Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JDxtra wrote: »
    Some activity on 99.5 today. RDS showing as "Space FM". Thought I heard the liners calling it "Bass FM". Playing Coldplay songs now.
    Good idea to avoid detection by Comreg. If they happen on a station playing Coldplay they'll just assume it's one of the licenced stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

marno21 wrote: »
    Some activity on 99.5 today. RDS showing as "Space FM". Thought I heard the liners calling it "Bass FM". Playing Coldplay songs now.
    Good idea to avoid detection by Comreg. If they happen on a station playing Coldplay they'll just assume it's one of the licenced stations.
    I would've thought Comreg would be looking at frequency and RDS and such as opposed to what artist a station is playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Was going to post this earlier, then fried the ****é out of my computer by touching it (lets not get into it!), anyway without doing a Vincent Browne on it.

Holy Jaysis, Trax where seriously lashing the tunes out of it, that mix ****é got me wet as foooook.

Serious thumbs up. :eek::cool::)

In all honestly, did they rob a record shop :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

TallGlass wrote: »
    Was going to post this earlier, then fried the ****é out of my computer by touching it (lets not get into it!), anyway without doing a Vincent Browne on it.

Holy Jaysis, Trax where seriously lashing the tunes out of it, that mix ****é got me wet as foooook.

Serious thumbs up. :eek::cool::)

In all honestly, did they rob a record shop :pac::pac::pac:

We aim to please!

Was this the mix from 8-10 by Mark? That was particularly good, and we've received great feedback on it from other listeners. We might give that one a spin again later tonight after the other listener mixes finish up (so, from 11.30pm-ish).

TRUE sounding good on 87.8, their range seems on a level with Klub on 87.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

think they are broadcasting from high point in castlemartyr east cork, On 300-500watts towards the city
    Relaying the online steam. Coming from the guy streaming the online, he has another guy transmitting it. Heard PlayFM are coming back on same frequency with higher power so might mean radio wars for 87.8fm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i respectfully suggest that people should not give out locations of transmitter or studio sites of currently broadcasting pirate stations.
    i know the authorities will find them if they want to but lets not put stations at greater risk.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Anglers wrote: »

think they are broadcasting from high point in castlemartyr east cork, On 300-500watts towards the city
    Relaying the online steam. Coming from the guy streaming the online, he has another guy transmitting it. Heard PlayFM are coming back on same frequency with higher power so might mean radio wars for 87.8fm
    Surely there's another free frequency in Cork that one or other of them could use to avoid all that hassle? Are the guys behind Play the same lads who had another station earlier this year?

i respectfully suggest that people should not give out locations of transmitter or studio sites of currently broadcasting pirate stations.
    i know the authorities will find them if they want to but lets not put stations at greater risk.

Apolises for info, noted

Surely there's another free frequency in Cork that one or other of them could use to avoid all that hassle? Are the guys behind Play the same lads who had another station earlier this year?

Yes same people behind play earlier in the year are returning again. Possibly to 100.5fm if Cork FM don't return, play have mentioned this to me and also that Cork FM are finding it hard to get a temp license again, Is that correct, any one know?

• Advertisement

Anglers wrote: »

Yes same people behind play earlier in the year are returning again. Possibly to 100.5fm if Cork FM don't return, play have mentioned this to me and also that Cork FM are finding it hard to get a temp license again, Is that correct, any one know?
    haven't heard but haven't cork fm been getting temp lisences for years? Wonder did they breach the terms of their last one perhaps?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

102.9 Spin South West from Kilkeveragh in West Kerry has no RDS at the minute. Quite confusing for tourists heading west along the N86 to discover no alternative frequency west of Tralee.

Very strong Radio Kerry on 96.6 around Dingle. New relay?

Sligo relay of Spirit Radio due on 93.4 soon as per website.

marno21 wrote: »
    Sligo relay of Spirit Radio due on 93.4 soon as per website.

Just scanning the car radio at about 5.30 today in Sligo and Rds and audio for Spirit came up. Think Fleetwood Mac were on at the time. What is this station about, religion with some pop thrown in?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

Rte r1 on 107.1 is trax gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Weird. In what area did you notice this? Does RTE show RDS? It could be somebody being silly and relaying RTE Radio One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Weird. In what area did you notice this? Does RTE show RDS? It could be somebody being silly and relaying RTE Radio One.

Stream is up, to be honest that how I listen nearly 95% of the time or via the TuneIn app.

I get R1 in tallaght and here in Wicklow, with full RDS. 107.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

ITV2 wrote: »
    Rte r1 on 107.1 is trax gone ?

107.1 is still Trax (in Tallaght aswell !)

RTE R1 on 107.1 sounds like an issue with your radio

No issue at all, I just got it installed last week, when i head for Saggart R1 is really strong but in D24 area they seem to merge on top of each other not sure why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Infoanon wrote: »
    107.1 is still Trax (in Tallaght aswell !)

RTE R1 on 107.1 sounds like an issue with your radio

Trax still in north Dublin on 107.1

ITV2 wrote: »
    No issue at all, I just got it installed last week, when i head for Saggart R1 is really strong but in D24 area they seem to merge on top of each other not sure why?
    Might be Newstalk on 107.2?

Cork city today could just about here Spirit Radio on 88.7. Third party relay perhaps?

Strong carrier on 91.9 in Dublin.

Strong carrier on 91.9 in Dublin.

any update on this? thanks.

any update on this? thanks.

It was gone when I checked today. After I posted yesterday it started playing music - I can only describe it as "oldies". No RDS or stereo signal appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

101.4 Tallaght area, Kiss Fm at weekends 10pm - 7am Relaying Kiss London midnight tI'll 4am then dance music.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    101.4 Tallaght area, Kiss Fm at weekends 10pm - 7am Relaying Kiss London midnight tI'll 4am then dance music.
    There is also Kiss FM on 105.7 from Meath I believe is audible in that area

There is also Kiss FM on 105.7 from Meath I believe is audible in that area

the kiss fm from meath is gone now apparently.

• Advertisement

In Dublin this evening...

Phever on a blank carrier. No stream. Studio work maybe?

Carrier on 91.9 and 99.5 with no RDS on either.

Trax remains on 107.1

Also Chill was on 87.6 yesterday, have not heard them in a while.

Advertisement