Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JDxtra wrote: »
    Not getting it out my way at all. On Facebook, the other Rhythm FM claims to be on air on 105.7 but I can't receive it.

105.2 is not a good frequency. They'll need to make way for Christmas FM very soon.

there are 2 Rhythm FMs?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Not getting it out my way at all. On Facebook, the other Rhythm FM claims to be on air on 105.7 but I can't receive it.

105.2 is not a good frequency. They'll need to make way for Christmas FM very soon.

there are 2 Rhythm FMs?
    Their plan is to move to 105.7, though that also has one or two stations, all be it low powered ones So mightn’t be the best frequency either

TX has just been switched off for the time being anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's the same station. They must be testing different frequencies. On different Facebook pages they posted 105.2 and on another they posted 105.7. Both posted on the last few hours. Mystery solved!

On 105.7 I can pick up music, but this is most likely the station from Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Their plan is to move to 105.7, though that also has one or two stations, all be it low powered ones So mightn’t be the best frequency either

There are other frequencies available - Space appear to have departed the scene making 99.5 available, 101.2 is also available, 87.6/88.1/91.9/94.3 etc

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »

There are other frequencies available - Space appear to have departed the scene making 99.5 available, 101.2 is also available, 87.6/88.1/91.9/94.3 etc
    completely agree with you, i’m simply stating what their plans are, there are plenty of clearer frequencies in Dublin

completely agree with you, i’m simply stating what their plans are, there are plenty of clearer frequencies in Dublin

Using 105.7 upsets the 10kw monster (TX wise) on 106.0 - even mentioned it on air in the past:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

Newstalk 107.8 in Cork city sounding like its being broadcast thru a tube for the last couple of hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

RINO87 wrote: »
    Newstalk 107.8 in Cork city sounding like its being broadcast thru a tube for the last couple of hours....

Mullaghanish 107.4 sounds the same (through a 'Drainpipe' type sound) it possibly feeds 107.8, also the 106.4 sounds the same. Distant NT transmitters seem to be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I did a bit of a scan on my radio yesterday while driving between Ballinteer and Templeogue. This is what I got.

FM:
    91.6 - Phever - good reception throughout
    93.2 - Connect - reception variable but could be picked up. Strongest towards Templeogue.
    107.1 - Trax - reception variable but could be picked up for the most part. Strongest towards Templeogue.

AM:
    Energy Power (AM) - 1395 kh on Medium Wave - Reception variable, sometimes interference.

Is that it or are there other low-powered stations still around? Has Chill gone from 87.6?

• Advertisement

Retro FM has appeared on 91.0 in Dublin playing oldies.

Connect on 92.0 tonight.
    Also a strong carrier on 99.5.

Also a strong carrier on 99.5.

it's most likely space fm

it's most likely space fm

The RDS is SPACE FM

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Heard a station playing dance on 94.3 rhythm fm was its name anyone here it was on for a few hours

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Heard a station playing dance on 94.3 rhythm fm was its name anyone here it was on for a few hours
    Yup, they’ve been doing test transmissions for a while now. I believe it is there intention to use 94.3 on a permanent basis.

Yup, they’ve been doing test transmissions for a while now. I believe it is there intention to use 94.3 on a permanent basis.

Was picking them up in Ashtown Clear
    What power they pushing and what location

Was picking them up in Ashtown Clear
    What power they pushing and what location
    It is not my place to say

Ok will power wise what is
    I'm guessing it's not a mountain site

Ok will power wise what is
    I'm guessing it's not a mountain site
    It’s on low power and to the best of my knowledge not on a mountain site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is 94.3 not a bad frequency to use on a permanent basis? Xmas fm and some of the temp stations like 8radio use it throughout the year.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Is 94.3 not a bad frequency to use on a permanent basis? Xmas fm and some of the temp stations like 8radio use it throughout the year.
    I was under the impression that it had been replaced by 105.2 as the main frequency for Dublin wide temps.

Last year, they were allocated these frequencies that could be heard in Dublin:

Dublin City & County - 105.2 FM
    Kildare - 88.1 FM
    North East - 99.4 FM

As far as I know, frequencies for this year are yet to be announced.

Maybe there was another temp on at the same time last year and they could have been allocated 94.3?

Last year, they were allocated these frequencies that could be heard in Dublin:

Dublin City & County - 105.2 FM
    Kildare - 88.1 FM
    North East - 99.4 FM

As far as I know, frequencies for this year are yet to be announced.

Maybe there was another temp on at the same time last year and they could have been allocated 94.3?

That's is correct 8Radio were allocated 94.3FM.........draw your own conclusions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Having seen this thread this evening, I briefly did a scan on the car radio in and around Windy Arbour (area between Dundrum and Milltown).

I found the following:
    91.0 - barely audible - playing tracks by ABC. I presume this is Retro FM - no RDS.

91.6 - Phever - very strong signal

92.0 - Connect - good signal

94.3 - Nothing!

99.5 - Space FM on RDS but could get nothing!

107.1 - Trax - good signal

Yesterday in Carlow at around 7pm I picked up a station on 106.0 playing back to back country, no IDs while I was listening though
    Edit: Appears to be this:
    http://www.redrockradio.eu/

Having seen this thread this evening, I briefly did a scan on the car radio in and around Windy Arbour (area between Dundrum and Milltown).

I found the following:
    91.0 - barely audible - playing tracks by ABC. I presume this is Retro FM - no RDS.
    91.6 - Phever - very strong signal
    92.0 - Connect - good signal
    94.3 - Nothing!
    99.5 - Space FM on RDS but could get nothing!
    107.1 - Trax - good signal

In the south west of the city at the moment and picking up:
    91.0 Retro - average signal/mono/high modulation
    91.6 Phever - strong
    92.0 Connect - strong
    99.5 Space - blank carrier
    105.7 Rhythm ? - weak signal
    107.1 Trax - strong signal

Not forgetting 1395 AM Energy Power AM

FLIRT on a silent carrier this evening.

does this have any web presence at all do you know?

• Advertisement

does this have any web presence at all do you know?
    I’ve heard an on-air DJ (once who gave a SnapChat for the station and I’ve seen mention of the station once or twice on the owners Facebook but aside from that it doesn’t seem to have any web presence of it’s own. Carrier is now a buzzing tone.

Advertisement