend, great music ,they have an app on android and iPhone, any idea are they on fm in dublin ?

No, they are not on FM.

99.5 sounding distorted today due to very loud audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

castle2012 wrote: »

they aren't on fm and have no plans to be for now apparently

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

On a journey back from Kilkenny to Dungarvan I was listening to Beat 102-103, interestingly though as the radio switched frequencies depending on the area, it was clear that some of the station's transmitters had more modulation, thus making the sound quality significantly better. Is this done on purpose? Or is it likely that some of Beat's transmitters are relays, meaning the modulation might be lower on them?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

On a journey back from Kilkenny to Dungarvan I was listening to Beat 102-103, interestingly though as the radio switched frequencies depending on the area, it was clear that some of the station's transmitters had more modulation, thus making the sound quality significantly better. Is this done on purpose? Or is it likely that some of Beat's transmitters are relays, meaning the modulation might be lower on them?

Was this issue around Clonmel? 102.0 Mount Leinster and 102.2 Dungarvan always seemed OK to me but I noticed last week that 102.4 isn't near as good as the other two

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    Was this issue around Clonmel? 102.0 Mount Leinster and 102.2 Dungarvan always seemed OK to me but I noticed last week that 102.4 isn't near as good as the other two

No I was nowhere near Tipperary and don't know which tx it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

dublin city fm
    bbcr4
    outside navan shoping center

Lots of Spanish and Italian stations receivable in Dublin this afternoon - BBC radio and Chill being wiped out at the moment by them . ITALIA very clear on 89.6 and *Radio1 clear on 87.6 - Spanish coming in on 88.1/88.7/89.3 - RDS is a telephone number !

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aliveireland

Same here in Wexford, RTL 102.5 from Italy the stand out.

Dublin today
    87.6 Chill FM
    91.6 Phever
    99.5 heat
    107.1 Trax

• Registered Users Posts: 27 carlowmanken

I noticed Newstalk are now stereo down in the south.The stereo light was on in my car and on my home radio, but it didnt sound great. Are they going stereo across the country now?

Dublin today
    87.6 Chill FM
    91.6 Phever
    99.5 heat
    107.1 Trax

Chill and Heat were not on FM today, or if they were it was for a short time only.

Chill and Heat were not on FM today, or if they were it was for a short time only.

Chill were on most of the evening, Heat were not on when that scan was done but came back on later so I edited the post to include it.

Chill were on for most of the evening, Heat was not on when the original scan was done but came on later so the post was edited to include it.

• Advertisement

Weekend Music Radio aka Energy are making regular appearances Friday to Sunday on 1395AM - as an aside it sounds like the optimod has been adjusted

Advertisement