Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Chill have come back on over the last few weeks - mainly weekends

Easy/Soulcity vanished without trace - big difference to this time last year

91.9 had audio last night - lost of 80s - someone who knows airplay hits imho - mono/okish audio/weakish signal in the south west of Dublin - no carrier on this morning.
    99.5 was Space with audio until 7ish - then went off air and still off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    91.9 had audio last night - lost of 80s - someone who knows airplay hits imho - mono/okish audio/weakish signal in the south west of Dublin - no carrier on this morning.

Could it be someone connected to Easy Radio or Soul City perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Could it be someone connected to Easy Radio or Soul City perhaps?
    If you're referring to 91.9, then perhaps. The operator of Easy has conducted low power test broadcasts on or near that frequency in the past, as well as relaying the internet radio station All80s.
    Nothing on 99.5 or 91.9 right now anyway
    Edit: 99.5 Space FM back on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Not sure what's going on with Space FM. Yesterday afternoon the station was on air with RDS Space FM. Silent carrier on last night, nothing this afternoon and now another silent carrier. Are they simplyholding the frequency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Not sure what's going on with Space FM. Yesterday afternoon the station was on air with RDS Space FM. Silent carrier on last night, nothing this afternoon and now another silent carrier. Are they simplyholding the frequency?

it seems so. there is no working online stream for it either.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Space same as old one with Gary Cruise on 92FM a few years back or a different one?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Space same as old one with Gary Cruise on 92FM a few years back or a different one?

it's a different one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

99.5 is an embarrassment. It began to fizzle out for a few months prior to the closure of Heat FM. Then it was unidentified for a while, and now this. Its not a radio station. Its somebody playing with a transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Chill have come back on over the last few weeks - mainly weekends

Easy/Soulcity vanished without trace - big difference to this time last year

Very little on the band in Dublin at the moment in comparison to last year. Would like to see the return of NS90s, soulcity and kiss FM from a couple of years ago. Trax and phever are the only serious stations in Dublin at the moment it seems but I'm not really into their type of music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

1395 were coming in well on the Blackpool SDR today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RXTX

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Very little on the band in Dublin at the moment in comparison to last year. Would like to see the return of NS90s, soulcity and kiss FM from a couple of years ago. Trax and phever are the only serious stations in Dublin at the moment it seems but I'm not really into their type of music.
    It's a different scene now. Pirates that come on with anything that has mainstream appeal will be taken out. Non Stop 90s and Soul City can never safely return.

If the BAI advertise licences in the near future, hopefully this will allow some new players to apply and bring something fresh to the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

I see Energy AM were on air for the whole weekend 24 hrs a day ? looks as if they are increasing their power and audio is sounding very sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭turbocab

kazoo106 wrote: »
    1395 were coming in well on the Blackpool SDR today

kazoo have you the web address of that web tuner in blackpool,would love to tune into it cheers

http://g0lujkiwi.ddns.net:8073 - hope the mod allows outside links

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭turbocab

kazoo106 wrote: »
    http://g0lujkiwi.ddns.net:8073 - hope the mod allows outside links

cheers kazoo thanks for that,

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Strong carrier on 105.2 in Dublin tonight, no Rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Strong carrier on 105.2 in Dublin tonight, no Rds.

A bit early for WIMS, and a bit strong for a pirate. Interesting one.

JDxtra wrote: »
    A bit early for WIMS, and a bit strong for a pirate. Interesting one.

which station is WIMS?

which station is WIMS?

Walk In My Shoes Radio. They are on last year as well.

http://www.walkinmyshoes.ie/radio/

• Advertisement

105.2 now showing RDS as "Connect" and it played Abba and Dancing Queen.

RDS text says "Ireland's All 80s Station Connect FM".

105.2 now showing RDS as "Connect" and it played Abba and Dancing Queen.

RDS text says "Ireland's All 80s Station Connect FM".

What was the audio quality like?

Its a strong signal but I think its a pirate as there is some drop out which you would not get from a legal from 3 rock

It has moved now to 101.2. Audio is good and I heard a "Connect FM" liner on it. RDS text updated to "Hits and memories Dublins Connect FM".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

It has moved now to 101.2. Audio is good and I heard a "Connect FM" liner on it. RDS text updated to "Hits and memories Dublins Connect FM".

The transmitter must be in an excellent site as it could be received past Mullingar heading west when it was 105.2.
    101.2 is blocked out by Q from NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

Kiss Fm on 101.5 and Connect on 101.2 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

My brother living up close to Dublin tells me the test transmission s for Connect sound great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 80s

IrishHomer wrote: »
    My brother living up close to Dublin tells me the test transmission s for Connect sound great.

Connect fm sounding great.Playlist seems to be mostly 80s with a few forgotten songs in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

101.2 seem to be off now :-(

ITV2 wrote: »
    101.2 seem to be off now :-(

There's a whopper of a carrier on 93.2 FM now - so they are probably moving here.

• Advertisement

Bye Bye past airport so

Advertisement